FIFA 19 - Wishlist

Saviro
236 posts Sunday League Hero
edited February 2018
I think it's time to take a step forward and really listen to the fans opinions and show some ambition to build and create an exciting game . These two last FIFA series have been a huge dissapointment for me , it obviously made a huge improvement on graphics with Frostbite but gameplay-wise , it's still pretty behind . So here are some of my suggestions :
  • Tactical overhaul , a complete new system for better use of tactics. The current numeric system is clearly useless.
  • Better and more realistic animations such as passing, running , turning , dribbling , jogging, etc.
  • Update old and generic stadiums.
  • Improve the outside views of stadiums visually , what happened to "Living Worlds" ?
  • Injury realism , implement some of the features UFC has .
  • Better night lighting
  • Stadium entrance scenes, more inside and outside scenes in general .
  • I'm totally getting all these features from PES but please give some real faces to generic refeeres.
  • Apparently there's player intelligence system , how about a proper manager active intelligence . Give AI managers more options and variables , for example changing formations when the team isn't playing well , etc .
  • Update the generic match presentation design .
  • More LIFE and emotion in a cup final , more intensity on how the players, managers , the crowd and the commentators react and live that match . It feels so lifeless
  • Better camera angles/shots.
  • UEFA License is a MUST , but sadly you can kinda tell PES will renew. I just don't see EA having both FIFA and UEFA licenses , the only possible way is if both KONAMI and EA plan on sharing some licenses , then there's a possibility to open talks.
  • Authenticity is key , more scans/customs outside the prem.
  • Tattoos for partner clubs , EA just gives tattoos to cover stars.
  • Pulling up long sleeve shirts , example :
    sergio_ramos_makes_c5a3e908c43d29.jpg
  • Player ID , give each player their unique style of play ; Iniesta for example is actually useless in FIFA . Give more sense to player style and attributes. "Playmaker" should be asking more for the ball , moving the ball and making his team play to put an example .
  • Cutscenes in career mode ; manager presentation , team talks , signing presentation inside the stadium and in the conference room , interviews , etc . Possible ? Yes , with Frostbite . Ambitious enough ? Yes , but it's EA we're talking about .
  • More interactions between players and with the refeeres , they added "Emotion and Intensity" back in FIFA 16 , they can continue working on that.
  • I would also suggest a complete new dribbling and skills overhaul , you just can't be charging at full speed and execute a perfect Mcgeady spin . It's way too arcade and unrealistic in my opinion .
Post edited by Saviro on

Comments

• Saviro
    edited February 2018
    @EA_Andy It's now or never , time to step it up . Konami with PES is closing the gap and definitely growing . Bought FIFA 17 , played couple of times and got rid of it . This year didn't buy the game , ended up playing FIFA 16 . I honestly think the fans , those who complain and still buy the game are the reason why FIFA isn't evolving . People buy the game every year no matter what , no wonder EA doesn't even care . The game is based on FUT so no wonder on why the gameplay is so atrocious ..
    Post edited by Saviro on
  • Dunkirk
    115 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Put some effort in please, KONAMI realize you lot are faffing about and are they are close to getting back to top dogs. Listen to us, this is for your own good!!
  • Mate great article
  • Thatsgold007
    111 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    @EA_Andy please respond to this thread.... the guys put alot of effort and given you some great ideas......

Sadly effort and great ideas is something EA is blind and deaf to
  • PabloEscobar
    214 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Ea Will never Change as long they Every Year make more than previous years . Konami Will never close the gap. Ea only earn by microtransations more than konami selling there game for years ... hope ea Will 1 day also a make a better game than except make more money . :)
  • Brydobhoy
    460 posts An Exciting Prospect
    EA will never change now.
    The damage is done with the introduction of **** FUT and pay to win and the skill gap is non existant now. Every year older fifa players who know they are good enough that they dont need to but fifa points give up on the game but for every experienced gamer who quits fifa there is another 10 fifa new young players who will spend alot of money on UT so nothing will change.
  • Saviro
    edited February 2018
    Brydobhoy wrote: »
    EA will never change now.
    The damage is done with the introduction of **** FUT and pay to win and the skill gap is non existant now. Every year older fifa players who know they are good enough that they dont need to but fifa points give up on the game but for every experienced gamer who quits fifa there is another 10 fifa new young players who will spend alot of money on UT so nothing will change.

I can't stand the whole FUT bullsh**t ; all about pace , **** skills , ping pong passing , arcade gameplay , playing Pele as a CM and many more **** position changes , tactics being useless , players being overpowered , etc ... The game is clearly programmed for 5 min halves FUT matches , definitely not a serious football simulator . I stopped playing online to get a better feeling of real football but still gameplay is quite trash , I do like some features FIFA has but it definitely does not cut it for me . Yet the "game-testers" somehow find this appealing , shocking .
  • blackbeard_92
    6 posts Ball Boy
    edited March 2018
    -1: CONSISTENT GAMEPLAY. I'm not solely talking about input lag. We want consistent game mechanics.

0: FIX THE PLAYER SWITCHING! I have the player switching controller settings set to MANUAL, yet sometimes the game either switches players for me, or refuses to switch when I press L1/LB or flick the RS. This is by far my biggest source of frustration with the gameplay.

1: Make icon players available offline (was really disappointed to find out this wasn't on fifa18, when we used to have an only offline legends team previously).

2: Allow us to change the camera of the practice arena. To me it makes no sense to practice skill moves and shots using a camera that I will not be using in-game. All I am asking for is the OPTION for the user to switch cameras if they wish to. Moreover, allow us to do training games against AI, with the ability to select the number of players in our team AND the number of players in the opposition team. Running time would be unlimited, just like in the practice arena. This has been really well implemented in PES for years. I really enjoy the skill games, but they get really boring after a while.

3: I know this is a controversial one: In FUT, let us use players in whatever position we want to use them, without affecting chemistry. If I feel like a CR7 will perform better for me as a CB, then I shouldn't be punished for it with a lack of chemistry. Rather the gameplay itself should incentivize me to use more defensive-oriented players in such positions. The upside is, I am now able to use LW Ronaldo as a CAM, in full chem. The game is supposed to be fun. All these restrictions make it very cumbersome. I would even go as far as getting rid of nationality, and league chemistry as well, which would open up a lot more squad possibilities for everyone. I understand that it is more "realistic" if a player performs better if he plays with players he is familiar with, but this is a sacrifice I'm willing to make for the fun factor.

4: Make the multiplayer games that appear when a multiplayer offline game is loading, accessible through the menus, so we can use them anytime. As an alternative to playing games all the time when you are with a friend.

5: More customization in FUT, such as player boots, kit details, etc.

6: Actually change the appearance of the icon versions in-game. The only ones you bothered to change were Ronaldinho and R9. Prime (bald) Del Piero still has hair in-game. WTF EA?

Honorable mentions include everything youtubers have been asking for, over the past few months: more days to play the weekend league; MUCH better rewards in FUT game modes such as Drafts, Squad Battles, Online Seasons; why make some SBCs untradeable when they are non-repeatable? at least let us sell the players if we're not satisfied with what we get; a separate game mode for players that are not good enough to qualify for the WL; gameplay improvements; etc.

Honestly, there are a ton of things that could be done to make this game the best game in the world, but this is all that comes to my mind right now.

Finally, I would like to beseech EA to be more transparent and communicative with its user-base. We all want to enjoy this game and make it better for everyone.

PS: It is also CRITICAL that EA reward more the players who grind the game, than those who spend thousands of dollars on it. I know that the latter constitutes EA's primary source of income for the game, these days. But the fundamental user-base are usually those who spend hours upon hours playing the game. They are the ones who discover the boundaries of the mechanics, and it is far from EA's best interest to alienate that portion of users. Over-stimulating the pay-to-win aspect of the game is an incredibly short-sighted strategy.
    Post edited by blackbeard_92 on
  • Brydobhoy
    Number 3 on your list has to be a joke ?
    This is supposed to be a football game .
    So we can just decide to play De Gea as a striker and you shouldnt be penalised for it ?
    What would be the point in player positions then.
  • @Brydobhoy I said not be penalised with CHEMISTRY. If you do decide to play De Gea as a striker, then do it at your peril. He can't shoot and dribble for his life.
  • blackbeard_92
    6 posts Ball Boy
    edited March 2018
    Number 3 on your list has to be a joke ?
    This is supposed to be a football game .
    So we can just decide to play De Gea as a striker and you shouldnt be penalised for it ?
    What would be the point in player positions then.

@Brydobhoy I said "not be penalised with CHEMISTRY". If you do decide to play De Gea as a striker, then do it at your own peril. He can't shoot or dribble for his life.
    Post edited by blackbeard_92 on
  • Brydobhoy
    I would love EA to remove chemistry. But by this definition you r saying yoy should be allowed to play Ronaldo at CB presumably because hes talln, strong and quick however if this was the case then EA surely wouldnt need to implement some sort of other atat drainage were as he would always be out of position or something .
    Otherwise you would have people playing people like ronalso and bale at CB
  • Please for the love of God, stop the players from running to the ball like a magnet when it's going out for a corner or a throw in and touching it out of play. The L2/R2 cancel doesn't always prevent this.

Stop the players hanging around in offside positions for absolutey ages while you have to hold the ball up before putting in a cross.

Also, please stop the players smashing the ball to the guy in the offside position when you just tab X to pass it to the guy 2 meters from you.

If the ball is going out for a corner and the keeper can get to it, don't have him standing there watching it like a complete idiot.

If an opposing player is making a run and you start to track it, obviously you want your defender keeping tabs on him, so when you switch away to deal with the threat of the player with the ball, don't have the defender just completely switch off and let the runner away fromantic him.

If you could sort these irritations it would save me having to take out a mortgage to replace broken controllers ever year.

Thanks
  • blackbeard_92
    6 posts Ball Boy
    edited March 2018
    I would love EA to remove chemistry. But by this definition you r saying yoy should be allowed to play Ronaldo at CB presumably because hes talln, strong and quick however if this was the case then EA surely wouldnt need to implement some sort of other atat drainage were as he would always be out of position or something .
    Otherwise you would have people playing people like ronalso and bale at CB

The general idea is to let a player's individual stats serve as a deterrent from using him in an unnatural position. Sure CR7 is tall and strong, but he lacks defensive stats, so using him as a CB wouldn't make sense. You'd be free to do so, but you would only be shooting yourself in the foot by not deploying him in an attacking position. Same thing for Bale. However, if you genuinely feel that he would work better for you as a CAM or RM, you are now able to.

People already do this anyways by switching formations in-game.
  • ksennheis
    3 posts Ball Boy
    edited March 2018
    3: I know this is a controversial one: In FUT, let us use players in whatever position we want to use them, without affecting chemistry. If I feel like a CR7 will perform better for me as a CB, then I shouldn't be punished for it with a lack of chemistry. Rather the gameplay itself should incentivize me to use more defensive-oriented players in such positions. The upside is, I am now able to use LW Ronaldo as a CAM, in full chem. The game is supposed to be fun. All these restrictions make it very cumbersome. I would even go as far as getting rid of nationality, and league chemistry as well, which would open up a lot more squad possibilities for everyone. I understand that it is more "realistic" if a player performs better if he plays with players he is familiar with, but this is a sacrifice I'm willing to make for the fun factor.

I think we need to take another angle to this problem. What if chemistry was working gradually?

Let me explain, working with a max of 100 for each player.

Let's say I want to build a team with CR7, Messi, Neymar, Hazard at the front. Currently, this would be 3 LW 1 RW and would not work, but first what if we change the way some positions are working? For exemple CR7 can IRL play as a ST and Messi as a CAM/CF, why not scrap the current positioning system to just make them Forward : Allowing players to be any forward position with the same chemistry base (let's say 40) and LM/RM with a lower one (let's say 30).

In this situation I would be able to play CR7 ST 40 chem, Neymar LW 40 chem, Messi CAM 40 chem, Hazard RW 40 chem as a base.

Now let's link them, CR7 and Messi are playing in the same league but never played with each other, so both get 10 point added. However, Messi and Neymar played together in the past, so this would lead to add 10 point to their respective chem. If player are currently playing together (same team or same league + same nation) it's a straight + 20.

This would lead us to CR7 50 chem, Messi 60 chem, Neymar 60 chem, Hazard 40 chem.

If we are trying to make things more realistic, it would take around 15 games for two players to properly bound on the field. So if after playing a game with that combination, the players are getting 1 chem point per link. So after 15 games, the chem would be previous +(links chem:15) so : CR7 95 chem, Messi 100 chem, Neymar 90 chem, Hazard 70 chem.

At this point we can add the Manager (+10) and the Loyalty (+10). My four players would be on 100 each (except Hazard depending on the other 2 links and my RB)

On the same principle, when I sub Hazard for Willian, (sending Messi RW and Willian CAM), my chemistry should change.

To make it work, the
    Forward: CAM/CF/RF/LF/ST/RW/LW at 40 chem, and LM/RM at 30chem
    Midfielder : CAM/CM/CDM/LM/RM at 40 chem and LW/RW at 30chem
    Central Back: CB at 40 LB/RB/CDM at 30 chem (David Luiz used to be a CDM, Azpilicueta a RB...)
    Full Back: LB/RB/LWB/RWB at 40 chem , CB/LM/RM at 30 chem
    GK : GK 50 chem or OOP
    Out Of Position (like CR7 as CB) : 0 chem, so maximum OOP would be 85.

I think also having some kind of formation sheet that can be easily change during the game without pausing , something like 3 sheets possible, that also keep their specific players instructions, and chemistry would be changing according it. That would be great to easily switch for example from a 4231 to 41212 or 433 depending on how we feel the need to adapt.

Edit : For FUT :
    - As part of the wish list, I would love to see the Weekend League and DKT being inverted, a Week League, qualifying for a Weekend Knock out Tournament would make more sense.
    With huge reward from the WKT, based on when you got kicked out, and good reward from the WL depending on your result on 40 games. (need to win 24 to qualify for WKT). That would make something closer to reality with top 3 of the league table in CL and 3 next in Europa.
    - Make it more difficult to get icons, limit the number of icons in a team (too many full icons team., kills the fun of having icons)
    - Bronze and Silver Leagues (instead of being pretty much useless)
    - POTM for each of the 5 big leagues instead of League SBCs for those.
    - A real friendly season, against more than on friend with a table and such.

For the rest of the game :
    - More interaction in Player Career mode (a mix with the Journey?)

Post edited by ksennheis on
  • would be super cool if you can train your FUT squad like in manager mode and also more commentators like Arlo White and Ray Hudson, please make this happen EA
  • Tuhoops
    1 posts Ball Boy
    New Game Mode! Listen up y'all this one is good!

•Classics Mode
    • Replay all of your favourite, most memorable games!
    • Pele's first WC Win
    • 2005 UEFACL Final - Liverpool vs. AC Milan
    • Germany's 7-0 rout of Brazil in the 2014 WC
    • And more!
    • In "Play Now" Tab, new section titled "Classic Teams" with all of the greatest teams ever assembled, like 2004 Arsenal, 1989 AC Milan, 1956 Manchester United, 2009 FC Barcelona, and more!
  • dodo412
    1 posts Ball Boy
    save replays!
  • Guys in fifa 19 I hope we will have Liga 1 from Romania ...
  • MartinKusev
    47 posts Park Captain
    Manual passing, shooting, through balls, crossing and lob passing for competitive modes like online seasons, fut online seasons and fut champions. Now its like Mortal Kombat combo in the right time!
  • Yuba
    2 posts Ball Boy
    I want more asian national team in fifa19
  • Yuba
    2 posts Ball Boy
    especially japan , south korea, iran ....
  • sweethim
    5 posts Ball Boy
    edited August 2018
    I've already done a post regarding career mode now here's my opinion about what needs to be improved in gameplay to make the game real enjoyable and exciting:

GOALKEEPERS
    The animations are poor regarding the goalkeepers. Its not looking like in real life, they look real stiff and arms movement are strange and not as fluid as it should.
    Hasn't ea used real goalkeepers for these animations? Something's gone badly wrong in this section. In PES18 they've got more overall good and realistic goalkeeper movements /animations in contrast.

Goalkeepers shouldn't be able to grab hard shots in the top corner, and also for the game to be exciting to play they should also let more rebounds, and not just the same kind of rebounds. Rebounds straight out in the penalty area for an attacker to snatch up is very uncommon. They are also bad at saving low-end shots, that should also be improved with more variation. Also mistakes like getting a red card for bringing an attacker down should be a bit more present in the game.

REFEREES
    Are quite good but some descisions are strange. Quite often they give away a certain 'cheap' foul wich rather is a nice and fair body contact and the play should therefore go on without any free kick. And their must be some more variation in descisions.

SHOTS
    Bouncing balls and curved shots high and low during play must be easier to perform. In free kicks you can for example curve but during match not that often.
    Also shooting (hard) outside the penalty box with many players in the box often (8/10) results in an defender shielding the ball. In corner scenarios if you finally manage to get to goal with your shot then a defender almost every time saves the shot at the goal line. You should more easier sneak through a shot and hit someting else than a defender..

DEFENDERS
    If defenders would make a bit more mistakes in penalty box when a lot of players are gaddering around then it would be a oppurtunity to make a goal from nowhere.

TEAM TACTICS
    I don't feel that players are responding to given instructions. If you're in an attacking display quite often you've been let alone in attack with no other team mate rushing on the flanks or backing up the attack.

RESPONS
    The players don't respond that fast to your controller commands often resulting in losing the ball to the opponents or missing a golden oppurtunity to score.
    Post edited by sweethim on