Milinkovic-Savic Questions

byronw1983
1610 posts Play-Off Hero
Hey guys,

I’ve had his 86 and 87 cards bully the life out of me this WL, and had a couple of questions regarding him.

1) I’ve had Kante for 800 games, he’s been solid, but his height is killing me. How does Kante 87 compare to the Savic 86 card? Is it an upgrade?

2) is he worth the 260k? Will he drop after WL? His price has dropped a little after the hype.

3) What chem are people using on him? Shadow? He’d be next to Petit and in front of Sandro and prime Ferdinand.

Any feedback appreciated. Cheers!

Comments

• Gorda
    3643 posts National Call-Up
    I got sif Savic in monthly and started use him right away. His height and jumping means he wins all headers, his strong, great at interceptions and his longshots are lethal. Double 44 aswell. Best non icon cm in the Game. His only drawback is Lowish agility and balance, i use engine to help fix that. I use petit aswell and i would say they are pretty Similiar with their midfield presence.
  • byronw1983
    1610 posts Play-Off Hero
    Gorda wrote: »
    I got sif Savic in monthly and started use him right away. His height and jumping means he wins all headers, his strong, great at interceptions and his longshots are lethal. Double 44 aswell. Best non icon cm in the Game. His only drawback is Lowish agility and balance, i use engine to help fix that. I use petit aswell and i would say they are pretty Similiar with their midfield presence.

Nice one Gorda. I did wonder about his balance. Surely you have to have good balance to be a good dribbler? That’s a strange stat low balance and high dribbling. I’m gonna give him a go, sad to say good bye to Kante after 800 games lol
  • Gorda
    byronw1983 wrote: »

Nice one Gorda. I did wonder about his balance. Surely you have to have good balance to be a good dribbler? That’s a strange stat low balance and high dribbling. I’m gonna give him a go, sad to say good bye to Kante after 800 games lol
    I dont do much dribbling with him, mostly just have him as a tank in the midfield. I like the heel to though to get past players and shoot outside the Box after and its easy Goals.
  • byronw1983
    1610 posts Play-Off Hero

I dont do much dribbling with him, mostly just have him as a tank in the midfield. I like the heel to though to get past players and shoot outside the Box after and its easy Goals.

His card does look unreal. Thanks for the tips.
  • Blackbird10
    1288 posts Professional
    Running 4411 atm. Would him and IF Allan work together? It would mean I’d need De Vrij at CB though. Not sure if altogether it’s a downgrade on Pogba + Bailly.
  • CITYTIANB
    738 posts Semi-Pro
    Does he work as a cdm in 4231
  • byronw1983
    1610 posts Play-Off Hero
    CITYTIANB wrote: »

If you stick a shadow on him he becomes a scary looking CDM. I haven’t used him yet though.
  • Gorda
    CITYTIANB wrote: »
    Yes
  • BrettEmmett
    351 posts Sunday League Hero
    Don't use him as a CDM, you're wasting his attacking talents back there. Play him as a RCM. The amount of times I've passed to him 25 yards from goal and he's let loose a thunderbolt is ridiculous. He's not really suited as a CAM either, he's a bit clunky. CM, get forward, get into box for cross. What a beast.
  • CITYTIANB
    738 posts Semi-Pro
    Don't use him as a CDM, you're wasting his attacking talents back there. Play him as a RCM. The amount of times I've passed to him 25 yards from goal and he's let loose a thunderbolt is ridiculous. He's not really suited as a CAM either, he's a bit clunky. CM, get forward, get into box for cross. What a beast.

I like my lcdm to get forward so.that is why I am thinking of picking him up for that role
  • BrettEmmett
    351 posts Sunday League Hero
    @CITYTIANB well, I played him as a RDM, telling him to get forward, but he wasn't in shooting range all that often compared to a RCM, but I guess if you weren't overly concerned about his offensive output he does a good job as a CDM.
  • gizzzzy
    579 posts An Exciting Prospect
    would this guy at 8 chem be allot better than my futmas herrera as lcm?
  • byronw1983
    1610 posts Play-Off Hero
    gizzzzy wrote: »
    would this guy at 8 chem be allot better than my futmas herrera as lcm?

I played a couple of games with him, he’s huge and intercepts everything
  • gutman22
    684 posts An Exciting Prospect
    For me he is pure hype. I used his SIF before the upgrade. Ok... He is good but doesn't worth that much. He is slow and lacks agility. But as anyone can see he is tall and strong which is a very good point. I just don't think he worth that much.
  • Blackbird10
    1288 posts Professional
    gutman22 wrote: »
    For me he is pure hype. I used his SIF before the upgrade. Ok... He is good but doesn't worth that much. He is slow and lacks agility. But as anyone can see he is tall and strong which is a very good point. I just don't think he worth that much.

Given the same work rates, height and pace, upgraded Pogba is probably better than him. Slightly more agile and 5* skills.
  • gutman22
    684 posts An Exciting Prospect

Given the same work rates, height and pace, upgraded Pogba is probably better than him. Slightly more agile and 5* skills.

French and from EPL. Nothing more to say.
  • Blackbird10
    1288 posts Professional

Given most top players use icons around them anyway, and someone asked about replacing Herrera though :D
  • gizzzzy

Given most top players use icons around them anyway, and someone asked about replacing Herrera though :D

Futmas herrera to be fair, guess I just want to replace him :neutral:
  • ChristopherOC3
    332 posts Sunday League Hero
    I’ve used his IF and SIF for a large portion of this year. And I can say without doubt he is currently being Hyped way beyond how he plays.

He’s very solid don’t get me wrong otherwise I wouldn’t have used him for so long, but people talking like he’s the second coming of Gullit are blowing smoke.

His long shot is cracking no doubt, but he doesn’t run games or feel special on the ball and that’s largely down to three mediocre stats.

72 agility and 64 balance mean his dribbling and strength are no where near as effective as his core stats would suggest. While his 77 aggression means he isn’t winning as many 50/50s or challenges as again his core stats suggest he should.

In short, he’s a really good card, but hype means his price is about 200k more than it should be.
  • Blackbird10
    1288 posts Professional

I was in the same boat. I went Pogba.
  • pudgyfudgy
    6185 posts Big Money Move
    CM is his best position, but don't rely solely on him to be your defensive midfielder. He CAN defend very well, but having Get Forward and Get Into Box For Cross on him is a must... The number of goals or assists he will get is totally worth it. But this means that he'll be up the pitch a lot, so he will need a purely defensive partner.
  • gizzzzy

I was in the same boat. I went Pogba.

I have pogba if allready, currwntly rocking a midfield with herrera pogba rijkaard and del piero.. Need a new cm, league doenst really matter and i allready have blanc. Budget about 600k
  • byronw1983
    1610 posts Play-Off Hero
    I’ve had the second in form on shadow and he’s been immense. He’s next to petit, it’s a brick wall.
  • Vflagship
    1205 posts Professional

I agree with this, most overhyped player so far this Fifa, real value for the TIF should be about 150k
  • BL86
    2102 posts Fans' Favourite
    Why is it pure hype? His stats and height are better than Nainggolan and Vidal, so why shouldn’t he be at the price he currently is? I was even comparing him to prime Rijkaard and again he was better.
  • byronw1983
    1610 posts Play-Off Hero
    Vflagship wrote: »

I agree with this, most overhyped player so far this Fifa, real value for the TIF should be about 150k

Yeh he’s terrible. He’s tall, strong, great at interceptions, excellent passer, unreal in the air and pretty much tackles everything. Terrible!

He’s much better than prime Rijkaard.
  • 040HH
    271 posts Sunday League Hero
    I tried him for a few games, but I really didnt like him. I am much better with players, who have high agility and balance. He just felt so klunky and moved like a truck. I kinda thought I was playing a tall bronze GK as a CDM..
  • byronw1983
    1610 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited March 2018
    040HH wrote: »
    I tried him for a few games, but I really didnt like him. I am much better with players, who have high agility and balance. He just felt so klunky and moved like a truck. I kinda thought I was playing a tall bronze GK as a CDM..

Translated to - I play Jesus at CDM and pause at Kick off to move Salah to CM :D
  • 040HH
    271 posts Sunday League Hero

Translated to - I play Jesus at CDM and pause at Kick off to move Salah to CM :D

nah, not really. I never play any forwards in the midfield. But if I have Pogba and Kante, Savic just doesnt feel as good. I am just better with these kind of players, like I play with prime Okocha, Lacazette etc up front.
  • byronw1983
    1610 posts Play-Off Hero

nah, not really. I never play any forwards in the midfield. But if I have Pogba and Kante, Savic just doesnt feel as good. I am just better with these kind of players, like I play with prime Okocha, Lacazette etc up front.

I’m only messing. But Pogba feels like a ten tonne truck also. I had Kante for 800 odd games, but he cost me so many goals on corners.