Why are there no league or icons this week

Comments

• Peter
    26887 posts Player of the Year
    Hippyboy6 wrote: »
    no, i complain when i feel i have been wronged or unfairly treated in some way.

You are easily pleased :joy:

Typically people complain when they don't receive a product or service they expect.

Now with EA/FIFA, when people have had the same complaints for years is it really unexpected?
  • Hippyboy6
    17758 posts World Class
    @EA_Andy after doing some of the PTG SBCs and seeing how high the pack weight is and pulling Icardi, Sandro & Sterling I hereby withdraw my complaint :joy:
  • DarthGrowler
    16309 posts World Class
    Hippyboy6 wrote: »
    @EA_Andy after doing some of the PTG SBCs and seeing how high the pack weight is and pulling Icardi, Sandro & Sterling I hereby withdraw my complaint :joy:

After pulling Giroud more times than I care to admit I wish to lodge another complaint :D
  • Currieman
    5018 posts Big Money Move
    It’s a load of ❤️❤️❤️❤️. EA are a joke.

The icon release has been completely messed up and I agree with @WFCBagnall there should have been more leagues this year. Having to wait until March/April for the league SBC for the 2 most used leagues is ridiculous as well
  • Peter
    26887 posts Player of the Year
    Currieman wrote: »
    It’s a load of ****. EA are a joke.

The icon release has been completely messed up and I agree with @WFCBagnall there should have been more leagues this year. Having to wait until March/April for the league SBC for the 2 most used leagues is ridiculous as well

But is it a surprise?
  • futureyears
    2183 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited March 2018
    So if last years schedule is anything to go by, we expect the first TOTS to land in just over 6 weeks, yet we still haven't seen some of the league SBCs.

They really are vastly reducing the number of players who are going to have any interest in completing the league SBCs
  • DarthGrowler
    16309 posts World Class
    So if last years schedule is anything to go by, we expect the first TOTS to land in just over 6 weeks, yet we still haven't seen some of the league SBCs.

They really are vastly reducing the number of players who are going to have any interest in completing the league SBCs

Or the Icon on the cover of the fuuuuucking game
  • Mr_footballer1
    2464 posts Fans' Favourite
    They have one job and one job alone, maximise profits. They do not care about making an enjoyable, balanced, fun, rounded game. Profit is all that matters. Everything in this game is geared towards extracting the maximum from our wallets. Your moaning will achieve nothing
  • SebCFC123
    7342 posts Big Money Move
    They have one job and one job alone, maximise profits. They do not care about making an enjoyable, balanced, fun, rounded game. Profit is all that matters. Everything in this game is geared towards extracting the maximum from our wallets. Your moaning will achieve nothing
    Thanks for the encouragement
  • futureyears

I completely agree with your point about EAs job being to maximise profits, but what I can't understand is how they believe that this strategy is doing that?

To my mind the best way to maximise profit would be to release all of the league SBCs and Prime icons before TOTY, whilst player prices were still sky high and whilst players hadn't had six months of trading, SBs and WLs to build up their coin total

Can you imagine the prices of BPL players if there had been a 91 rated Kante released as the BPL league SBC back in november? Everyone would've wanted that card, player prices would have shot up, players would have been keener to rip open packs to shortcut their way to getting a card that would've been massively OP at the time.

What happens now if they release the BPL league SBC... player prices barely move, there is less incentive to open packs, because whoever the card is, there are likely already better options out there, and if not then there will be in 6 weeks time at TOTS, which puts a cap on the amount of players that will want that card

Same thing goes with Prime Icons, weekly release of 2 icons from October onwards would've made a lot more sense in terms of making money.

Get players to sink huge amounts of coins in to untradeable players that are going to be superseded by TOTY by the time it comes around, so players have to start ripping packs again to get those TOTY players that are better than 90% of their untradeable SBC players

Just doesn't make economic sense to me

TL:DR, I believe that by delaying league and Prime Icon SBCs, EA will make less money than they could have by releasing them earlier
  • Mr_footballer1
    edited March 2018
    They clearly believe that by holding back the very best icons it will extend the interest and shelf life of the game, hence no Gullit, Maldini, Pele or Ronaldo yet.

It's the same with the weak incremental in form upgrades, the watered down packs etc. Every single thing in this game is considered only in terms of profits, it's quite plain to see.
  • futureyears
    They clearly believe that by holding back the very best icons it will extend the interest and shelf life of the game, hence no Gullit, Maldini, Pele or Ronaldo yet.

It's the same with the weak incremental in form upgrades, the watered down packs etc. Every single thing in this game is considered only in terms of profits, it's quite plain to see.

I appreciate your point with Prime Icons, but please explain how that relates to league SBCs?
  • Mr_footballer1

I appreciate your point with Prime Icons, but please explain how that relates to league SBCs?

I see the logic in your thinking mate. But again the same with the League sbcs, EA think that by holding the best two leagues back (bbva, prem) then they will extend interest in the game.

What makes the game more fun and enjoyable for us is not necessarily what EA believe will generate maximum $$$