How to have fun again?

Pauldejong6
7643 posts League Winner
I've been grinding in WL last month to get to gold 2 (im not 40 games/weekend guy). I got my rewards, I like that, but now what? I've been playing WL again this weekend, im 7-0 wins-losses, but every game is just one big frustration. There is no fun for me in playing the same style (braindead sprint-throughball through the middle, and Ai defense) over and over again vs overpowered teams.

I decided to stop playing WL for now, and just made a fun Colombian team, with silvers, bronzes and my red reward players Muriel and Arias. Also I made a fun German team, with a 76 red, Younes, futmas gnabry, and all silvers all over the place.
I played Squad Battles, legendary, and I actually enjoyed playing! It was fun, no sweatfeast, not too easy, I had to try my best to win the games.

SB will probably become boring, but I'm looking for something to make it fun again. A road to XX goals with someone, or themes-teams? I dunno, maybe you guys have a good idea?

The game is dead online for me, I have Icons etc, I cant bother about rewards anymore, I'm just looking to have fun playing.

Comments

• RadioShaq
    18131 posts Moderator
    Play in forum tournaments.
  • Fab
    19685 posts Club Captain
    Take a break
  • Shutup
    3760 posts National Call-Up
    Go outside
  • Reus
    23530 posts Club Captain
    Play a different game
  • D3ATHSQUAD
    2984 posts National Call-Up
    Play Fortnite.

In all seriousness though you are already doing the right thing... make some fun teams, play with players you might not otherwise use, try some different game modes, do The Journey if you haven't.... etc...
  • Cadey 5
    13636 posts Has That Special Something
    Wait for a player you like irl or a in form that interests you and build a team around them when the time comes.
  • Pauldejong6
    7643 posts League Winner
    edited March 2018
    D3ATHSQUAD wrote: »
    Play Fortnite.

In all seriousness though you are already doing the right thing... make some fun teams, play with players you might not otherwise use, try some different game modes, do The Journey if you haven't.... etc...

Yeah another game is a possibility too. But I'm only playing FIFA for years. I am actually tempted to try PES...
    But FIFA is my game, I love FUT as a mode, it's brilliant, it's just too bad there are so many flaws.

Btw, I am a first owner only player since the beginning, to make it more interesting as I learned from boredom of other fifa's haha.

I am doing bronze pack method at the moment. I'm making money from doing it, and I'm upgrading useless bronzes into silvers (bronze upgrades). Lots of fun silvers are in my club, I guess I just continue to try out players/teams.

I also like the idea of forum tournament. Maybe I will set up one myself, with restrictions like only silvers, or only trash league players. Something like that. Fun idea!

I also have a red Will Grigg sitting around, he's looking for a fun team to use, and maybe some road to 100 goals i dunno.
  • Cantona84
    7844 posts League Winner
    edited March 2018
    Cadey 5 wrote: »
    Wait for a player you like irl or a in form that interests you and build a team around them when the time comes.

This.

I have actually enjoyed the last days of FIFA. Playing 4411 with Dinho as CF. Top formation and fun formation. I am trying out plenty of cheap informs, and just having a good time.

I normally play SB, for the first time I think offline games are ok. The format is a superb addition for me. Can pause, and no stress. I also play the dko, and divisions. The latter is not that enjoyable as 1. div is a grind. Anyway.. build a team that gives you joy, and drop the meta ❤️❤️❤️❤️.

And full cred to the guys playing WL every week. I want to puke after 3 games, that grind is not for me.
  • o0OainavO0o
    2612 posts Fans' Favourite
    Shutup wrote: »
    Go outside

• Pauldejong6
    7643 posts League Winner
    Cantona84 wrote: »

This.

I have actually enjoyed the last days of FIFA. Playing 4411 with Dinho as CF. Top formation and fun formation. I am trying out plenty of cheap informs, and just having a good time.

I normally play SB, for the first time I think offline games are ok. The format is a superb addition for me. Can pause, and no stress. I also play the dko, and divisions. The latter is not that enjoyable as 1. div is a grind. Anyway.. build a team that gives you joy, and drop the meta ****,

Exactly! I don't have a meta team, my current team is strong but personal taste (vd Sar, red Arias, SIF de Ligt, futmas VvD, red Zeegelaar - Rijkaard, Bergkamp, futmas Wijnaldum - Promes, MVC, Overmars). But I don't like playing online, not in WL and I'm also in online D1 so wont try out my silvers there haha.

I'm gonna continue SB for a bit with fun teams until I get better ideas. Thanks for input! And im sure Ronaldinho is a dream to play with!
  • Cantona84
    7844 posts League Winner
    Cantona84 wrote: »

This.

I normally play SB, for the first time I think offline games are ok. The format is a superb addition for me. Can pause, and no stress. I also play the dko, and divisions. The latter is not that enjoyable as 1. div is a grind. Anyway.. build a team that gives you joy, and drop the meta ****,

Exactly! I don't have a meta team, my current team is strong but personal taste (vd Sar, red Arias, SIF de Ligt, futmas VvD, red Zeegelaar - Rijkaard, Bergkamp, futmas Wijnaldum - Promes, MVC, Overmars). But I don't like playing online, not in WL and I'm also in online D1 so wont try out my silvers there haha.

I'm gonna continue SB for a bit with fun teams until I get better ideas. Thanks for input! And im sure Ronaldinho is a dream to play with!

Haha! I have most of your players in my team now. SIF De Ligt, SIF Arias and IF Zeegelar is all class players.
  • Xtrem3 Poptarts
    9590 posts League Winner
    Buy Messi and play him as CAM
  • TheMenezLover
    1793 posts Play-Off Hero
    You might not want to hear this but just go outside and live it.
  • Fifafuthed
    805 posts Semi-Pro
    Play online seasons. Relegate to Div 10, see how far you can go undefeated.
  • Any tym7
    1396 posts Professional
    Wl makes this game so yuk i need to stop playing it too

used to enjoy fifa so much more when i didnt play wl
  • AnDrEwThEdOn
    17270 posts World Class
    Reus wrote: »
    Play a different game

• Danic123
    3786 posts National Call-Up
    Win games. It’s not fun if you’re not winning imo.

Just do everything you can to win. Be full on sweat, pace all over the pitch and exploit all those weaknesses in the game.
  • No_NaMe
    9253 posts League Winner
    I find playing weekend league sporadically quite enjoyable tbh. 15-20 games per weekend is easy to do and I usually win most of my games up until that point
  • Pauldejong6
    7643 posts League Winner
    Danic123 wrote: »
    Win games. It’s not fun if you’re not winning imo.

Just do everything you can to win. Be full on sweat, pace all over the pitch and exploit all those weaknesses in the game.

im winning most of my games without all the exploits. I like to play this game because i like to play football lol.
  • JBC03FC
    3337 posts National Call-Up
    Play other games. Works for me
  • EddieFicio
    22914 posts Club Captain
    Play a different game

• Futgol
    342 posts Sunday League Hero
    SBC Roni
  • Bowden92
    6072 posts Big Money Move
    EddieFicio wrote: »
    Play a different game

• VanBasten12
    6784 posts Big Money Move
    Love it how people keep saying to go outside ... SMH

The other game is obviously an option - kid and I spent way too many hours on Civ VI this weekend! Rise and Fall DLC was a nice addition too.

But, you're on the FIFA forum so I guess you're actually asking about this game and not wanting life lessons.

For me the one big change would be formation. Whenever I'm not having too much fun, I build 3 atb teams. This FIFA it just so happened that was back in late Nov/early Dec - still using them :smiley:

Try hybrid it up - minimum 3 leagues for instance - using an Icon or 2 (not much more than that) to help with the hybrid. Also, I try ensure that it's still 100 chem team, which means 3 x 7-chem players max. So, RB/LB's at RM/LM (Alex Sandro, Florenzi) or CDM at CB (Furmas Fabinho) makes it more interesting.
  • KingLionel10
    15819 posts World Class
    Load up Fifa 15 use SIF Chikhaoui
  • uhMaZiiNq
    12116 posts Has That Special Something
    The game isn't fun so really nothing you can do
  • LeonidasJB
    21329 posts Club Captain
    Dinho. Any version.
  • Pauldejong6
    7643 posts League Winner
    Love it how people keep saying to go outside ... SMH

The other game is obviously an option - kid and I spent way too many hours on Civ VI this weekend! Rise and Fall DLC was a nice addition too.

But, you're on the FIFA forum so I guess you're actually asking about this game and not wanting life lessons.

For me the one big change would be formation. Whenever I'm not having too much fun, I build 3 atb teams. This FIFA it just so happened that was back in late Nov/early Dec - still using them :smiley:

Try hybrid it up - minimum 3 leagues for instance - using an Icon or 2 (not much more than that) to help with the hybrid. Also, I try ensure that it's still 100 chem team, which means 3 x 7-chem players max. So, RB/LB's at RM/LM (Alex Sandro, Florenzi) or CDM at CB (Furmas Fabinho) makes it more interesting.

Yeah that could be nice, 3 atb is something I have yet to try out this fifa!

And yes, I do go outside, I have a life. I don't play other games then fifa because Im not a 24/7 gamer at all.

And I think im gonna save for one big one. Dinho should be great yes. Ronaldo I havent used yet (any of the two). Could be fun to work towards something yes.
  • FatZed
    972 posts Professional
    Dinho!
  • Chappy
    4734 posts National Call-Up
    Quit! That’s what I’ve decided to do.