IF Tello/PTG Asensio in a 4321?

Masscherano
602 posts An Exciting Prospect
Trying to pick between the two to see who is better? Really can't decide who I want more in that position, anyone got any ideas?

Is Asensio quick enough for that role?

Comments

• iBarçaBoy
    1567 posts Play-Off Hero
    Have IF Tello and is really good. Scores a lot as LF
  • Masscherano
    Currently got IF Tello in a fitness squad and Asensio as LCM and I like Tello.

I'd probably shuffle IF Isco or PTG Viera (to replace Asensio) into my fitness squad and replace with TIF David Silva in my first team... just not sure PTG Asensio can cut it as a LF, tried IF Joaquin earlier in year with similar pace and he couldn't stretch the opponent, and I'm not sure Asensio could in that role. He's been great at LCM for me too.
  • yerwaltz
    4078 posts National Call-Up
    edited March 2018
    SIF Guedes is better than both.

I have all 3 cards, and would go with Guedes in a heartbeat

personally find the best LM/LW for la liga in this order -
    Sif Guedes > Countinho> 86 Asensio > Scream/nifCarrasco > deulofeu > IF tello.

Guedes is lightening quick on the ball, scores the best long shots ( finesse or powered) and has decent strength and aggression. I like having wingers that are also very good CAMS like guedes, Asensio, Countinho, alessandrini. When they have that pace its a huge plus though. Even in this formation, but this is just me personally. As long as they are above 80 pace, I can usually work with that.

Tello is nice and all, very quick and decent dribbling, but he doesn't perform in the other areas nearly as well.

• Masscherano
    yerwaltz wrote: »

Guedes is lightening quick on the ball, scores the best long shots ( finesse or powered) and has decent strength and aggression. I like having wingers that are also very good CAMS like guedes, Asensio, Countinho, alessandrini. When they have that pace its a huge plus though. Even in this formation, but this is just me personally. As long as they are above 80 pace, I can usually work with that.

Tello is nice and all, very quick and decent dribbling, but he doesn't perform in the other areas nearly as well.

I could possibly make it work with Guedes, but all year I have had a full Spanish 23 man squad all year (and just La Liga, I've now decided to start extending to all leagues but just Spanish... I've not followed the meta) Asensio just has 80 pace so was slightly concerned if he was going to be quick enough to stretch other teams as a LF. (even with Hunter card)

Also OTW Diego Costa and PTG Rodrigo had a hard time deciding between for up front. (3rd choice ST options)
  • yerwaltz
    4078 posts National Call-Up

I could possibly make it work with Guedes, but all year I have had a full Spanish 23 man squad all year (and just La Liga, I've now decided to start extending to all leagues but just Spanish... I've not followed the meta) Asensio just has 80 pace so was slightly concerned if he was going to be quick enough to stretch other teams as a LF. (even with Hunter card)

Also OTW Diego Costa and PTG Rodrigo had a hard time deciding between for up front. (3rd choice ST options)

ah I see. I like Asensio a lot, he can score with the best of them. I think it will come down to how you play. I try not to rely on pace abuse only lol ya know what I mean? Asensio isn't going to beat the back line nearly as much as he would cut in and create havoc that way, with his dribbling and passing.
  • Realist
    3016 posts National Call-Up
    Go for scream deulofeu. He’s ace.
  • Masscherano
    Realist wrote: »
    Go for scream deulofeu. He’s ace.

Scream Deulofeu is currently my #1, this is my for my #2 squad. :)

ah I see. I like Asensio a lot, he can score with the best of them. I think it will come down to how you play. I try not to rely on pace abuse only lol ya know what I mean? Asensio isn't going to beat the back line nearly as much as he would cut in and create havoc that way, with his dribbling and passing.

I'm not the best of players, I've played mostly Squad Battles this year... I qualified for WL for the first time last week, but was out all weekend! I'm in D5 online and won first 2 games. (first time in D5)

I like Tello currently as I cut in quite a lot with LF and RF (other side is MotM Sarabia or IF Castillejo) so all my other LF/RF's strong foot is on cutting inside... Asensio has 3* WF which is okay and a skill move upgrade which is nice as I do try some skill moves in game especially scoop turns if possible!

I think Asensio could be good but I struggled with IF Joaquin earlier in the year on other side who I currently see as a lesser version of Asensio and other wing?

I'm torn haha on this one anyway, consensus I've heard from friends is Asensio would be better too so far I think.