Check out the pitch notes for an update on upcoming content here.

The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on console & PC and includes the changes listed here.

Do icons play according to their stats?

Advait
14717 posts World Class
edited March 2018
Let's talk

Do icons play according to their stats? 54 votes

Yup. EA is consistent and they're exactly what the stats suggest they are
14%
Baznotsobad76 LorenzoVcFootyFootyFootballyogibearboekkieez1907Grizzliksnejke 8 votes
No they play under their IG ratings, gash underperforming
3%
WellWornBeastAqeel87 2 votes
They overperform and exceed expectations. Stats aren't a fair reflection of the quality
46%
ha032742limjitweFlorianr104hayhor1BeansAzizaGFrugo77 AdvaitPurplejacketCovLee_CandiceRetro_GLokoplovdivLobbers99Huxxpha007JamieT96gutman22Pxul_Tennster10RicoT 25 votes
Varies from card to card. Specify
35%
ImtntDjkhalid1921 Xguti002mHazardSJR440PengwinParth12008gregeth2000Hori25wade_7_BanterMarc11Shaqattack6285FatmancBlipper65ShehrajsnoikdonkZv1k0Lacerda111LeDaron 19 votes

Comments

• mHazard
    13787 posts Has That Special Something
    For some they do, and for some they don't.

For example, Ronaldinho is as good as you'd imagine him to be. Same goes to Maradona. Their movement and shooting reflect their stats.

Then we have Laudrup, who (for me) was absolutely horrible movement wise. I mean with 87 agility and 82 balance you'd think he would be atleast somewhat smooth but he was a quite clunky and not particularly good at anything.

I think the body modelling has a lot to do with how players perform in certain areas of the pitch, or how the user feels about the card. Gaming style aswell. Laudrup is pretty much useless to me.

Hagi was okay, not super good at anything but not that bad either.

Then we have Prime Ferdinand, who felt super good replacing Boateng, but then again, I have used Bailly alongside him for five games and he is just as good! :joy:

It is inconsistent mess, which frankly describes this whole game pretty well. :neutral:
  • Baznotsobad76
    5063 posts Big Money Move
    Yup. EA is consistent and they're exactly what the stats suggest they are
    Sorry, I can't even keep a straight face... :joy:
  • Xguti002
    2015 posts Fans' Favourite
    i think the higher tiered ones and prime versions do play very good. Not too sure about the baby versions.
  • snoikdonk
    1504 posts Play-Off Hero
    Like every level of card in the game, you can't rely on the stats as they seem to bear no relevance to performance on the pitch. This is quite something for a game supposedly based on stats....
  • icecream771
    766 posts Semi-Pro
    My prime R9 plays like a ghost.
    I tried everything but he's nowhere on the field.
  • snoikdonk
    1504 posts Play-Off Hero
    mHazard wrote: »
    For some they do, and for some they don't.

I think the body modelling has a lot to do with how players perform in certain areas of the pitch, or how the user feels about the card. Gaming style aswell. Laudrup is pretty much useless to me.

I wish someone could explain this current "body model" thing.

EA have a set of stats that should govern how a player physically performs on the pitch. These are simple numbers and should all be consistent from player to player. Thus 2 players with identical stats should perform... identically. But then the type of body is mystically thrown into the equation by some. Now, I may be naive but surely the players physique should be reflected in the all important stats and his movement controlled from there rather than by something fuzzy and undefined such as the way the geezer looks?

Example: You have 2 players who are identical except one is 175cm and the other is 210cm. It would seem natural that the smaller player is more nimble and agile than the taller one thus would have better agility and balance stats etc. How or why should body type matter?

There's also the fact that the eye candy in game should be purely that. EA can take basis of a player and make it look like a ❤️❤️❤️❤️ or a brick and it shouldn't affect anything in game, except the way the user sees that player. Or is this all too logical?

• mHazard
    13787 posts Has That Special Something
    If everything was black & white, we would have brilliant game.

Now, all we have is dramatic moments and day 1 cards outperforming latest informs.
  • CovLee_Candice
    4382 posts National Call-Up
    edited March 2018
    They overperform and exceed expectations. Stats aren't a fair reflection of the quality
    for example prime adp with 91 long shoot is the best long shooter on the game even if there is other guy that have 95 long shoot still not as good as ADP. could be because of the composure/traits thing but I feel even withsimilar stats with if/gold player they play above their stats.

I get a wrong vote, should be varies LoL. mvb 89 with 87 agility is clunky as hell when dribbling but he feel like he have 120 finishing stats, guy just don't miss in the box.

85 Blanc play wayy above his stats, he is just so good in midfield even tho not vieira good. prefer 85 blanc compared to prime frank rijkaard.
  • Shaqattack6285
    966 posts Professional
    Some icons like blanc just are way to good compared to what the stats state...

Other icons are really really trash...ala kluivert rjikard