Daily knockout tournament - why is expiry in 23hours when i played my games yesterday.

wbasteele
876 posts Semi-Pro
so i played my 8 games yesterday - so im expecting to play another 8 games today but expiry is 23 hours can anyone explain this as i thought this was a daily knockout instead it looks like a 2 day knockout

Comments

• JorisDB
    1384 posts Professional
    Hmm you got a point there, it says Daily knockout, but the tournament always goes on for 2 days.

They changed this after a few weeks, in the beginning it was 5 tournaments (monday-friday) with a few tries on each tournament (and most of them with different requirements). Then they added Friday to the WL and had 4 tournaments with 4 tries on each. They then realized that 4 tournaments with all different requirements was quite hectic and unnecessary, so they changed it again to two tournaments with 8 tries on each..

The name however is no longer correct in that way, but it's been like this for the last few months now.. (You still get the same amount of tries though, that did not change as far as I know).
  • wbasteele
    876 posts Semi-Pro
    so it s not a daily knockout tournament ! absolute pants !!!
  • pudgyfudgy
    5493 posts Big Money Move
    If you only played 8 games means... You lost in the first round, 8 times in a row?

That aside, it's been a 2-day tournament for a long time. The name is a bit misleading, sure, but you should have also noticed that it said 1 day, X hours while you were playing yesterday.
  • DaveSaves
    20137 posts Club Captain
    It’s not 8 games a day, it’s 8 attempts
  • wbasteele
    876 posts Semi-Pro
    DaveSaves wrote: »

i know its 8 attempts ... but that should be 8 attempts daily should it not !!!! otherwise no point in calling it a daily tournament - might as well be called a weekly tournament - i think EA cocked up somewhere and it is meant to be 8 attempts a day
  • Blinky
    461 posts Sunday League Hero
    wbasteele wrote: »

i know its 8 attempts ... but that should be 8 attempts daily should it not !!!! otherwise no point in calling it a daily tournament - might as well be called a weekly tournament - i think EA cocked up somewhere and it is meant to be 8 attempts a day

They've clocked up many places, but I don't think this is one of them, seems to be the name has just carried over through the changes.
  • Diggofesh
    183 posts Has Potential To Be Special

No. JorisDB summed it up perfectly. That the name stuck might be a bit misleading but other than that EA did not „c*ck up“ for once
  • wbasteele
    876 posts Semi-Pro
    they did **** up as they call a daily tournament something you can not enter if you did it the previous day - that like saying its 2 for 1 on been fridays - you get there and they changed it to a saturday same thing
  • ozcs_69
    3108 posts National Call-Up
    That's false advertisement
  • Fab
    17821 posts World Class
    sue them
  • mascherano16
    1168 posts Professional
    so i played my 8 games yesterday - so im expecting to play another 8 games today but expiry is 23 hours can anyone explain this as i thought this was a daily knockout instead it looks like a 2 day knockout

You should actually be happy, since I assume you did not qualify as you used up all your 8 attemps

Imagine if you had 4 attempts each day, it would be even more harder to qualify since all the 'good' players can go win it again each day
  • wbasteele
    876 posts Semi-Pro

You should actually be happy, since I assume you did not qualify as you used up all your 8 attemps

Imagine if you had 4 attempts each day, it would be even more harder to qualify since all the 'good' players can go win it again each day

im gold 3 weekly - thought we had an extension so left 20 games pass until monday to find out there is no extension Doh - so yes trued to qualify yesterday but coming across full icon teams - fin idiot teams just because they want a free player
  • Clancy
    7753 posts League Winner

im gold 3 weekly - thought we had an extension so left 20 games pass until monday to find out there is no extension Doh - so yes trued to qualify yesterday but coming across full icon teams - fin idiot teams just because they want a free player

Its not for the free player, I play DKT most weekdays even though I don't need to qualify

if there was any other option to play on dedicated servers during the week I would gladly do that instead. But seasons feels like a totally different game, and I want to keep my chops up for WL
  • pudgyfudgy
    5493 posts Big Money Move

Well then you have only yourself to blame then. You seem to be the king of not reading things. First the deadline for the WL, then the deadline for DKT. What's next...?
  • wbasteele
    876 posts Semi-Pro
    edited March 2018
    no i dont have myself to blame - maybe if the ppl who have already qualified BOG off and play another mode then it would make life a lot easier and 2 if EA make it a daily tournament instead of a 48hr one - that would also help
  • Cassidinho
    369 posts Sunday League Hero
    Am I one of the few people that had his 8 attempts yesterday, failed in all 8 of them, but know that I can't try again until next week?

It certainly looks that way. Daily or not, i have 8 goes, i fail in 8 goes, so its back to practicing until next week
  • ICUP
    4118 posts National Call-Up
    no i dont have myself to blame - maybe if the ppl who have already qualified BOG off and play another mode then it would make life a lot easier and 2 if EA make it a daily tournament instead of a 48hr one - that would also help

I swear EA do 2 DKT. Monday-Tuesday usually a reward/ requirement
    Wednesday-Thurday- Free for all with no rewards
  • wbasteele
    876 posts Semi-Pro
    I swear EA do 2 DKT. Monday-Tuesday usually a reward/ requirement
    Wednesday-Thurday- Free for all with no rewards[/quote]

yes i believe it does restart tomorrow - missing my point here - its meant to be a daily tournament not a 48hr one
  • Clancy
    7753 posts League Winner
    Cassidinho wrote: »
    Am I one of the few people that had his 8 attempts yesterday, failed in all 8 of them, but know that I can't try again until next week?

It certainly looks that way. Daily or not, i have 8 goes, i fail in 8 goes, so its back to practicing until next week

no, you have 8 more attempts for Wed/thurs. you don't have to wait a week
  • Cassidinho
    Clancy wrote: »
    Cassidinho wrote: »

no, you have 8 more attempts for Wed/thurs. you don't have to wait a week

Really? Well I am a prat.. Saying that I usually try on Wednesday, i only tried yesterday for the chance of the player. OK, thats perked me up..
  • wbasteele
    876 posts Semi-Pro
    edited March 2018
    think if the Fuxxx **** made it 4 Attempts a day then everyone is happy .. at least we know where we stand in all this .. 8 attempts a day - not really hardship though is it
  • Pezza1984
    782 posts Semi-Pro
    What makes you think you can win it today anyway if you couldn’t in 8 attempts yesterday

I won it 3 and I have a full icon team...it’s a free player you can then use the SBC to upgrade, which I did and got Thiago.

Don’t blame the players, blame EA for not running two separate tournaments.
  • Clancy
    7753 posts League Winner

"bog off" :D :D haven't heard that before

gonna keep playing DKT, sorry dawg. the other mode's are too different

and as said above, if EA made it a daily tournament I'd be competing against you again tonight. As it is I've already won yesterday so maybe you'll have more luck tonight with much of the autoqualify crowd having won
  • kraid
    2206 posts Fans' Favourite
    how did you fail 8 times already??? :D :D
  • wbasteele
    876 posts Semi-Pro
    it doesn't matter whether i win or not - its something i wanted to give another go ... i.e daily tournament
  • wbasteele
    876 posts Semi-Pro
    kraid wrote: »

bad luck im afraid.. possibly hungover too haha

• Hamzy_LFC
    2109 posts Fans' Favourite
    Who remember the Keisuke Honda card you could get in Fifa 12 Online tournament I think it was!
  • Cassidinho
    kraid wrote: »

I'm hopless lol
  • CtldChaos
    2059 posts Fans' Favourite
    I get the point on the 2-day vs. daily knockout tournament name.... but seriously... of all the things that EA need to fix, this one is pretty far down on the list.

Call it the Pink Polka-dotted Rhinoceros tournament for all I care, just don't have it lag when I play it.
  • madwullie
    4340 posts National Call-Up
    Man you'd complain about anything