Paris FC | Nintendo Switch | August Update

Stlducks
10422 posts Has That Special Something
edited February 2018
First time starting a career on the Switch version of FIFA. I decided to use a team/league I have never played before so I am starting in the French Ligue 2 as Paris FC. The only bad thing about the Switch is as of now, they do not have the ability to record FIFA gameplay but picture are still possible.

Who are Paris FC?
Paris Football Club (commonly referred to as PFC) is a French association football club based in Paris. The club was founded in 1969 and competes in Ligue 2, the second level of French football. Paris plays its home matches at the Stade Charléty located in the 13th arrondissement of Paris.

In an effort to re-launch professional football in the city of Paris, Paris Football Club was founded on 1 August 1969. The objective of the club was to be playing in the first division by 1970. An attempted merger with CS Sedan Ardennes was refused so Paris went looking in the second division and, subsequently, merged with Stade Saint-Germain to form Paris Saint-Germain, the professional club that plays in Ligue 1. The current incarnation of Paris FC came into being in 1972 when the club split from Paris Saint-Germain after coming under pressure from the capital city's mayor, who refused to support a non-Parisian club (the club had originally been situated in nearby Saint-Germain-en-Laye). As a result, a bitter split occurred and both Paris FC and Paris Saint-Germain remained as separate football club with the main agreement being that Paris FC had the right to keep the splitting entity's first division and professional status, as well as all the professional players. Paris Saint-Germain were, on the other hand, administratively relegated to the third division and given all the former entity's amateur players.

In 2016/17 season PFC played a promotional playoff against US Orleans but lost in 2 legs.

DWnONAxU8AA45JY.jpg
Post edited by Stlducks on

Comments

• Stlducks
    DWnPUvEU0AEpgkh.jpg
    DWh59r9VMAA8Hkt.jpg
  • Stlducks
    DWnGZolUQAAG0OU.jpg
    DWh8DuvU8AABBOE.jpg
  • Stlducks
    DWh1kPeVwAICLui.jpg
  • ASdoZeR
    1362 posts Professional
    Interesting team choice and the will to go for it on the Switch. I just played Fifa 06 I think on the Nintendo DS back in the days.
    Great start to the season. Team is looking solid at the back, overlooking the mistake in game 1, which is a good basis for the season. Go for turning around the balance of power within Paris some day :D
  • Danimal5981
    3473 posts National Call-Up
    I like the match report - aesthetically nice due to its simplicity, something I tend to do as well.
    Nice team choice as well.
  • subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    Nice story and interesting pick. It's nice to see a story based on the French league. Hoping for promotion and the derby against Qatar Saint Germain. ;)

Good results to start the season. You definitely took the best out of 3 goals in 3 matches. It speaks well of the defensive performance.

Good luck!
  • DonGabriel
    934 posts Semi-Pro
    edited February 2018
    Looking forward to your thread and as subpop said, to the derby against P$G.
    Nice graphics by the way.
  • Greenman019
    2745 posts Fans' Favourite
    Nice graphics again. Hopefully you'll have less trouble with this one mate. Good luck.
  • Stlducks
    ASdoZeR wrote: »
    Interesting team choice and the will to go for it on the Switch. I just played Fifa 06 I think on the Nintendo DS back in the days.
    Great start to the season. Team is looking solid at the back, overlooking the mistake in game 1, which is a good basis for the season. Go for turning around the balance of power within Paris some day :D

Thanks, this is my first handheld device and I must say it's better than expected.
    I like the match report - aesthetically nice due to its simplicity, something I tend to do as well.
    Nice team choice as well.

Thank you! I'm a big fan of your graphics. After going into a lot of detail on my last careers, I decided to make it more simple this time.
    subpop wrote: »
    Nice story and interesting pick. It's nice to see a story based on the French league. Hoping for promotion and the derby against Qatar Saint Germain. ;)

Good results to start the season. You definitely took the best out of 3 goals in 3 matches. It speaks well of the defensive performance.

Good luck!

I thought about the derby when I picked this team, though I'm trying not to look too far ahead!
    DonGabriel wrote: »
    Looking forward to your thread and as subpop said, to the derby against P$G.
    Nice graphics by the way.

Thank you!
    Nice graphics again. Hopefully you'll have less trouble with this one mate. Good luck.

If a brand new Switch gives me issues, I'm done.
  • JoshDFC
    2146 posts Fans' Favourite
    Very interesting team choice hopefully we can see you get a promotion for the classic Money vs Minnows derby. Nice start with two wins and a draw from your opening fixtures
  • Stlducks
    DW0pq13VMAEzDh1.jpg
    DW0p0aQU0AAMzO-.jpg
  • Greenman019
    edited February 2018
    That's a hell of a 19 minute period for him :o Great win. Be nice to be drawn against a big team in the next round, test the team out a bit.
  • Stlducks
    DW5cyq4UMAA5DQ6.jpg
    DW5cyq2VMAAwHzb.jpg

Paris FC finish the month with back to back 2 goal draws

Luigi's first month in charge has ended with his side being in back to back 4 goal draws as the side have still not put together a solid attacking and defensive performance. "It seems like they are still figuring it out. Luigi needs to adjust his tactics better and players need to execute. One game they defend like a championship team, but then they can't put two passes together. The next game they are the best looking attacking team in the league but defend like a non-league side. PFC need to find consistency if they want to be promoted." One scout said of the side. But Luigi is not yet worried about the results.

"We went the whole month without a loss, that's a good start. I'd like the see those draws turn into wins, especially the ones we gave up a lead but I'm confident things will turn around. These next few days we are going to focus on wrapping up the transfer window and then see the type of squad we have."
  • Stlducks
    DW5cyq1V4AAeIwh.jpg
    DW5cyq0V4AUSPHb.jpg

(I'm not just a pizza lover, the actual website for Ligue 2 standings has pizza around it.. :) )
  • subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    Despite the last couple of draws, the start of the season has been pretty good. Even in these draws, you took the lead twice.

Early in the season, but there are positive signals around the team. Only time will say if Paris FC is ready to fight for promotion, but these early stages of the season are good.
  • Nice start of the season. Dembele can really make the difference in your squad and interesting that you brought Nouri to Paris FC, what a brilliant boy he could be :( .
  • ASdoZeR
    1362 posts Professional
    Really solid run of games. Also the draws are acceptable. The offense really shows that they are in good shape especially Dembele. Now it's up to your defense to get everything sorted and win the games for the team.
  • Greenman019
    That Pizza looks delicious :o

Hopefully you can start working on shoring up the defence. Attack seems to be operating well.

• ale1985bg
    395 posts Sunday League Hero
    That Pizza looks delicious :o
    Indeed it does.
    As a player that attempted (and failed) a career with Red Star last year, I wish you all the best!