LA Galaxy: Curt Onalfo in "The Do Over"|The End

12345679

Comments

  • JoshDFC
    2146 posts Fans' Favourite
    The team deserved to win and finally you sit top of the table. Hopefully you can push on now and create some breathing space at the top
  • ElMarcos
    322 posts Sunday League Hero
    Love this story! Nice to learn this much about the MLS. Graphical are great to. What tools do you use?
  • Ashy
    17501 posts World Class
    Top of the table with a game in hand, very good result there, attack looks in good form as others have said
  • Virtual_K
    2002 posts Fans' Favourite
    ASdoZeR wrote: »
    Good to see the newcomers having an impact right away. After a turbulent start the team managed to control the game and Dos Santos closed the game at the end. Defensive stability is much needed because the attack continues to be in good form. The rivals don't sleep.
    Considering how difficult the first meeting with the Whitecaps was, the result was good, but Onalfo would like to see the team take better care of the ball. Some of the opponents best opportunities (including the goal) came directly from a bad pass out of the back. The defense has seen some improvement but not yet problem solved.
    subpop wrote: »
    Probably the best performance in recent weeks. The first half was really good. Despite Vancouver responded soon to the early goal of LA Galaxy, the team kept the pressure in attack and scored the 2-1.
    Overall, I saw the team comfortable with the ball possession, enjoying chances and playing fluid. There were moments of suffering in the initial moments of the 2nd half, but I feel LA Galaxy could have scored more than 3 goals. Congratulations!
    It was better play than the last match that's for sure, considering the opponent and the missing players, but still too sloppy in parts of the game. Encouraging that the offense found some rhythm but the shooting needs to be better. The team is hard to beat even if it's not playing well, so that is something Onalfo can take into the playoffs.
    JoshDFC wrote: »
    The team deserved to win and finally you sit top of the table. Hopefully you can push on now and create some breathing space at the top
    The team will have a chance to gain further on Seattle when they meet. Part of the MLS strategy is to avoid the knockout round in the playoffs by placing in the top two of the conference table and getting an extra few days rest between games.
    ElMarcos wrote: »
    Love this story! Nice to learn this much about the MLS. Graphical are great to. What tools do you use?
    Thanks man, I appreciate it. I've been watching MLS long enough to see the growth and transformation from a survival league to one with great potential; it really is astonishing to see how far it's come in just the last several years alone.

    I use quite a few tools for my stories:
    OneNote: log pertinent game info after matches
    Excel: use two spreadsheets, one to handle league table and stats, other for match report
    Publisher: Layout for news pages and any story related texts
    Photoshop: image editing but not layout
    Powerpoint: sometimes use to create individual images for publisher because it's easier for me than Photoshop, have also used in the past for some video sequences.
    Videos: use Elgato video capture device and editing tool to make initial cuts, then use PowerDirector to add text, transitions, and basic effects.
    Ashy wrote: »
    Top of the table with a game in hand, very good result there, attack looks in good form as others have said
    Hopefully the defensive issues have been worked out with the two new additions. Lots of attacking options if the team can stay healthy. Just need to limit bad turnovers and close out shooters without being taken off the dribble.
  • Virtual_K
    2002 posts Fans' Favourite
    ODPLyAx.png

  • Stlducks
    7742 posts League Winner
    Catching up on the story, very exciting and great graphics as always! I will admit, it's a little past 10pm here, I'm sitting in my kitchen with the lights off warming up a bottle for the baby. I clicked play on the video above not realizing how loud my volume was and the voice scarred the crap out of me. I have no shame in admitting I jumped and made the dog bark.... very nicely done!
  • DonGabriel
    934 posts Semi-Pro
    Stlducks wrote: »
    I clicked play on the video above not realizing how loud my volume was and the voice scarred the **** out of me. I have no shame in admitting I jumped and made the dog bark.... very nicely done!

    I had the same reaction :dizzy:
    The call may shake the things up on Curt's mind. It's a tough moment, a lot of doubts hovering in the air, Curt has some important decisions ahead.
  • ElMarcos
    322 posts Sunday League Hero
    Quite a lot of tools. Looks really professional though! Keep that up. Just like the story!
  • subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    I really like this touch you give to the story. :D
  • ale1985bg
    395 posts Sunday League Hero
    Well, judging from the caller's voice it looks like they have phones in Heaven. Because it was Barry White callin'you, wasn't it?
  • ASdoZeR
    1362 posts Professional
    Wow everything set for some sleepless nights there.
  • Virtual_K
    2002 posts Fans' Favourite
    Stlducks wrote: »
    Catching up on the story, very exciting and great graphics as always! I will admit, it's a little past 10pm here, I'm sitting in my kitchen with the lights off warming up a bottle for the baby. I clicked play on the video above not realizing how loud my volume was and the voice scarred the **** out of me. I have no shame in admitting I jumped and made the dog bark.... very nicely done!
    Sorry about that. The original recording was very low volume and I had to boost. I usually have my laptop and phone volume between 30-40% so that didn't occur to me. Wasn't meant to shock, just cloak and daggerish. :#
    DonGabriel wrote: »
    I had the same reaction :dizzy:
    The call may shake the things up on Curt's mind. It's a tough moment, a lot of doubts hovering in the air, Curt has some important decisions ahead.
    More than you know, or more than you know at the moment. ;)
    ElMarcos wrote: »
    Quite a lot of tools. Looks really professional though! Keep that up. Just like the story!
    Thanks. I like to experiment a little with different apps. Jack of many trades, master of none. :)
    ale1985bg wrote: »
    Well, judging from the caller's voice it looks like they have phones in Heaven. Because it was Barry White callin'you, wasn't it?
    Ha! Kinda does sound like Barry White. Just a computer voice with a modified pitch, however, and not Barry incarnate. :)
    ASdoZeR wrote: »
    Wow everything set for some sleepless nights there.
    Nothing Sandra's Xanax won't cure. :D
  • Virtual_K
    2002 posts Fans' Favourite

    Match Day Twenty - New England Revolution vs LA Galaxy

    jkGzAkq.png

    I7akFav.png

    YnPaHTD.png


    nsoHTRJ.png
    "Whoa! That was a stinker, and I'm not talking about the effects of the burrito I just ate. I realize Curt Onalfo was trying to rest players, but he has a real problem on offense when Giovanni and Alessandrini are on the bench, and the loss of Jamieson IV only makes losing Zardes that much worse. Jose Villareal, while technical, has not demonstrated to me that he can lead the attack, so Onalfo will have to find a different strategy when resting Giovanni. I think the early injuries contributed to the dysfunction in the midfield tonight that led to numerous turnovers in bad spots, and when the Galaxy did move the ball up field, the lack of creativity in the final third put too much pressure on a back line without Jelle Van Damme. Bad loss, but not defining with all the absentees. Still, Onalfo needs to find a second striker, and soon, or adjust his approach to accommodate a diminished attack."

    Jay Heaps, New England Revolution: "It took him a while to get his season going, but Kai Kamara had a fantastic night! I feel the team has turned a corner and showed what it is capable of. We have time to get ourselves back into playoff contention, and that is what we'll do."

    Curt Onalfo, LA Galaxy: "What can I say? The team looked terrible. We had some injuries that changed our rotation, we looked tired, and my tactics were completely wrong against a determined (and rested) opponent. I underestimated New England and felt it important to rest some of my players. Obviously a big mistake on my part."


    JnaGtp1.png

    DTVETMk.png

    eIDrlS7.png
  • Stlducks
    7742 posts League Winner
    Not the result wanted after getting a late night phone call like that. Resting key players, battling fatigue and going up against a rested side is always a difficult match to win. Hopefully the team can bounce back and get back to winning ways.
  • ale1985bg
    395 posts Sunday League Hero
    WHAAAAAT?!?!???!? :scream:
    Still top of the conference though, hopefully you'll manage to bounce back straight away!
  • subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    I think LA Galaxy showed all their weaknesses together. It was a demolition in every sense. New England beated La Galaxy in every single aspect, ball possession, creation of chances, concentration... In many games, LA Galaxy survived thanks to individual talent, but this time it didn't appear and the rival was clearly superior. 4-1 and it could have been worse. Definitely a game that should make Onalfo think.
  • DonGabriel
    934 posts Semi-Pro
    Is this real? Curt may be shaken about that call. Still leading but a lot of weakness exposed which Curt has idea and quality to fix it.
  • ASdoZeR
    1362 posts Professional
    I mean Curt was kindly asked to lose this game but 4-1 seems a bit too much though. Anyway, will be interesting too see how the story evolves now after this call and this "surprising" result.
  • JoshDFC
    2146 posts Fans' Favourite
    Every team can have an off day and its a shame that you were punished for every mistake on yours but the team have the ability and character to bounce back
  • Virtual_K
    2002 posts Fans' Favourite
    Sorry for the late replies.
    Stlducks wrote: »
    Not the result wanted after getting a late night phone call like that. Resting key players, battling fatigue and going up against a rested side is always a difficult match to win. Hopefully the team can bounce back and get back to winning ways.
    There were several things working against Onalfo in this match, call it fate?
    ale1985bg wrote: »
    WHAAAAAT?!?!???!? :scream:
    Still top of the conference though, hopefully you'll manage to bounce back straight away!
    Not a good loss no matter how you slice it, but also not indicative of how the team usually plays. It felt like one of those games where the best I could hope for was a draw.
    subpop wrote: »
    I think LA Galaxy showed all their weaknesses together. It was a demolition in every sense. New England beated La Galaxy in every single aspect, ball possession, creation of chances, concentration... In many games, LA Galaxy survived thanks to individual talent, but this time it didn't appear and the rival was clearly superior. 4-1 and it could have been worse. Definitely a game that should make Onalfo think.
    This was an example I've read people complain about how a bad team will play like Barcelona (will be addressed if FIFA 19 apparently). Still, the tactics were wrong and it's a handicap playing with my controller issue. Time and time again space will open up in the center of my defense because I can't get the player to move down properly. Doesn't prevent me from playing, but it does make playing defense harder. You can actually see it in the video, although I didn't highlight them this time. I'll have to buy another controller before I attempt to fix this one, but they're not cheap, and I am. :p
    DonGabriel wrote: »
    Is this real? Curt may be shaken about that call. Still leading but a lot of weakness exposed which Curt has idea and quality to fix it.
    Curt has several ideas to fix, but may not have enough time. :o
    ASdoZeR wrote: »
    I mean Curt was kindly asked to lose this game but 4-1 seems a bit too much though. Anyway, will be interesting too see how the story evolves now after this call and this "surprising" result.
    Going into this story, I had an idea that this particular match would determine one of two directions. As it happens, the result means the short(ish) one. :/
    JoshDFC wrote: »
    Every team can have an off day and its a shame that you were punished for every mistake on yours but the team have the ability and character to bounce back
    I think the early injury to Boateng really threw things off and forced an untimely substitution. Coupled with another injury to Jamieson and the short rest between matches, and the entire rotation was thrown off. It probably wouldn't have mattered as much if New England didn't play above their form for this match.
  • Virtual_K
    2002 posts Fans' Favourite
    M9FSoSu.png


    NOTE:
    Use headphones for best listening experience.
  • WestardLord
    2352 posts Fans' Favourite
    lol, well, interesting ending. It seems Onalfo's time sort of fizzled out. Luck was against him, I think.
  • subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    I can only stand up and clap for minutes :D:D
  • DonGabriel
    934 posts Semi-Pro
    Amazing, man!! At least when Curt woke up, Sandra still loves him.

    tenor.gif?itemid=4920285
Sign In or Register to comment.