why do EA keep ripping us all off - why dont they want us to have good players

Comments

• ICUP
    4218 posts National Call-Up
    edited March 2018
    ICUP wrote: »
    Dazza3113 wrote: »
    I actually think making pack weights higher wouldn't affect their profits..
    Fab wrote: »
    It is a business but why are some people just content with accepting this?

The business part for years was us paying 60euros for a game, EA making a ton of money and that's it.

Now the business part involves money making schemes that last the whole year not just at the start.

That's where it becomes a problem for some of us it seems but I think a new generation of players, who were "born into it" are now fine with the concept of spending 1000s of euros on a game throughout the year.

Unfortunately giving good pack weight would be people spending less on points. If you have an amazing team you're not gonna keep spending as much as someone who is craving improvement.

The biggest issue now is that EA will NEVER revert back. They will potentially give us free "fake" stuff but they will never reduce the price of points, the pack weight the price of the game, the price of packs.

Simply because all the top board members will expect better quarter after quarter after quarter. You don't go backwards in business.

The ONLY way but it will never happen... is if a large enough amount of players went "on strike" and boycotted Fifa points, all did a road to glory game style... and It would have to be like 10 million players most likely. That would be the only way, it's business 101, that would force them to take action and introduce sales and discounts.

If that doesn't happen, then nothing will change, I can promise you.

Next fifa they'll probably introduce something new to make it seem like they've listened to su but it will always be a fake reward, always a catch or a small print.

Nobody's content accepting this. I just find it a bit embarrassing that people like OP will complain about this game every other day yet continue to play the game and/or fill the pockets of EA with FP. Something doesn't add up there if you ask me. Why would anyone expect EA to change anything if they're hitting record revenues year after year? OP is part of the problem but doesn't see quite big enough to realise that.

Let me make it simple for you and everyone else that repeat the same thing..

The continue to play- due to their love of Football and no other decent football game

They continue to spend- because they're addicted, people distance FUT from gambling but the receptors are the same and EA prey on this

It's disgusting all the tricks they use..

-The "get hyped" promos
    -The sophisticated pricing of FP and Packs
    -the pack animations
    - the endless lightning rounds for absolutely nothing

I wonder, do people play COD due to their love of shooting real people in the face?

There are alternatives to FIFA, but people play FIFA because of the aspects that they spend a lot of time moaning about.

LOL, if I wasn't jailed I would insult you for stupidity.

Insult away! The argument that people play Fifa because they love football is flawed. My point was meant to be an exaggeration.

So if we ask 100 people that play FIFA why they play the game and they say because they love football then his argument is still flawed?

@RadioShaq can I have my jail sentence reduced early?
  • CharlieC
    6738 posts Big Money Move
    I play FIFA because I love it when it works as it should. I like trading and some sbc’s. I don’t buy packs so don’t feel like I’m being ripped off. I keep playing it for that one game in three when it’s as it should be.
  • Knowlesdinho
    11231 posts Has That Special Something
    Dazza3113 wrote: »
    I actually think making pack weights higher wouldn't affect their profits..
    Fab wrote: »
    It is a business but why are some people just content with accepting this?

The business part for years was us paying 60euros for a game, EA making a ton of money and that's it.

Now the business part involves money making schemes that last the whole year not just at the start.

That's where it becomes a problem for some of us it seems but I think a new generation of players, who were "born into it" are now fine with the concept of spending 1000s of euros on a game throughout the year.

Unfortunately giving good pack weight would be people spending less on points. If you have an amazing team you're not gonna keep spending as much as someone who is craving improvement.

The biggest issue now is that EA will NEVER revert back. They will potentially give us free "fake" stuff but they will never reduce the price of points, the pack weight the price of the game, the price of packs.

Simply because all the top board members will expect better quarter after quarter after quarter. You don't go backwards in business.

The ONLY way but it will never happen... is if a large enough amount of players went "on strike" and boycotted Fifa points, all did a road to glory game style... and It would have to be like 10 million players most likely. That would be the only way, it's business 101, that would force them to take action and introduce sales and discounts.

If that doesn't happen, then nothing will change, I can promise you.

Next fifa they'll probably introduce something new to make it seem like they've listened to su but it will always be a fake reward, always a catch or a small print.

Nobody's content accepting this. I just find it a bit embarrassing that people like OP will complain about this game every other day yet continue to play the game and/or fill the pockets of EA with FP. Something doesn't add up there if you ask me. Why would anyone expect EA to change anything if they're hitting record revenues year after year? OP is part of the problem but doesn't see quite big enough to realise that.

Let me make it simple for you and everyone else that repeat the same thing..

The continue to play- due to their love of Football and no other decent football game

They continue to spend- because they're addicted, people distance FUT from gambling but the receptors are the same and EA prey on this

It's disgusting all the tricks they use..

-The "get hyped" promos
    -The sophisticated pricing of FP and Packs
    -the pack animations
    - the endless lightning rounds for absolutely nothing

I wonder, do people play COD due to their love of shooting real people in the face?

There are alternatives to FIFA, but people play FIFA because of the aspects that they spend a lot of time moaning about.

LOL, if I wasn't jailed I would insult you for stupidity.

Insult away! The argument that people play Fifa because they love football is flawed. My point was meant to be an exaggeration.

So if we ask 100 people that play FIFA why they play the game and they say because they love football then his argument is still flawed?

@RadioShaq can I have my jail sentence reduced early?

Not everybody who plays FIFA loves or even watches football, admittedly most do.

Not everybody who loves football plays FIFA, in fact most people who follow football will probably have never played the game.

I’m not saying that people don’t play because they love football, I’m saying that is not the only reason they play.

Winning games, trying to pack decent players, completing SBCs, incremental improvements to team and gameplay etc, are the real reasons people play.

Let’s face it, the game hardly represents real football, I love the beautiful game, but I barely recognise it at play in FIFA lol. I still love the game though, but not because I love football.
  • wbasteele
    876 posts Semi-Pro
    edited March 2018
    personally the game could be amazing but all these hidden stops - the ppl at EA know exactly the cost of coins or there about and when you look at tradeable PTG and that costing 100k+ and then you pack a 50k well there you go - you have already lost ... tultimate team should be too make improvements but how can we when this is going on.. if i trade a 87 willian i dont expect next round to get a 80 rated player its just not on.. and this is why i feel ripped off
  • NeedleVor
    96 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    The pack weight is absolutely perfect in my opinion - it should be almost impossible to pack high rated cards and it makes sense from a gameplay perspective that the odds are so low.

If they started dishing out high rated cards in all promo packs then everyone would end up with a full icon team in no time. It would be incredibly boring if everyone had the same team and people would stop playing.

Stop moaning about pack weights, it's ridiculous. If you don't like it then don't play, simple.
  • ICUP
    4218 posts National Call-Up
    NeedleVor wrote: »
    The pack weight is absolutely perfect in my opinion - it should be almost impossible to pack high rated cards and it makes sense from a gameplay perspective that the odds are so low.

If they started dishing out high rated cards in all promo packs then everyone would end up with a full icon team in no time. It would be incredibly boring if everyone had the same team and people would stop playing.

Stop moaning about pack weights, it's ridiculous. If you don't like it then don't play, simple.

I've been saying this for ages but people feel entitled to "Big" players because they put a certain amount of money into the game
  • CharlieC

I've been saying this for ages but people feel entitled to "Big" players because they put a certain amount of money into the game
    If there was no money changing hands it wouldn’t be an issue
  • NeedleVor
    96 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Nobody is forcing anyone to spend money on it though, it's completely their choice.
  • CharlieC
    Nobody is forcing anyone to spend money on it though, it's completely their choice.

No but some people are gullible and we have to protect the vulnerable in society from predators.
  • Adexemma001
    333 posts Sunday League Hero

I agree with some of your comments, but if they’d rather make pack weight rubbish, then the price for packs should ultimately come down. Like £15 for 2200 Fifa points to let’s say £5. everybody wins. At least people won’t moan about rubbish return for £5.
  • CharlieC

I agree with some of your comments, but if they’d rather make pack weight rubbish, then the price for packs should ultimately come down. Like £15 for 2200 Fifa points to let’s say £5. everybody wins. At least people won’t moan about rubbish return for £5.
    They will :lol:
  • Adexemma001
    333 posts Sunday League Hero
    CharlieC wrote: »

They will :lol:

Never gonna happen I know lol. What business decides overnight to stop making more money. Think people need to learn how to trade and just play the game for fun without much explanations.
  • Gligor
    257 posts Sunday League Hero
    I play around 1400 games i play fut and i finish in golden places and my best pull is Hamsik :smiley:
  • mdizzl3
    12417 posts Has That Special Something
    edited March 2018
    CharlieC wrote: »

No but some people are gullible and we have to protect the vulnerable in society from predators.

And spoil it for the rest. Let people's love ones, carers etc look after the care piece and leave EA to provide us with entertainment
  • Kirkyy310192
    83 posts Park Captain
    edited March 2018
    I put nearly £200 into fifa at the start and traded my way up to 6m. I eventually raged, spent 3m on packs and gave 3m to a mate. I had a month off fifa and had 60k in my account. Returned and ive enjoyed fifa a lot more and traded my way back up to nearly 2m.
    Its a lot less stressful and enjoyable when you dont spend money on this game.
  • mdizzl3
    I put nearly £200 into fifa at the start and traded my way up to 6m. I eventually raged, spent 3m on packs and gave 3m to a mate. I had a month off fifa and had 60k in my account. Returned and ive enjoyed fifa a lot more and traded my way back up to nearly 2m.

Account ban incoming.
  • Kirkyy310192
    83 posts Park Captain
    mdizzl3 wrote: »

Account ban incoming.

Account ban incoming.

Thus account isnt linked to my actual fifa account, i arent that stupid this is linked to an old profile lol.
  • mdizzl3

Account ban incoming.

Account ban incoming.

Thus account isnt linked to my actual fifa account, i arent that stupid this is linked to an old profile lol.

Ok