Best RCM for 41212(2)?

Danic123
2263 posts Fans' Favourite
So I play 41212 narrow.

I normally play Pogba there, but he has a low output for goals & assists. I’ve recently noticed that bringing on an attacking player for Pogba seems to add a bit more to my team.

What with the RCM switching to CAM sometimes, I’m wondering if I should ditch Pogba and bring someone else in. Would probs have to be prem player, but I’m open for ideas just to get an idea of what I should be looking for.

Comments

• poiuz88i
    88 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I dont really feel that CMs are important for attack. What I mean is they are necessary but not as important as the front three.
    May be it is due to my play style , what my CMs do are just holding and passing, they rarely shoot. So pogba works well for me as he is strong and is a good passer.
    If you need cm to attack, you may try 87 firmino or de bruyne.

• Danic123
    Cheers mate :smile:
  • Il THE WOLF lI
    4683 posts National Call-Up
    Use Ox's CM card there, for the price he was fantastic there and switched to CAM incredibly well when I needed him to.
  • Guininho
    255 posts Sunday League Hero
    I’m playing that formation now, just switched from 4231 because I bought Matthaus last weekend and he isn’t that good as a CDM.

My Midfield atm is Matthaus LCM Petit CDM and IF Pogba RCM, but like you said, Pogba is not worth his price tag this year at all. Have untradeable Arturo Vidal and I really like him more than Pogba tbh.

How does your team look like?
  • LeonidasJB
    15028 posts World Class
    IF Lanzini for a CAM.
    So much fun.

IF Ox could work as a mix from CM to CAM.
  • murazor
    7860 posts League Winner
    Lothar
  • Danic123
    LeonidasJB wrote: »
    IF Lanzini for a CAM.
    So much fun.

IF Ox could work as a mix from CM to CAM.

I have RTG Ox but he’s a winger. Might try him there though.
  • Danic123
    Guininho wrote: »
    I’m playing that formation now, just switched from 4231 because I bought Matthaus last weekend and he isn’t that good as a CDM.

My Midfield atm is Matthaus LCM Petit CDM and IF Pogba RCM, but like you said, Pogba is not worth his price tag this year at all. Have untradeable Arturo Vidal and I really like him more than Pogba tbh.

How does your team look like?

I play Suarez CAM, FUTMAS Herrera LCM, Prime Rijkaard CDM & NIF Pogba at RCM.

It’s a good midfield, just think something is lacking. I find Pogba CAM quite a bit, but for the numbers he’s posting up, doesn’t seem like he’s doing much. In fairness, I have a shadow card on him. Might try a hunter card on him and see what happens.