Has Jurgen Klopp Justified His Wages?

Comments

• Rhodesia
    783 posts Semi-Pro
    edited March 2018
    BUT THE PRIZE MONYEEEEE

Klopp earning Liverpool at least £6.5million more than Mourinho because of his superiority in the CL.

You come at the king you best not miss
    Jurgen-Klopp.jpg
  • EA_Andy
    3130 posts EA Community Manager
    Removed a bunch of posts from this thread. Lets not have these turn to childish bickering and insults.
  • Andy
    7852 posts League Winner
    We're all so glad you've taken such interest in this part of the forum.
  • SDoofus
    4745 posts National Call-Up
    https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/champions-league-misery-jose-mourinhos-14408974
    It this week emerged Liverpool's progress to the quarter-finals has already earned them a £50million windfall in guaranteed payments.

The big bucks, though, really start to roll in when what is known as the market pool is brought into consideration.

On the latest Champions League payment cycle, UEFA have put aside 507m euros, which will be distributed according to the proportional value of each television market.

English clubs benefit most from the distribution system due to the amount paid by BT Sport for the exclusive live rights to broadcast the competition.

However, the final value awarded to each club depends not only on how successful they are in the Champions League, but also how well their compatriots do.

With Tottenham Hotspur and Manchester United failing to reach the last eight - and Chelsea in danger of doing likewise - Jurgen Klopp's side can expect a further sizeable windfall even if they fail to progress any further in the competition.

@Rhodesia
  • Rhodesia
    783 posts Semi-Pro
    SDoofus wrote: »
    https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/champions-league-misery-jose-mourinhos-14408974
    It this week emerged Liverpool's progress to the quarter-finals has already earned them a £50million windfall in guaranteed payments.

The big bucks, though, really start to roll in when what is known as the market pool is brought into consideration.

On the latest Champions League payment cycle, UEFA have put aside 507m euros, which will be distributed according to the proportional value of each television market.

English clubs benefit most from the distribution system due to the amount paid by BT Sport for the exclusive live rights to broadcast the competition.

However, the final value awarded to each club depends not only on how successful they are in the Champions League, but also how well their compatriots do.

With Tottenham Hotspur and Manchester United failing to reach the last eight - and Chelsea in danger of doing likewise - Jurgen Klopp's side can expect a further sizeable windfall even if they fail to progress any further in the competition.

@Rhodesia

JO0Hhsu.jpg
  • AEsey
    5982 posts Big Money Move
    Rhodesia wrote: »

@Rhodesia

JO0Hhsu.jpg

Haha :D :D :D
    Couldn't help myself laughing
  • SDoofus
    :D
  • Gervonta
    3734 posts National Call-Up
    No
  • IntoxicatedSeal
    1421 posts Professional
    Champions league semi final, almost guaranteed two consecutive seasons in the champions league for the first time since 09. Also signing one of the now top five players on the planet for a mere €35M

All while playing the most entertaining on the planet.

I'd say he has been more then worth it.
  • Pxul_
    7724 posts League Winner
    Champions league semi final, almost guaranteed two consecutive seasons in the champions league for the first time since 09. Also signing one of the now top five players on the planet for a mere €35M

All while playing the most entertaining on the planet.

I'd say he has been more then worth it.

This
  • Gervonta
    3734 posts National Call-Up
    Not worth it unless he brings the trophy home.
  • Rhodesia
    783 posts Semi-Pro

Prize money narrative BTFO.

Nearly on par with Celtic. Lmao. Turns out we should have been comparing Mourinho to Brendan Rodgers, not Klopp.
  • Shehraj
    5733 posts Big Money Move
    This past Saturday, Liverpool tied 2-2 with West Brom, A team bottom of the table. Has Klopp the Flopp justified their wages? No.
  • SDoofus
    Shehraj wrote: »
    This past Saturday, Liverpool tied 2-2 with West Brom, A team bottom of the table. Has Klopp the Flopp justified their wages? No.

Literally in the CL semi finals. Awful post. Try harder next time.
  • Shehraj

Literally in the CL semi finals. Awful post. Try harder next time.

I'm sorry if my comment offended you, but I believe at the end of the day trophies is what matters, just look at this tottenham side. Great play, but in the end will be remembered as failures due to lack of trophies. I fear it is becoming the same case in liverpool as well.
  • ChrisLFC
    7033 posts Big Money Move
    edited April 2018

Has Shehraj justified the wage of his English tutor? No
  • Shehraj
    Liverpool 0-0 Stoke
    Has Klopp the FLopp justified his wages? fuuu*uuuc*k no

Dropping two points (or at this point it should be looked at as gaining 1?) against a team 19th in the table resigned to going down, putting top 4 in jeopardy at this point. I wonder what kind of dirt jurgen has on liverpools owners at this point.
  • G000ner
    4077 posts National Call-Up
    Liverpool 0-0 Stoke
    Has Klopp the FLopp justified his wages? fuuu*uuuc*k no

Dropping two points (or at this point it should be looked at as gaining 1?) against a team 19th in the table resigned to going down, putting top 4 in jeopardy at this point. I wonder what kind of dirt jurgen has on liverpools owners at this point.

embarrassing post
  • IntoxicatedSeal
    1421 posts Professional
    Well Champions League final....

I'm gonna say yes.
  • Shehraj

I'm gonna say yes.

sorry, i didnt know there was a trophy for second place.
  • IntoxicatedSeal
    1421 posts Professional

I'm gonna say yes.

There isn't a trophy for being butt-hurt either but if there was you'd be on-course to win it.
  • Rajivvv86
    1500 posts Play-Off Hero

I'm gonna say yes.

There isn't a trophy for being butt-hurt either but if there was you'd be on-course to win it.

Aren't those the same losers who are delighted to finish behind City despite spending so much?
  • SDoofus
    Considering we are going to be getting close to 100 million euros for our CL campaign this season, and Klopp’s wages are around £10 million a year, it’s a definite yes from me.
  • IntoxicatedSeal
    1421 posts Professional
    Rajivvv86 wrote: »

I'm gonna say yes.

Aren't those the same losers who are delighted to finish behind City despite spending so much?

Another half billion should help them maybe finish behind City in only single digits next year
  • SDoofus
    This thread really did age well

Some of the comments on the first few pages :D
  • Pugzilla
    15851 posts World Class
    Some mistakes have been made in here. Not surprised at by who made them, usual suspects taking out their back end.