Corner kicks - which players go in the box?

jdros
2569 posts Fans' Favourite
I searched, didn't find a thread on this...Currently I can't get TOTY Ramos into the box for an offensive corner - changed when I added Prime Rijkaard and Prime Larsson and ever since he won't join in the fun.

TOTY Ramos has the highest possible heading stats in the game (but not height). For some reason Larsson is now my front post guy instead of Gullit (who was a much better header of the ball) and Ramos either hangs outside the box or at midfield. I tried messing around with formations yesterday to see if that would do anything, didn't work. Might delete the squad and rebuild, haven't done that yet.

1. Has anyone ever figured out the formula?
2. How can someone with 99 Heading / Jumping not "qualify" to be in the box for a corner
3. Why can't we pick who goes in the box?

Comments

• DarthGrowler
    14595 posts Has That Special Something
    Been wondering this myself for a while
  • Andybelfast
    10935 posts Has That Special Something
    Been wondering this myself for a while

• Ulook92
    12905 posts Has That Special Something
    Yeah it annoys me the players that do or dont get in the box.
  • DoD_Jester
    26344 posts Player of the Year
    Larsson is now my front post also, want mvb back there
  • BuffonJuve93
    1174 posts Professional
    It annoys me that SIF Milinkovic stays next to the keeper for corners. It's ridiculous, he never scores there.
  • Libguy
    4853 posts National Call-Up
    I don't know. Could be rng. I'd say that most of the time my striker is at the near post. Though I was playing a game a few days ago and TOTY Ramos was there and I was like "Yes! That's where you should be!"

What drives me crazy is a lot of the time one of my CBs is right outside the box. So they can't get their head on the ball and they pick up anything that gets kicked out . . . but they can't shoot or dribble or pass that well? That would be the absolute worst place for them, right?
  • Diggy
    13633 posts Has That Special Something
    For attacking near post corners it puts the player with the highest combined ‘jumping’ & ‘heading accuracy’

What it does for defensive corners I have no idea

But I’m sure EA are trolling me because 9/10 it’s 5’6” Roberto Carlos t
  • TwoZebras
    5320 posts Big Money Move
    I had a game in WL yesterday with a corner and neither Chiellini or Desailly where in the box :D

But no let's put Florenzi near post
  • jdros
    2569 posts Fans' Favourite
    Diggy wrote: »
    For attacking near post corners it puts the player with the highest combined ‘jumping’ & ‘heading accuracy’

no, it doesn't. Here is my current team as of right now before I swap players around in game:

Untitled.jpg

I use Costa as the corner taker. I used to have Costa play CM, Rijkaard took that spot and for chem reasons I've shifted spots around - Overmars moves to STR, Gullit to CAM, Bale to LM, Costa to RM. Ramos has the highest possible Jumping / Heading Accuracy in the game, doesn't go in the box any longer. Larsson has good stats (96H, 92J) but Ramos' are better.

I've scored a ton of goals on corners, not going to the near post - I have guys who are great headers in the middle as well. Overmars is taking Ramos' spot now though...neither he or Bale are going in to the middle. I'm fine with Bale being outside, but Ramos needs to be in there obviously, it's part of his value.

May try shifting around starting positions. I even tried switching to attacking / ultra attacking last night just to see. Couldn't get Ramos into the box unless I was in All Out Attack.

This is really bothering me.
  • FootyFootyFootball
    2678 posts Fans' Favourite
    No idea how this works, but luckily (generally) my CR7 is in a good position.

What I would like to be able to change is who is in the box and who lurks on the edge. So frustrating to have Overmars attacking a header and TOTY Bonucci picking up the pieces on the edge of the box.
  • Orison
    48691 posts FIFA Cover Star
    jdros wrote: »

no, it doesn't. Here is my current team as of right now before I swap players around in game:

Might use the NIF stats to determine it. Same way as the attack/midfield/defense rating you see when searching for single matches uses the NIF ratings despite you having special cards.
  • Idek
    10299 posts Has That Special Something
    Corners are just a mess in this game for the person attacking, ends up being a better goal scoring opportunity for the defender half the time because of how the entire team of the attacker brainlessly go too far up the pitch leaving you wide open to be countered
  • LeonidasJB
    15028 posts World Class
    My Koscielny always hangs outside the box!!
    Annoys me.
    Someone like ADP or Bobby Carlos goes in the box and Koscielny sits outside, should be the other way round!!
  • Sercs
    18672 posts World Class
    formation and attacking setting e.g. ultra attack etc

I think the LCM goes front post in a 4231 when defending corners..

Felt the pain when I had IF Allan / Matuidi in my sides
  • Choepiechakie
    31577 posts National Team Captain
    LeonidasJB wrote: »
    My Koscielny always hangs outside the box!!
    Annoys me.
    Someone like ADP or Bobby Carlos goes in the box and Koscielny sits outside, should be the other way round!!

Same everytime my azpi picks up the ball around there, absolutely useless.

How about fks from midfield, the closest person to pass the ball towards is a cb ffs
  • Diggy
    13633 posts Has That Special Something
    edited February 2018
    Orison wrote: »

Might use the NIF stats to determine it. Same way as the attack/midfield/defense rating you see when searching for single matches uses the NIF ratings despite you having special cards.

I’ve done some testing @Orison & me are correct it takes NIF stats
  • mjs4p
    11092 posts Has That Special Something
    On this point, I added Pele to my team and now he's at the near post (because of high combined jumping and heading accuracy), but am I even going to win headers with him being 5'8" while I have Henry (6'2") and Vieira (6'4") now in other areas? Should I just have Pele take corners?
  • LeonidasJB
    15028 posts World Class
    mjs4p wrote: »
    On this point, I added Pele to my team and now he's at the near post (because of high combined jumping and heading accuracy), but am I even going to win headers with him being 5'8" while I have Henry (6'2") and Vieira (6'4") now in other areas? Should I just have Pele take corners?

I would make Pele take them, see what happens.
  • TheMenezLover
    1781 posts Play-Off Hero
    Use LB and manually move the player you want
  • yerwaltz
    4078 posts National Call-Up
    Use LB and manually move the player you want

true but what if Ramos is holding the back line?

OP this is a really really good question that should good to @Absting159 thread!
  • Absting159
    6820 posts Moderator
    Noted!!
  • yerwaltz
    edited February 2018
    Orison wrote: »

similar to how u don't see the correct special cards stats when assigning a FK, PK or corner kick taker. Just the nif stats. Drives me mad lol.
  • Currieman
    4953 posts National Call-Up
    This is one part of the game that is really broken. I have Benatia and Bailly as my CBs. For attacking corners Benatia is always in the box at the back post and Bailly is always on the edge of the box picking up the stray balls that come out. I don't want him there.

I wish you could choose who you had in the box.

• yerwaltz
    Currieman wrote: »
    This is one part of the game that is really broken. I have Benatia and Bailly as my CBs. For attacking corners Benatia is always in the box at the back post and Bailly is always on the edge of the box picking up the stray balls that come out. I don't want him there.

This needs to be changed, IMO asap. I'll deal with d-pad delay until next year if I have to!
  • P
    7608 posts League Winner
    Libguy wrote: »
    What drives me crazy is a lot of the time one of my CBs is right outside the box. So they can't get their head on the ball and they pick up anything that gets kicked out . . . but they can't shoot or dribble or pass that well? That would be the absolute worst place for them, right?

This is me. Literally think this everytime the ball comes out to Rio (possibly my best player at heading) at the edge.
  • TerryTenMen
    92 posts Park Captain
    Can someone answer me a slightly different question... I play with the defensive preset at the start of the game, before this weekend, it would put my left back and right back level with my box for my goal kicks, so it was impossible for the short pass to be cut off by opposition strikers, yet this week, when I set it to defensive they seem to stay a lot further up
  • FootyFootyFootball
    edited February 2018
    The guy who said the front post man is a combination of heading accuracy and jumping stats could be on to something.

Normally Ronaldo is always on the front post for me, just put my loan larsson on and now he's on the front post (and CR7 comes short for corners now which is really annoying).

Larsson
    Jumping 92
    Head acc. 96

Ronaldo
    Jumping 95
    Head acc. 88

I'd prefer to have Ronaldo there to be honest because of how many goals he scores from there.
  • Absting159
    6820 posts Moderator
    yerwaltz wrote: »
    Currieman wrote: »

This needs to be changed, IMO asap. I'll deal with d-pad delay until next year if I have to!

This is fixed in the patch next week!!! Lol.
  • FootyFootyFootball
    Can someone answer me a slightly different question... I play with the defensive preset at the start of the game, before this weekend, it would put my left back and right back level with my box for my goal kicks, so it was impossible for the short pass to be cut off by opposition strikers, yet this week, when I set it to defensive they seem to stay a lot further up

Not noticed this as I don't go defensive, but if you press LT you'll call your team back and allow you a safer pass
  • Currieman
    4953 posts National Call-Up
    Not directly related but also something that bugs me is the AI defending on counter attacks from corners.

It is shocking. I score and concede so many goals from counter attacks from corners because the AI defenders don't run back at full pace or sometimes just get out of the way of the attackers :lol: