IF Torres - EA confusion

gia
3166 posts National Call-Up
edited March 2018
Gabriel Torres got an IF this week for a performance (hat trick) for Huachipado (Chilean League).

Nevertheless, his IF was released for his old club, Lausanne Sport (Swiss League).
As I'm Swiss, I bought him for 10k.
(didn't even realise the card was mistakenly at Lausanne)

An hour or so later, EA tweeted this:

funny thing is, they actually changed his card to the correct club - which in fact is in FUT.

But at the same time, they made the card untradable:
f0ddc137e59392bbeb60dd6a23e7b3aa.jpeg

it's onlya few coins, so I don't care.
Just wanted to share it for the laughs, personally was really confused for a moment :D

Comments

• Pezza1984
    816 posts Semi-Pro
    What a shambles
  • byronw1983
    1610 posts Play-Off Hero
    So they’ve refunded you the transfer coins right?
  • Fab
    19656 posts Club Captain
    classic ea
  • gia
    edited March 2018
    byronw1983 wrote: »
    So they’ve refunded you the transfer coins right?
    no, I got the untradable card, without getting the coins back.

I could discard for 9.272 though if I wanted
  • Frankenberry
    10217 posts Has That Special Something
    The Chilean league isn't in FUT anymore? I guess I didn't notice, but there are a few random silvers if you search on the market.

Pretty absurd if they went and manually changed the club on a card you've already purchased.
  • gia
    edited March 2018
    The Chilean league isn't in FUT anymore? I guess I didn't notice, but there are a few random silvers if you search on the market.

Pretty absurd if they went and manually changed the club on a card you've already purchased.
    oh, didn't know that.
    the card is now from Chilean league though, so in the database the league & club defo exist
  • krappen07
    5995 posts Big Money Move
    Hilarious when the tweet came out, he literally went extinct. Was on a FIFA stream, and somebody bought 30 of them... guess he's gonna have to discard 29 or throw them in Sbc lol
  • MyAccount
    1383 posts Professional
    krappen07 wrote: »
    Hilarious when the tweet came out, he literally went extinct. Was on a FIFA stream, and somebody bought 30 of them... guess he's gonna have to discard 29 or throw them in Sbc lol
    Lmaooooo
  • gia
    wow, ouch!

btw the tweet says
    "doesn't affect existing cards in your club"
    well, it did effect my card. :#
  • Frankenberry
    gia wrote: »
    wow, ouch!

btw the tweet says
    "doesn't affect existing cards in your club"
    well, it did effect my card. :#

The tweet also says it's a "league that is not available in FUT", but it's literally available as a search option in the game:

LJZhHYM.png

There are players when you search the league, though it's definitely not every player. No idea how these ones made it in over the others.
  • gia
    edited March 2018
    @Frankenberry
    exactly, checked that as well.

Also, in the OP there's a screenshot of the card as it is in my club now.
    they literally changed it to the correct league & club - which they claimed were not in FUT.
  • krappen07
    5995 posts Big Money Move
    Well at least they're communicating.. such a low bar we have for them

In other news.. #FixMbappesRating
  • apfelmus_maCHer1
    53061 posts Ballon d'Or Winner
    Mistakes like that shouldn't happen.
    Do we get a new IF now? I guess not.
  • WFCBagnall
    87949 posts Moderator
    Mistakes like that shouldn't happen.
    Do we get a new IF now? I guess not.

Nope
  • Janoe1
    7826 posts League Winner
    The players that you see on the market are transfers aswell. Same case as Torres but they never cared to remove those
  • Gooner
    4831 posts National Call-Up
    Why is there none on the market?
  • gia
    because it's impossible to sell this card, see OP
  • Gooner
    4831 posts National Call-Up
    edited March 2018
    Ffs, why make it untreadable for the misstake they did.

@EA_Andy cant they make him to being listed on the market? For there are people that would like to buy him, and now thats not possible
  • WTFsmirky08
    2973 posts National Call-Up
    Everyday they make themselves more of a shambles FFS

How much are they worth :lol:
  • Low Ki
    12638 posts Has That Special Something
    EA: Sorry guys, we ❤️❤️❤️❤️ up. Don't worry though, you the customers will suffer for our stuff up.

Story of everything about this Ratings Refresh 'event'.
  • Choepiechakie
    33891 posts National Team Captain
    edited March 2018
    Well at least they're communicating.. such a low bar we have for them

In other news.. #FixMbappesRating

How about position? The lad plays rw every match, yet they gives his up a.striker position
  • Shehraj
    5743 posts Big Money Move
    can we all demand free packs yet?
  • pekkaa88
    7267 posts Big Money Move
    Gooner wrote: »
    Ffs, why make it untreadable for the misstake they did.

@EA_Andy cant they make him to being listed on the market? For there are people that would like to buy him, and now thats not possible

probably because of legal reasons. They dont own the license to that league and for that reason players cant be on the market
  • Kove
    4676 posts National Call-Up
  • Frankenberry
    pekkaa88 wrote: »
    probably because of legal reasons. They dont own the license to that league and for that reason players cant be on the market

Players from that league are currently listed on the market and have been for the entire year.
  • Low Ki
    12638 posts Has That Special Something

Players from that league are currently listed on the market and have been for the entire year.

I think they might've lost the rights. I used those heavily during flash SBC's and realised they've dried up from my club.

In comparison I'm still massively stocked with Colombian, Argeninian + Korean league bronzes and silvers.
  • pekkaa88

But those players were not in their promotional poster. And maybe they still had the license when those cards were released and ran out after.. Who knows
  • gia

But those players were not in their promotional poster. And maybe they still had the license when those cards were released and ran out after.. Who knows

@pekkaa88
    if that's the case, why change the card from Lausanne Sport to the Chilean club?
    why not juat leave it as it was? like they actually announced in the tweet?
  • pekkaa88
    gia wrote: »

@pekkaa88
    if that's the case, why change the card from Lausanne Sport to the Chilean club?
    why not juat leave it as it was? like they actually announced in the tweet?

because the player didnt play for them
  • Cornushon
    5048 posts Big Money Move
    Keep spending $$