The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.

Opinions on TOTY Kane?

Gigaa_Byte
2087 posts Fans' Favourite
Would be using him in a 2 Striker formation next to Salah, if you do recommend him, would he also suit a 2 Striker formation?

Comments

• Jfo88
    22946 posts Club Captain
    Didn't feel good but scored tons of goals for me
  • Gigaa_Byte
    Jfo88 wrote: »

What didn't feel good about him?
  • Jfo88
    22946 posts Club Captain
    Gigaa_Byte wrote: »

I like agile quick players. He is neither
  • Gigaa_Byte

I like agile quick players. He is neither

I get he might not be the most agile, but surely he feels quick enough?
  • Ugri
    7444 posts League Winner
    More than enough. If someone like agile players like Messi thats a different story but as a finisher he is 1 of the best in the game!
  • Daveofwales01
    8395 posts League Winner
    Best big man on the game imo
  • Gigaa_Byte
    Ugri wrote: »
    More than enough. If someone like agile players like Messi thats a different story but as a finisher he is 1 of the best in the game!

Yeah looking at his stats his finishing is going to be up there with the very best.
  • Gigaa_Byte
    Best big man on the game imo

Good to hear. :)
  • Chappy
    3342 posts National Call-Up
    I struggled with him. Got open looks in good positions a number of times that the keeper saved.

ADP and TIF Son scored very similar chances in the same games, so I got rid of him.
  • Gigaa_Byte
    Chappy wrote: »
    I struggled with him. Got open looks in good positions a number of times that the keeper saved.

ADP and TIF Son scored very similar chances in the same games, so I got rid of him.

:(
  • Chappy
    3342 posts National Call-Up

It could very well be me not knowing how to use him properly.
  • Mike_Pickford
    3807 posts National Call-Up
    Best striker in the game for me. He's so quick and is really good at holding players off. I have no problem dribbling with him either. Shooting is the best I've seen IG too. Don't think I'll ever sell him.
  • RebelRob
    5965 posts Big Money Move
    Not used him but played against him a few times and he's never caused me much problems.

Played someone last night with prime dinho, otw Salah, toty Kane, prime vieira, prime matthaus, prime Rio, prime Carlos and a few other decent players, and admittedly he wasn't the best player but dinho seemed a bigger threat with his agility and pace, as did Salah.
  • Daveofwales01
    8395 posts League Winner
    Best striker in the game for me. He's so quick and is really good at holding players off. I have no problem dribbling with him either. Shooting is the best I've seen IG too. Don't think I'll ever sell him.

Yea I'm in this position, I have prime dinho, prime jay-jay and 96 cr7 as cams, realistically I should sell Kane and push cr7 to striker but I can't bring myself to do it.
  • Gigaa_Byte
    Think I've already convinced myself to get him tbh, just want to try something new and different.
  • Ugri
    7444 posts League Winner
    Think I've already convinced myself to get him tbh, just want to try something new and different.

Good choice! Btw put Catalyst on him. Everything else maxed out. Also to mention he is the best shielder on the game.
  • Gigaa_Byte

Good choice! Btw put Catalyst on him. Everything else maxed out. Also to mention he is the best shielder on the game.

Yeah that was the plan. :) Was kind of tempted by engine to improve agility and balance though, what you think? @Ugri
  • Ugri
    7444 posts League Winner
    edited February 2018

Yeah that was the plan. :) Was kind of tempted by engine to improve agility and balance though, what you think? @Ugri

I had engine on mine for 150.games but since i have him on catalyst he is better imo. A bit quicker now and on point passing. I pair him with MvB btw so passing is key for me to get partnership even better. Agility and balance no problem. @Gigaa_Byte
    What formation and team u play him in?
  • Gigaa_Byte
    edited February 2018

I had engine on mine for 150.games but since i have him on catalyst he is better imo. A bit quicker now and on point passing. I pair him with MvB btw so passing is key for me to get partnership even better. Agility and balance no problem. @Gigaa_Byte
    What formation and team u play him in?

Will be 4312, not planned a team yet. @Ugri
    Post edited by Gigaa_Byte on
  • Silent Singer74
    676 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I didn't like him as much as I expected. Preferred 90 Larsson to him. Just felt off for me. Hope you have better luck with him than me.
  • Nicku32
    2225 posts Fans' Favourite
    @Gigaa_Byte Let us know how you find him as im tempted to get him soon to replace 89 MVB next to Prime Henry.
  • Daveofwales01
    8395 posts League Winner
    Nicku32 wrote: »
    @Gigaa_Byte Let us know how you find him as im tempted to get him soon to replace 89 MVB next to Prime Henry.

Had mvb before kane and wasn't a big fan of mvb, gutted cos I wanted to like him but he didn't click for me, kane is streets ahead of him imo
  • Nicku32
    2225 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited February 2018

Had mvb before kane and wasn't a big fan of mvb, gutted cos I wanted to like him but he didn't click for me, kane is streets ahead of him imo

This is the second time i've had MVB and hes just getting worse for me lately but is great to begin with.
  • Daveofwales01
    8395 posts League Winner

This is the second time i've had MVB and hes just getting worse for me lately but is great to begin with.

He was scoring goals for me but he seemed to be out of the game for long parts and it bothered me, kane is involved in everything in attack and his hold up play is irreplaceable for me, nobody has held defenders off like he does as a striker, only other I found as strong was 90 gullit but he was wasted as a striker
  • B16Lad
    522 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I’m using him as ST in 4231-2 and he’s a goal scoring machine. He reminds of the POTY Cavani from last year. Would imagine he’d work perfect with Salah in 4312, either with him or at CAM.
  • AngryFUTplayer
    1022 posts Professional
    Toty Kane is one of the best players I’ve used this year. You just have to know how to use him... you won’t typically face up and try to beat people off the dribble, but rather hold up play, turn and bang on in the back of the net.
  • Surfy
    1133 posts Professional
    Toty Kane is one of the best players I’ve used this year. You just have to know how to use him... you won’t typically face up and try to beat people off the dribble, but rather hold up play, turn and bang on in the back of the net.

This is exactly what I do. Have him receive the box just inside the 18 with he back to net. Fake one way and go the other and then just shoot. Seems to have worked decent for me. He's got me out of a rough patch in fut champs as well.
  • Carswell
    8271 posts League Winner

It could very well be me not knowing how to use him properly.

Or the fact that you are trying to take some bull ❤️❤️❤️❤️ moral high ground by not doing low driven shots on people.
  • Guininho
    255 posts Sunday League Hero
    Didn’t really like him tbh... and didn’t even noticed those 99 shooting at all. Apart from that... he’s good. Not 1’4kk good but... good.

There are lots of better forwards for even half of his price, like Crespo... or Prime MvB, who is a bit similar to TOTY Kane. I’d recommend Prime MvB instead of TOTY Kane for sure.
  • Paawky
    2808 posts Fans' Favourite

Yea I'm in this position, I have prime dinho, prime jay-jay and 96 cr7 as cams, realistically I should sell Kane and push cr7 to striker but I can't bring myself to do it.

4-2-2-2. :*