EA Targeting non spenders in MUT now

xFATAL
4047 posts National Call-Up
edited March 2018
Wonder if this will make it's may to FUT? Skip to about the 11 min mark

Comments

• Jason1986
    6924 posts Big Money Move
    Could you sum it up for us please? I CBA with watching YouTube videos.
  • mHazard
    13787 posts Has That Special Something
    Not surpised
  • Djkhalid1921
    9279 posts League Winner
    Jason1986 wrote: »

this
  • HishamAyman
    2851 posts National Call-Up
    They did a pack that guarantees a 89+ rated player and only people who did not spend money on the game can open these packs
  • Tripledoubleyoo
    265 posts Sunday League Hero
    Never spending a dime again on Fifa.
  • mHazard
    13787 posts Has That Special Something
    Basically the MUT has a special pack offer for people who have not spent penny on the game. The guy tests it out with fresh account and there that offer is.
  • xFATAL

It's all explained the last 2-3 min but basically they are sending special pack promos to only people that didn't buy any points.
  • Djkhalid1921
    9279 posts League Winner
    just saw it, thats pretty scum of ea. his drug comparison is spot on
  • Jason1986
    Wow there's no shame. So I guess this pack can only be opening by spending money then?
  • Baznotsobad76
    5063 posts Big Money Move
    Wow there's no shame. So I guess this pack can only be opening by spending money then?

No its more a case of the first hit is free, to try get you hooked, but then you have to pay for it after that...
  • DieWölfe14
    1814 posts Play-Off Hero
    Not trying to be argumentive but I don't see the issue with this.

Look I see EA being greedy again for money but as annoying as they are they are a business to make money.

Another point could be these guys who don't spend money on fifa points like me , are so far behind people with stacked teams this could help close the gap a bit. I would more than be tempted to buy FIFA points for a pack like this to be honest.
  • Jason1986

No its more a case of the first hit is free, to try get you hooked, but then you have to pay for it after that...
    A bit like a drug dealer letting you have the first hit o heroin for free because he knows how addictive it is that you'll end up going back for more anyway?
  • DieWölfe14
    1814 posts Play-Off Hero
    Another point though it's interesting that they can target none paying accounts . Ive always had shocking and I mean shocking pack luck so many times elite 1 and quite a few times top100 WL last year and I've never pulled anything of value . Not pulled anything either this year but couldn't even manage elite to be fair until this weekend league (with maradona loan).

Shows how rigged it can be
  • snoikdonk
    1504 posts Play-Off Hero

A bit like a drug dealer letting you have the first hit o heroin for free because he knows how addictive it is that you'll end up going back for more anyway?

Alas, EA have had the last penny they'll ever get from me. I'll be glad to get rid of them.
  • Purplejacket
    2395 posts Fans' Favourite
    The guy is an idiot. Those packs are available for eveyrone in the beginning of mut. Its fake news ppl
  • xFATAL

Look I see EA being greedy again for money but as annoying as they are they are a business to make money.

Another point could be these guys who don't spend money on fifa points like me , are so far behind people with stacked teams this could help close the gap a bit. I would more than be tempted to buy FIFA points for a pack like this to be honest.

My problem with it is it shows how easily they can manipulate accounts. If they have the data and ability to target non spenders than who's to say they don't determine what's in packs for each account based on how much your spending?
  • Baznotsobad76

Exactly!... Or like an online bookmakers giving you a free bet or free bonus in the hope you will keep putting more of your money in..
  • Fab
    17539 posts World Class
    The guy is an idiot. Those packs are available for eveyrone in the beginning of mut. Its fake news ppl

sad
  • DieWölfe14
    1814 posts Play-Off Hero
    xFATAL wrote: »

My problem with it is it shows how easily they can manipulate accounts. If they have the data and ability to target non spenders than who's to say they don't determine what's in packs for each account based on how much your spending?

Yeah your right like I said in my post after it makes me wary of them.

Especially how they alter cardweights all the time like on lunar new year .
  • n2j2000
    2163 posts Fans' Favourite
    I'd be very surprised if FUT ever release a guaranteed 89+ player pack that isn't a loan.
  • wade_7_
    4581 posts National Call-Up

I said something similar a while back. I got laughed at.
    Now I'm not saying it happens, but it's a genuine possibility. Card weights or pack 'luck' can be altered for individual accounts
  • xFATAL
    edited March 2018

You're wrong, Try again. They do have packs for everyone's initial accounts but not those if you've bought points.
  • Gazza74
    1114 posts Professional
    edited March 2018
    wade_7_ wrote: »

I said something similar a while back. I got laughed at.
    Now I'm not saying it happens, but it's a genuine possibility. Card weights or pack 'luck' can be altered for individual accounts

Hence why a lot (not all) but a good percentage of people i know who have new accounts this year have packed a top player of good value compared to others who were FUT founders.....

• Mmandras
    1814 posts Play-Off Hero
    If I owned a fleet of supercars and a yacht I still wouldn't buy fifa points.
  • HishamAyman
    2851 posts National Call-Up
    Mmandras wrote: »
    If I owned a fleet of supercars and a yacht I still wouldn't buy fifa points.

• leon1309
    4190 posts National Call-Up
    Dont think you are getting the real problem here: they have implemented a program to monitor spending on individual accounts....and you dont see any issues here?

It goes hand in hand with their patent and all the bs and pack "luck" in the game (FIFA) itself...
  • Hitman_Hatton
    14382 posts Has That Special Something
    leon1309 wrote: »
    Dont think you are getting the real problem here: they have implemented a program to monitor spending on individual accounts....and you dont see any issues here?

It goes hand in hand with their patent and all the bs and pack "luck" in the game (FIFA) itself...

It's all very sinister, isn't it.

Not sure I can buy into where this game/company is headed.
  • Baznotsobad76
    leon1309 wrote: »

It's all very sinister, isn't it.

Not sure I can buy into where this game/company is headed.

Precisely.... EA seem to spend a lot more time, effort and money on trying to deceive and manipulate its customers into spending more money on the game than they do trying to make the game a pleasant experience....

In fact some of the ways they deceive and manipulate us is exactly the reason why the game can be an unpleasant experience!
  • hayhor1
    14219 posts Has That Special Something
    It's a tactic most smart businesses and industries use.
  • Baznotsobad76
    hayhor1 wrote: »
    It's a tactic most smart businesses and industries use.

Making their product worse to try get its customers to spend more?... I see...