Toxicity

Advait
14502 posts Has That Special Something
The overpowering competitive nature of this game has pushed people to disappointing and disgusting extremes to win games.

From no loss glitches to annoying play style and exploits and avoiding other good players in FUTchamps. Many more but you know em.
Some people are taking this affair far too seriously and making a supposed fun-stress-reliever a toxic unnerving experience.

This is a reminder to try and enjoy the game and put the controller down when it makes you want to pluck your hair. Let this be a relaxing experience, simulating the beautiful game (at least trying) that we all love.
Take the losses and try not to get mad and win respectfully.

Cheers and happy FIFA

Comments

• M_Baller_15
    642 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Oh, I came here thinking you were talking about my BAC after a night of playing FIFA!
  • Advait
    Oh, I came here thinking you were talking about my BAC after a night of playing FIFA!

:D
  • Tommygunn
    1967 posts Fans' Favourite
    I’ve pretty much quit WL as it’s just horrible. I’ll maybe play once a month but the start game pause put meta winger upfront play ptb and try and counter is pretty soul destroying
  • You know what i just realised reading your post...all pros etc say rewards should be tiered ie you finish higher you get better players in the packs...

This community is so competitive and unoriginal..for a few extra packs...imagine what would happen if the actual player rewards were tiered...catch 22 that
  • Advait
    You know what i just realised reading your post...all pros etc say rewards should be tiered ie you finish higher you get better players in the packs...

This community is so competitive and unoriginal..for a few extra packs...imagine what would happen if the actual player rewards were tiered...catch 22 that

Oh boy
    I'd best not put my mind to it
  • Pepe Le DiLzZ
    11784 posts Has That Special Something
    Everyone thinks and tries to play like a pro player.
  • Baznotsobad76
    5062 posts Big Money Move
    Advait wrote: »
    The overpowering competitive nature of this game has pushed people to disappointing and disgusting extremes to win games.

From no loss glitches to annoying play style and exploits and avoiding other good players in FUTchamps. Many more but you know em.
    Some people are taking this affair far too seriously and making a supposed fun-stress-reliever a toxic unnerving experience.

This is a reminder to try and enjoy the game and put the controller down when it makes you want to pluck your hair. Let this be a relaxing experience, simulating the beautiful game (at least trying) that we all love.

Cheers and happy FIFA

Very wise words...
  • Pepe Le DiLzZ
    Game isn't ready for esport with soo many flaws.
  • snoikdonk
    1504 posts Play-Off Hero
    What hair?
  • JPRM71
    1893 posts Fans' Favourite
    Well said @Advait

Sadly the new breed of Fifa player will carry on regardless.

They’ve got no class these days
  • Pepe Le DiLzZ
    Pressure 20
    Aggression 70+
    Set to counter attacking
    High pressure
    Ultra def or Ptb.

Done
  • Angy
    2572 posts Fans' Favourite

Cheers and happy FIFA

We really need this in the community. It has become worse than last year. People just have no respect for the opponent this year. Worse is...the attitude has passed onto other modes as well...including single matches. Am actually done with the game. Will stick to friendlies for sometime.
  • Advait

Cheers and happy FIFA

Very wise words...
    JPRM71 wrote: »
    Well said @Advait

Sadly the new breed of Fifa player will carry on regardless.

They’ve got no class these days

:)
  • Advait
    Angy wrote: »

Cheers and happy FIFA

We really need this in the community. It has become worse than last year. People just have no respect for the opponent this year. Worse is...the attitude has passed onto other modes as well...including single matches. Am actually done with the game. Will stick to friendlies for sometime.

That's a good call. Keep the fun alive
  • Advait
    Game isn't ready for esport with soo many flaws.

Essence
  • Advait
    I personally have no frustrations or ill will
    Looking for some new game...
    Is fortnite a good option m
  • iRusty_yo
    1361 posts Professional
    You know what i just realised reading your post...all pros etc say rewards should be tiered ie you finish higher you get better players in the packs...

Last year I was part of all of the WL’s and it was.. testing.

Due to it this year I’ve barely played in WL when I qualify each time and having time on the weekend.

I play at max 5 WL games, this past weekend was an exception and played till I reached 11
  • nextqprmanager
    2323 posts Fans' Favourite
    I personally have no frustrations or ill will
    Looking for some new game...
    Is fortnite a good option m

Luckily I am playing lower season matches - all quite friendly
    my Sons play Fortnite & it seems fun & is free !!
  • Idek
    3504 posts National Call-Up
    Nobody plays champs for fun, they play it for the rewards
  • Springveldt
    2633 posts Fans' Favourite
    Pressure 20
    Aggression 70+
    Set to counter attacking
    High pressure
    Ultra def or Ptb.

Done

Would that High pressure quick setting not override the Pressure 20, Aggression 70+ setting?

Shows how little we really know about the game when we have been playing it for years yet have to ask a basic question like this.
  • hayhor1
    11625 posts Has That Special Something
    yer maw
  • SJR440
    3253 posts National Call-Up
    Amen @Advait.
    Amen.
  • Pepe Le DiLzZ
    Pressure 20
    Aggression 70+
    Set to counter attacking
    High pressure
    Ultra def or Ptb.

Done

Would that High pressure quick setting not override the Pressure 20, Aggression 70+ setting?

Shows how little we really know about the game when we have been playing it for years yet have to ask a basic question like this.

It should but it doesn't, the whole thing is flawed. I'd remove ptb, all out attack, nerf counter attacking a touch and remove chem cards. (that's just the gameplay) the servers need upgrading its a **** joke, you could go 3/4 games dominating doesn't matter who you play or what team they have followed by the stuck in the mud gameplay. If there ever was a inconsistent game it'll be fifa.
  • Damo_Suzuki
    1097 posts Professional
    I play it to in theory test myself competitively as well as the rewards. For me, competition is about winning and/or improving. It is fun if it is fair and losing is part of improving. Unfortunately the amount of delay means you cant really test yourself competitively or fairly. I can cope with people abusing and exploiting game mechanics just not the delay that makes it unfair.
  • Pepe Le DiLzZ
    I play it to in theory test myself competitively as well as the rewards. For me, competition is about winning and/or improving. It is fun if it is fair and losing is part of improving. Unfortunately the amount of delay means you cant really test yourself competitively or fairly. I can cope with people abusing and exploiting game mechanics just not the delay that makes it unfair.

I've lost count of the amount of games I've lost due to total ****.
  • Dasco
    6065 posts Big Money Move
    Idek wrote: »
    Nobody plays champs for fun, they play it for the rewards

That may well be true, however fun/enjoyment & motivation play a part too.

I'm stopping after this month if my 5th elite monthly pack this year has nothing over 86 or usable as my motivation is monthly rewards.

Think next month is a 5 week month too for wl
  • Advait
    hayhor1 wrote: »
    yer maw

Gargles my j
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88
    9731 posts Has That Special Something
    Well said, I played a couple of weeks of WL and tbh, hated the experience. It's a shambles and I blame EA not us consumers. They've made a game were in a competitive mode you have to play a certain way to be successful. I'm glad I'm not playing WL but now I'm starting to think that if I only play SB (which is boring AF after a while) then I'm not sure how long it will take me to actually improve my team now. For me, FIFA is dying right in front our eyes, some see it. Some don't.
  • Dado BL
    1259 posts Professional

Cheers and happy FIFA

Very wise words...

• hayhor1
    11625 posts Has That Special Something
    .............is a great SOAD album................