Buying my first icon.. or not?

Salama
1305 posts Professional
I've got some decent mid level players in my PL team, such as SIF Arnautovic, KDB, IF Alessandrini, IF Kolasinac, IF Otamendi, SBC Promes, and everyone's favorite sub Lozano :) I'm not such a great player yet, now in Div 4-5 and don't even try to qualify for WL cause I don't have the time in the weekends.

I've been saving some coins, ~150k atm, and I want to buy a new striker or CAM when I have enough $$$ – probably a striker though. My favorite starting 11 striker is Up Jesus 83, so I guess there's room for improvement. Popular icon options seem to be Prime Larsson, Shevchenko, Hernandez or Crespo.

Then again SIF Firmino & Son cards are getting great reviews at futbin. Are they really better strikers than the cheap icons?

I guess a tradable player would be a safe choice. It would also be great if the striker could be linked to IF Alessandrini at RW, but it's not a dealbreaker.

Any suggestions? (Not SIF Wilson please, he was fun for a while & a good investment, but not great at finishing.)

Comments

• P1tch_1nvaderz88
    15252 posts World Class
    If and when you can afford him, prime Larsson is the GOAT
  • emylonas
    829 posts Semi-Pro
    To me, the most important player in my team is the CAM. He controls the midfield and the attack. Must have excellent dribbling, passing and shooting. And 90 Del Piero is a monster. I recommend him.
  • Salama
    1305 posts Professional
    emylonas wrote: »
    To me, the most important player in my team is the CAM. He controls the midfield and the attack. Must have excellent dribbling, passing and shooting. And 90 Del Piero is a monster. I recommend him.

Looks great, but at 800k a bit on the expensive side for me right now :) At current speed it would take me 2 months to save up for him, maybe a month if I sold both KDB and IF Arnie...
  • Salama
    1305 posts Professional

I actually started doing the SBC a while ago... I only have 84, 85 and 86 rated teams remaining.

Guess I'll finish the sbc when I have enough cash. Larsson seems to be what I'm looking for, fast and great finishing, great hairstyle.

• Hryszko
    471 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Salama wrote: »

I actually started doing the SBC a while ago... I only have 84, 85 and 86 rated teams remaining.

Guess I'll finish the sbc when I have enough cash. Larsson seems to be what I'm looking for, fast and great finishing, great hairstyle.

Can second that, Larsson is incredible.
  • passpassshootpost
    1360 posts Professional
    Marco Van Beast (89). Unbelievable quality for the coinage 400k
  • NellaSAFC92
    452 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Prime larsson or prime ferdinand. Infact if you want to dominate the midfield petit is your man