De Gea - Best Value for Money?

ScruffyDogBurger
3304 posts National Call-Up
Other than his normal and upgrade, which of his special cards would be the best value for money?

Thinking of getting his SIF.

Comments

• murazor
    7860 posts League Winner
    Fahrmann
  • coatsy
    32197 posts National Team Captain
    Just get the NIF. None of them are worth it.
  • ScruffyDogBurger
    murazor wrote: »
    Fahrmann

Other than comments like this :D
  • TwoZebras
    5320 posts Big Money Move
    Better off with his nif tbh
  • ROABS
    837 posts Semi-Pro
    tried his sif didnt notice any difference after 50 games went back to the nif. save your coins.
  • SergiuLive
    3170 posts National Call-Up
    Tried the 90, IF, SIF before upgrades and the TOTY

Now I use the TOTY he seems the best in my opinion. But they all seem similar. The only difference I see is that the TOTY is faster at collecting balls inside the box. And I got used to him kind of know what he saves and what not so I try to not let the opponent get into those positions.

• ScruffyDogBurger
    Well the 91 NIF rather than the 90?
  • LuckyStrikE
    3315 posts National Call-Up
    VDS is better
  • LeonidasJB
    15028 posts World Class
    coatsy2008 wrote: »
    Just get the NIF. None of them are worth it.

This. I just sold my eMOTM.

His NIF was definitely better.
  • Finesse_4days
    6864 posts Big Money Move
    fahrman and begabitch are just as good as toty de gea Ea cant design Gks properly
  • Radraptor
    1251 posts Professional
    I have used his NIF and First IF. His first IF seemed way better than his NIF. Maybe it was just happen stance but his first inform was impenetrable
  • WFCBagnall
    69544 posts Moderator
  • ScruffyDogBurger
    I always thought his SIF in draft was better than his NIF...goalies don't make sense though do they
  • P
    7504 posts League Winner
    edited March 2018
    Theres so many factors for each save/not save. I believe the IF's are better but not enough to justify the price difference. I'm using SIF Ruffier for this WL and there's no way he's worse than the nif.
  • VanBasten12
    6784 posts Big Money Move
    Get whomever you're comfortable with - price, look of the card (yes - some people may just want a full black-card team), etc. IMO you won't go wrong with any of his special cards.

Don't come here looking for critical observations on GK's. There will never be consensus on this issue and I'll bet that loads of these people commenting here have never even used TOTY DDG - yet easily state he's not value for money.

Personally, I pulled him and being a Utd fan that's why I kept him. Does it frustrate me that at times he concedes a number of goals - straight through his legs ... of course! That could happen to any keeper so why should I explicitly blame him for that.
  • uhMaZiiNq
    11278 posts Has That Special Something
    Goalkeepers are never worth spending a ton on unless you're happy with everything else. If you play bad defense the gk can only do so much. Nif will always get the job done
  • LuckyStrikE
    3315 posts National Call-Up
    Get whomever you're comfortable with - price, look of the card (yes - some people may just want a full black-card team), etc. IMO you won't go wrong with any of his special cards.

Don't come here looking for critical observations on GK's. There will never be consensus on this issue and I'll bet that loads of these people commenting here have never even used TOTY DDG - yet easily state he's not value for money.

Personally, I pulled him and being a Utd fan that's why I kept him. Does it frustrate me that at times he concedes a number of goals - straight through his legs ... of course! That could happen to any keeper so why should I explicitly blame him for that.

U don't have to use the toty to judge him. I have played against him numerous times and I find barely a difference. U can increase a gk stats all you want but the limit is his frame. Same across the goal shots will go in.
  • Legegg
    1010 posts Professional
    All keepers are a coin toss. Just sold TOTGS Ter Stegen because he didn't do much more than my untradeable OTW Ederson. I've had De Gea a few times and whilst good, stupid goals still go in and no keeper has affected my WL finishing. Always pretty much the same. Fahrmann is the best value for money keeper in the game.
  • VanBasten12
    6784 posts Big Money Move

U don't have to use the toty to judge him. I have played against him numerous times and I find barely a difference. U can increase a gk stats all you want but the limit is his frame. Same across the goal shots will go in.

Yeah ... no.

There's no way you can personally judge the performance of a keeper - game-in-game-out - by only playing against him numerous times. You notice when he makes incredible saves and how many times he lets the ball roll daftly through his legs.

Like it has been said, it is all personal. There will never be consensus on what keepers are great, etc.

The OP has to make his own decision based on budget, card look, etc. Purely asking this forum if keeper A is > keeper B ... you're always going to get different responses.
  • number7rocky
    4191 posts National Call-Up
    Another 87th min winner this time Toty Kane to clinch elite with 4 to play still :blush: I swear last 10 games everyone switches to 4231
  • D3ATHSQUAD
    2984 posts National Call-Up
    94 Yashin > DDG
  • number7rocky
    4191 posts National Call-Up
    Just got done dirty by the game. Was holding on for a 1-0 win but he equalized in 80th. 114 th min pass deflects of my defender to his son to score. I didnt deserve the win but to lose like that is frustrating, if I lose can it be to nice goals for once? Need to win last 2 for Elite 2
  • AlexSolm
    8186 posts League Winner
    Been using different versions of him all year; I've had the most luck with the eMOTM so far, not a single mistake in this WL and some great saves. I think his handling is better than the nif, rebounds tend to go to corners or thrown ins rather than back into the area
  • HecticHabib_7
    86 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Begovic