Speed Up Lag

Mattheos
1352 posts Professional
After months of not having an issue with Speed up lag, post patch for me it's back and it's every single game.
It happens at the worst possible times as well, when I am trying to defend & there in my half. It's a guaranteed goal.

**** sake you are suppose to make the game better with each patch, not worse you idiots.

Comments

• fauxylar
    1983 posts Fans' Favourite
    pretty sure speed up lag is on your part
  • Mattheos
    1352 posts Professional
    Yeah no. My internet hasn't radically changed speeds & as I said it has been fine bar the past 2 days.
  • fauxylar
    pretty sure it is, ive experienced it too and i know its my internet. guess we'll see if someone else has an opinion
  • Mattheos
    1352 posts Professional
    No worries man, I just find it strange that I haven't had a single issue with this kind of lag since November then all of a sudden I get it every single game over 2 days.
  • I’m having the same issue and my internet is the same as it has been for a month. Only experienced it over this weekend
  • Mattheos
    1352 posts Professional
    I’m having the same issue and my internet is the same as it has been for a month. Only experienced it over this weekend

I'm convinced it's the mid week patch that is causing this.
  • Claretnblue
    265 posts Sunday League Hero
    I get a burst or this every game. Most hilariously when taking a penalty. If it is my Internet it seems bizzare that it happens the once per game but seems OK the rest of the time. Also noticed it only in WL not seasons.
  • Mattheos
    1352 posts Professional
    I get a burst or this every game. Most hilariously when taking a penalty. If it is my Internet it seems bizzare that it happens the once per game but seems OK the rest of the time. Also noticed it only in WL not seasons.

Yeah same here, not seasons just WL.
  • Momus
    1830 posts Play-Off Hero
    Lost 3 games because of this :/
  • Adifunky
    748 posts Semi-Pro
    Hey started experiencing this wl. My internet is top notch as well, I never have any issues...
  • R4z0RB4cK
    171 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Speed up lag has nothing to do with anyone's connection, it is the low tickrate servers that EA use,

“A good example of this happening in FIFA is speed up lag. While the game is lagging on one end, it is running fine on the other end.

“The frames that were missed during the lag are then pumped through to the user at an accelerated rate to catch them back up with the current game state.

“This ‘fudging’ of the game state is also what causes some of the funny (and infuriating) glitches that we see on this sub like the post the other day where the ball went through the defender’s torso.

https://www.dreamteamfc.com/c/archives/gaming/186063/hundreds-of-fans-think-this-problem-could-destroy-fifa-18-ultimate-team/
  • byronw1983
    1610 posts Play-Off Hero
    Cost me 2 wins in WL. Then head to seasons TO see if there was a problem there and it’s the other way round. Constant freezing. Driving me crazy, no consistency in the game play.
  • Mattheos
    1352 posts Professional
    I just had a glitch happen where the I couldn't control my players, couldn't shoot/pass, move them or anything. My controller was fine, fully charged with the light on and it forfeited me from the game due to inactivity as soon as that happen it allowed me to exit by pressing A. I was winning in the 75th minute and controlling the game until this **** happened.

Seriously EA fix this monstrosity of a game, by fix I mean don't **** it up even worse.

The gameplay **** sucks balls.
  • Aqeel87
    2567 posts Fans' Favourite
    I am having same **** since last 2 patches as well. Very rarely had before that.
  • LeaveMyArselona
    107 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    With wireless connection I had this lag...after I changed it to wired connection it was fixed..
  • CharlieC
    6687 posts Big Money Move
    Would be better if they paused the game for both players like it does in seasons.
  • fauxylar
    CharlieC wrote: »
    Would be better if they paused the game for both players like it does in seasons.

until ppl abuse it with intentional lags
  • So this is still a thing! Ea attributes it to packet loss. Not sure if it happens on all consoles but I’m on Xbox. I refreshed my mac server and hopefully it fixes it.
  • Marg09
    190 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited May 2018
    So this is still a thing! Ea attributes it to packet loss. Not sure if it happens on all consoles but I’m on Xbox. I refreshed my mac server and hopefully it fixes it.

Actually it's funny..When you have this problem and you go to support they ask you to make an UO Trace and send them so they can see what's wrong. One time I edited my UO Trace so it was showing everything perfectly, no packet loss, good ping, etc...And still they told me it was because of my IP.