Super human defence

dezy22
149 posts Has Potential To Be Special
How the hell do I get my team to press like every other team I play my opponent just shadows me like staying literally 2inch from the ball carrier no tricks or feints work against this is they just read the skill move aswell it’s so frustrating

Comments

• forearms
    4460 posts National Call-Up
    no one is going to tell you here man. Its one of those things that people ask and it never gets answered...
  • BL86
    2102 posts Fans' Favourite
    dezy22 wrote: »
    How the hell do I get my team to press like every other team I play my opponent just shadows me like staying literally 2inch from the ball carrier no tricks or feints work against this is they just read the skill move aswell it’s so frustrating

What you’re describing is pressure.. the not being able to move and somebody being close to you is them holding contain. Add to this, second man contain, when used effectively, will restrict you of space. There’s plenty of videos about it on YouTube, BorasLegend describes it well.

Custom tactics and the right players also complements this.
  • Claret_n_blue_blood
    13950 posts Has That Special Something

ruins the game and makes it so unrealistic, why ppl can't defender on their own is beyond me
  • BL86
    2102 posts Fans' Favourite

ruins the game and makes it so unrealistic, why ppl can't defender on their own is beyond me

First man contain should be removed, would force people to manually move their players towards the opponent
  • Eurocelta83
    670 posts An Exciting Prospect
    BL86 wrote: »

First man contain should be removed, would force people to manually move their players towards the opponent

I don't see the point of first man contain being in the game.
  • Ovo23
    578 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Contain is for noobs IMO.. just holding x whilst letting the ai defend for you is ridiculous..
    I defend full manually... When I play against contain users I beat the 9 out of 10
    The only game I lose is when I play against top defenders like desailly , blanc, vieira with customs tactics like high pressure / ultra defensife and aggresive interceptions.. then contain is ridiculous and you cannot move your players
  • pekkaa88
    6024 posts Big Money Move

Yeah, defenders marking attackers is soooo unrealistic.. In real life they are usually behind the goal taking selfies
  • forearms
    pekkaa88 wrote: »

Yeah, defenders marking attackers is soooo unrealistic.. In real life they are usually behind the goal taking selfies
    right, because in real life there is someone holding down 1 button (without moving the player stick) to shadow someone wherever he goes. Yep, totally realistic yo. Ive made this point before; why not just hold one button on offense and let the player dribble up the field and get into the best shooting position for you as well? Its equally as ridiculous as the garbage defending mechanics this game employs. We can have each person "playing" just hold the x button. Then at the end, see who scored more? Maybe we can even hold a button for 2nd man offense. Sounds like a game that should be an Esport huh?
    What? You lost but didn't hold X all game? Git Gud!
  • DieWölfe14
    1814 posts Play-Off Hero
    It's just nerds who can switch super fast between players so it feels they have extra players on you all the time
  • Claret_n_blue_blood
    13950 posts Has That Special Something
    forearms wrote: »

right, because in real life there is someone holding down 1 button (without moving the player stick) to shadow someone wherever he goes. Yep, totally realistic yo. Ive made this point before; why not just hold one button on offense and let the player dribble up the field and get into the best shooting position for you as well? Its equally as ridiculous as the garbage defending mechanics this game employs. We can have each person "playing" just hold the x button. Then at the end, see who scored more? Maybe we can even hold a button for 2nd man offense. Sounds like a game that should be an Esport huh?

don't worry bout pekka he enjoys trolling the threads :wink:
  • Radraptor
    1251 posts Professional

All of the eSport comments are tired. Stop using some lame argument to emphasize your frustration. It is an element in the game and has nothing to do with eSport. Plenty of eSport games have exploits as well and common builds, weapons, etc so it’s no different.
  • forearms
    Radraptor wrote: »

All of the eSport comments are tired. Stop using some lame argument to emphasize your frustration. It is an element in the game and has nothing to do with eSport. Plenty of eSport games have exploits as well and common builds, weapons, etc so it’s no different.

do these Esport games allow you to move all around the field/court/ice without ever using the stick that is supposed to control movement?
  • ICUP
    3906 posts National Call-Up

You're joking right? I know you're not dumb enough not to know what player marking is to the extent some players get shut out of games completely because they are being tightly marked
  • maksi
    6575 posts Big Money Move
    It's just nerds who can switch super fast between players so it feels they have extra players on you all the time
    this, high frequency switching is the key

• browney1888
    289 posts Sunday League Hero
    no one is going to tell you here man. Its one of those things that people ask and it never gets answered...

ive asked this about 10 times and never a answer so ure right
    when i play the ball to my attackers the good players centre half is basically in his shorts and takling
    when they play the ball to there attackers my defenders are a few yards behind

i thought it was 100 aggression and 100 press but its not as i tried that. its murder as its prob something simple to do with a combanation of press and contain button
    no idea tho but its annoying
  • pekkaa88
    6024 posts Big Money Move

In offense you dont have to press a single button for your AI contolled attacker to get into shooting position..
  • forearms
    edited February 2018

In offense you dont have to press a single button for your AI contolled attacker to get into shooting position..

But not the player you are controlling right? The player actually dribbling the ball?
  • FifaGod97
    137 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Mate all everyone is doing is park the bus,controlling 1 player & holding A & letting the CPU defend cause their ****
  • forearms
    ICUP wrote: »

You're joking right? I know you're not dumb enough not to know what player marking is to the extent some players get shut out of games completely because they are being tightly marked

Ohhhhhh. When I watched Ander Herrera lock down Eden Hazard last year, I thought it was because Herrera physically marked him so well. I failed to realize "The Special One" was just holding the X button all game. I guess I should've understood that was all Jose, and not Ander.
  • browney1888
    Ohhhhhh. When I watched Ander Herrera lock down Eden Hazard last year, I thought it was because Herrera physically marked him so well. I failed to realize "The Special One" was just holding the X button all game. I guess I should've understood that was all Jose, and not Ander.[/quote]

not to bust your balls but is that all threse **** are doing? holding x and switching quick so there defender is right ontop of my attacker?

no wonder is loss about 20 weekend league a week and wonder how the **** they done it

wots the point of playing?
  • R4z0RB4cK
    171 posts Has Potential To Be Special

Exactly mate,

its like a 11 a side pacman game
  • browney1888
    R4z0RB4cK wrote: »

Exactly mate,

its like a 11 a side pacman game

ive only played like 6 weekend leagues so a major noob but have been wondering how these fcks keep 6-8 players back and stick to my attackers like glue then counter attack

the amount of games ive lost 1 or 2 goals because of this is unreal

**** playing like that.
    as yer man said would they attack like that if they could also lol
  • dezy22
    Well atleast it ain’t just me having the same problem
  • torcids
    299 posts Sunday League Hero
    Yeah it's awful, they counter once or twice and score both goals..I'm trying o manually defend and get scored on a lot but at least I'm playing the game for fun and using the players i like. I know everyone wants to win but sitting back all game must be boring, what's the point of playing..
  • dezy22
    I just hate how it’s so responsive you can try most tricks but they all super read the tricks it makes the skills prettty obsolete but there is a few that cause problems but it makes average defenders react like Sergio Ramos so what is the point in defending stats?
  • dezy22
    I played the full weekend league on all out attack just for kicks did not too bad got 17 wins I could have had more but had to quit a few games I was winning due to other things happening I also can’t defend for love nor money because I actually control my defenders
  • forearms
    Can you imagine the scenes if EA ever took this ridiculous feature away?