you know you play too much fifa when...

yerwaltz
4078 posts National Call-Up
your left middle finger looks like you smashed it, but really its just callused from using the left trigger lol.

seriously looks soo weird, the whole side of that finger has a huge, squishy lump lol. Anyone else?

Also my left thumb is pretty much trashed as well, the damn left rubber part to the left analog stick wore out ages ago and i super glued it back together, so its like hard plastic lol. My hands have been killing me last few weeks but it finally looks like the pain is over lol.

Comments

• Knowlesdinho
    15133 posts World Class
    Out of interest, are you left handed? Just wondering about these callouses!
  • yerwaltz
    no im not actually @Knowlesdinho no idea why my left middle finger gets so worked like that! the right middle finger is looking pretty normal lol. If i could only post a pic.

just thought it was funny.
  • Peter
    26887 posts Player of the Year
    Who was it that posted a picture of proper manky hands that FIFA had given them?

Was a few years back.
  • yerwaltz
    edited February 2018
    Peter wrote: »
    Who was it that posted a picture of proper manky hands that FIFA had given them?

Was a few years back.

ahh im not the only one! probably just a bit behind everyone else , i didn't seriously get into fifa until last year, and up until the last few weeks didn't play nearly as much. Hands were killing me but like i said im all good now lol
  • benny_powers
    1406 posts Play-Off Hero
    :#
    214960c4c8a3fc43600c38828101b24c.jpg
  • Knowlesdinho
    15133 posts World Class
    I do think that our generation will suffer with gamer hand!

I can see myself sat in an old folks home with my hands in front of me looking like I’m gripping a controller and shouting random obscenities at people about Bakayoko.
  • benny_powers
    1406 posts Play-Off Hero
    classic fifa finger :D
  • yerwaltz

I can see myself sat in an old folks home with my hands in front of me looking like I’m gripping a controller and shouting random obscenities at people about Bakayoko.

omfg i know right? and that bit about bakaYuko was great lolol.

Seriously though, i think gaming companies need to take responsibility! Between working on a computer all day typing and then fifa, i will seriously be that guy @Knowlesdinho
  • yerwaltz
    edited February 2018
    classic fifa finger :D

haha there ya go! its definitely a thing , i see
  • Daveofwales01
    8448 posts League Winner
    ......when you're wife says you were talking in your sleep, I asked what I said and she said "I wouldn't pay that for him, but if he was a bit cheaper I'd go all in"
  • yerwaltz
    ......when you're wife says you were talking in your sleep, I asked what I said and she said "I wouldn't pay that for him, but if he was a bit cheaper I'd go all in"

:joy::joy:
  • Maverick
    10355 posts Has That Special Something
    You use your middle finger to press the trigger?
  • yerwaltz
    Maverick wrote: »
    I do actually, leaving my "pointer" fingers for the lb/rb.
  • DoD_Jester
    27291 posts Player of the Year
    edited February 2018

I've actually had something like this happen

According my my missus I spent part of one night not long after release listing names with numbers (I can only imagine I was going through spreadsheets in my sleep) like a slaver :joy:
  • Bob_Dylan
    21308 posts Club Captain

:D
  • yerwaltz
    DoD_Jester wrote: »

According my my missus I spent part of one night not long after release listing names with numbers (I can only imagine I was going through spreadsheets in my sleep) like a slaver :joy:

my ex would say i would talk in my sleep but never confirmed it was fifa related - but now i think I've solved the case lol what else would i be thinking about, seriously?
  • Santiago
    21531 posts Club Captain
    yerwaltz wrote: »

Is this common? Seems uncomfortable to me.
    I use the pointer for both
  • DoD_Jester
    27291 posts Player of the Year
    edited February 2018

my ex would say i would talk in my sleep but never confirmed it was fifa related - but now i think I've solved the case lol what else would i be thinking about, seriously?

In fairness, I've also spoken about gineau pigs in my sleep and even one time started talking about another woman(luckily my mrs knows I ain't the type or that would have been a big issue)

So I really don't mind talking about fifa whilst I'm out of it, hate to imagine the other things my sleep filled brain might say given the right opportunity :joy:
  • yerwaltz
    Santiago wrote: »

not sure honestly, it just comes natural for me lol. I like having the ability to quickly switch from shielding to lb dribbing etc., without happening to take a finger off
  • yerwaltz

In fairness, I've also spoken about gineau pigs in my sleep and even one time started talking about another woman(luckily my mrs knows I ain't the type or that would have been a big issue)

So I really don't mind talking about fifa whilst I'm out of it, hate to imagine the other things my sleep filled brain might say given the right opportunity :joy:

oh man this is great lol :lol:
  • Knowlesdinho
    15133 posts World Class

When I’ve had beer, my wife says I talk like a sailor in my sleep.

• Daveofwales01
    8448 posts League Winner

not sure honestly, it just comes natural for me lol. I like having the ability to quickly switch from shielding to lb dribbing etc., without happening to take a finger off

I switched to doing this a few months before the end of 17, at first it feels weird and unnatural but now it's second nature and I feel the transition is smoother between sprinting and drag backs etc
  • Daveofwales01
    8448 posts League Winner

:D we are such addicts, in normal circumstances we'd have a support worker, hence we come here to ❤️❤️❤️❤️ about/celebrate fifa
  • benny_powers
    1406 posts Play-Off Hero
    hi my name is....
  • TheMenezLover
    1793 posts Play-Off Hero
    Jesus guys!!!
  • SebCFC123
    7342 posts Big Money Move
    Yh I get that on my right middle finger
  • Nervous_Nick
    7219 posts League Winner

Hahaha brilliant !!! :D
  • yerwaltz
    edited February 2018

When I’ve had beer, my wife says I talk like a sailor in my sleep.

Arrr ya ready kids!

Oh man u seriously always make me crack the fk up.
  • yerwaltz

I switched to doing this a few months before the end of 17, at first it feels weird and unnatural but now it's second nature and I feel the transition is smoother between sprinting and drag backs etc
    Yep that's the idea, exactly.
  • Pogba
    3494 posts National Call-Up
    I have that same thing on my left middle finger as well. Actually has improved, but now just looks like loose skin.