Squad battles different every day

NellaSAFC92
248 posts Sunday League Hero
One day i win on pro with ease, Next day i draw twice against 4 star teams. Then won 3-2 against Maradonas team on semi pro but last week i beat okochas team 4-0 on world class... Please the squad battles is getting so boring

Comments

• Pieman25
    16237 posts World Class
    Unless the teams are identical I don't think it's fair to assume every game should be exactly the same to beat.
  • mdizzl3
    12407 posts Has That Special Something
    One day i win on pro with ease, Next day i draw twice against 4 star teams. Then won 3-2 against Maradonas team on semi pro but last week i beat okochas team 4-0 on world class... Please the squad battles is getting so boring

Different custom tactics and formations will be different to play against in addition to the actual players on their teams. Adapt to the team you are playing against.
  • Boysie91
    8383 posts League Winner
    Might as well play it on legendary it's not that much harder
  • alanrudy
    1557 posts Play-Off Hero
    mdizzl3 wrote: »

Different custom tactics and formations will be different to play against in addition to the actual players on their teams. Adapt to the team you are playing against.

This. When I first started I thought some of the things as op but then didn't notice that you can right stick to toggle/see the formation/strategy of squad going up against. Also I noticed sometimes teams had higher rating but some of their best players on bench and vice versa so the rating isn't always an accurate indicator as well. It would be cool if EA kept track for us on both Weekend League and Squad Battles what are record is against certain formations and maybe even tactics if possible so we can see/remember what we are good or struggle against more clearly.
  • pekkaa88
    6024 posts Big Money Move
    computers are consistent people are not..

once you understand this, you might figure out the problem..
  • Soly77
    574 posts An Exciting Prospect
    well said

pekkaa88 wrote: »

• BeastlyHusla
    2782 posts Fans' Favourite
    check how the AI has set up. When you're on the screen with the 4 games, press triangle.
  • NellaSAFC92
    248 posts Sunday League Hero
    Im not bothered if i win or lose and there is no problem.. I just done see how a 3 star team is harder to beat than a 5 star on pro and so on
  • Pieman25
    16237 posts World Class
    Im not bothered if i win or lose and there is no problem.. I just done see how a 3 star team is harder to beat than a 5 star on pro and so on

You've had several people giving you advice above so if you don't want to take that on board you'll have the same issues going forwards.
  • I was trying world class and legendary previously, only got elite 2. but after changing to legendary, I got elite 1.
  • Boysie91
    8383 posts League Winner
    SB is stupid today. I always win I haven't lost a game in months and play every day on legendary. I have lost 2/2 games today because of superhuman gk and Musa scoring two headers against my CB'S.
  • VagisilFC
    1417 posts Play-Off Hero
    Pieman25 wrote: »
    Unless the teams are identical I don't think it's fair to assume every game should be exactly the same to beat.

To be fair he never said he assumed that, you just pulled that out of thin air

"Computers are consistent"....... guess we are throwing out the whole concept of AI then.

@NellaSAFC92 the reason for inconsistency is the implementation of DDA plain and simple. Yes it is boring, yes it is turning old school gamers away in droves, no it won't be removed as it is the engine of EA's micro transaction business model.
  • Toonleew
    2180 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited March 2018
    Tip

1. Don’t play pro. Legendary every game
    2. Only play the games where chemistry is less than 100. The lower it is the easier you will win.
    3. If you play an 87 team on 100 chemistry and win then the luck of the Irish is with you.

Follow this and it’s elite 1-3 every week.

Can’t believe anyone plays pro
  • Toonleew
    Boysie91 wrote: »
    SB is stupid today. I always win I haven't lost a game in months and play every day on legendary. I have lost 2/2 games today because of superhuman gk and Musa scoring two headers against my CB'S.

I lost 2/3 on Sunday. Wasn’t gonna bother this week as away all weekend. Played 3 tonight and won all 3 legendary with my reserve team.

There are some strange things going on. But ALWAYS play legendary. No lower
  • Toonleew

DONT PLAY PRO
  • Alex_cr
    5072 posts Big Money Move
    VagisilFC wrote: »

"Computers are consistent"....... guess we are throwing out the whole concept of AI then.

@NellaSAFC92 the reason for inconsistency is the implementation of DDA plain and simple. Yes it is boring, yes it is turning old school gamers away in droves, no it won't be removed as it is the engine of EA's micro transaction business model.

AI is still limited. We haven’t yet developed a computer with a mind of its own thankfully!
  • VagisilFC
    1417 posts Play-Off Hero
    Alex_cr wrote: »

AI is still limited. We haven’t yet developed a computer with a mind of its own thankfully!

EA wouldn't want a gameplay they couldn't control and manipulate.

They have however developed code to react intelligently based off your controller actions, rather than reacting to what those actions have your player do on the screen. i.e how the AI keeper saves over 50% of in game pens.

You could argue that this is consistent, but you'd then have to explain why the AI keeper saves less than 30% of shootout pens.

Custom Tactics, formations, instructions, individual attributes can all be used to try and cover it up. However none of these explain why your own players go from energetic accurate and dynamic in one half, then become complete pigeon toilets in the second half.

• VagisilFC
    1417 posts Play-Off Hero
    Toonleew wrote: »
    Tip

2. Only play the games where chemistry is less than 100. The lower it is the easier you will win.
    3. If you play an 87 team on 100 chemistry and win then the luck of the Irish is with you.

That still requires you to play over 20 games.... and there aren't strong enough nausea meds in the world for that yet.
  • Byrnzie28
    1794 posts Fans' Favourite
    Tip

Thats not been my experience of Squad Battles at all.
    I’ve beaten 87 rated teams with 100 chem easily, and then lost to a 65 rated team of bronze players with about 40-50 chem.

The other day I lost two games at pro level, which I rarely do (I usually beat the TOTW about 10-0, or 14-0 these days), while winning the remaining two games on Legendary.
  • Byrnzie28
    1794 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited March 2018
    Custom Tactics, formations, instructions, individual attributes can all be used to try and cover it up. However none of these explain why your own players go from energetic accurate and dynamic in one half, then become complete pigeon toilets in the second half.

Exactly. It’s not about how well, or how badly, the A.I team plays, it comes down to how the CPU decides your team will perform.
    Yesterday I played a game of Squad Battles where my team of nine legends performed like a bunch of 80 year old women with arthritis.
  • CFCHenri
    3406 posts National Call-Up
    Byrnzie28 wrote: »
    Tip

Thats not been my experience of Squad Battles at all.
    I’ve beaten 87 rated teams with 100 chem easily, and then lost to a 65 rated team of bronze players with about 40-50 chem.

The other day I lost two games at pro level, which I rarely do (I usually beat the TOTW about 10-0, or 14-0 these days), while winning the remaining two games on Legendary.

Same, except I don't lose to these 65 rated **** low chem teams anymore but they're the most frustrating matches ever to play...I get an injury or 2 every SB match. Bronzes acting better than golds, and squads with special cards. That's how I know it's in the game, game completely manipulating my players against lower rated, low chem teams.

To everyone, don't play PRO. It's ridiculously fast paced, you don't enough chances and it's actually harder to win imo. For instance, I've never conceded a direct free-kick in Legendary, never have but I played 2 matches one time on Professional and conceded 2 perfectly placed free-kicks.