If I am holding sprint running away from a defender who is the behind me

CoachDavio
649 posts An Exciting Prospect
edited February 2018
how the bleep is he tackling the ball from behind me?
If the defender tries to steal the ball with his momentum going away from the goal and I am sprinting the opposit way how the hellfire does he turn on a dime and catch me from behind?
More than any forbidden words in the game this is what is making it my last fifa. I fell in love with the game as a substitute to my actual athletic career as I got too old to play as much any more. But when the game defies laws of space and time it is just stupid and loses any point.
Anything else that drives people crazy?
(Besides forbidden words, pausing formation switchers, connectivity, pack weights or the lack of ICON)

Comments

• CoachDavio
    Not to mention goalies jumping the opposite way on pens, shots not going where the replay shows I pressed.
    Passes not going where the replay showed I pressed.
    RNG it’s in the game.
    But nothing drives me crazy like the defenders changing momentum faster than a sprinting player.
  • UoD
    434 posts Sunday League Hero
    Mate, put the controller down and take a break.
  • CoachDavio
    UoD wrote: »
    Mate, put the controller down and take a break.
    I didn’t ask for advice. I asked if there are any other things you find maddening. This is supposed to be a football games, so how can someone reach between my legs and steal it when I am sprinting the opposite way? Ever see THAT in the champions league?
  • Xtc
    5186 posts Big Money Move
    the animations around the transfer of possession should be ignored. Often they make no sense. Just look at it this way, the game decided to give him the ball...
  • CoachDavio
    Xtc wrote: »
    the animations around the transfer of possession should be ignored. Often they make no sense. Just look at it this way, the game decided to give him the ball...
    That’s even worse! It’s a logical conclusion but since I have been assured that doesn’t happen I was hoping for another explanation.
  • jamiebbbbb
    57 posts Park Captain
    Tap L2 whenever he presses tackle
  • FinneganFach
    2123 posts Fans' Favourite
    Because FIFA.

There's no logic to it. People complain that pace is too powerful so EA make it easier for chasing defenders.

Just don't expect them game to make sense in the context of actual football and you'll enjoy it much more. It is what it is.

You won't be moaning about it when your donkey Cahill or whatever somehow catches up to Salah.
  • Mdx
    2691 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited February 2018
    When u blast it.. goalkeeper dive saves out of position.. ball falls straight in the path of your unmarked overmars who is in the box...
    but he suddenly puts the brakes on like he's on a treadmill ... followed by bakayoko running from midfield to intercept the ball.

When ur winning like 3-0 then you can't get nowhere near... your opponents players each have some magnetic shield around them preventing you from defending.
    Meaning you can't do anyth8ng and will either draw or lose the game.

When your winning by 1 goal and on the 85h min your players can't pass to save there lives.. a simple pass will go straight to the opponent who will then have flawless passing including 1 that will go through 6 of my players and fall perfectly to there striker who will score on that 90th minute.
  • byronw1983
    1610 posts Play-Off Hero
    Mdx wrote: »
    When u blast it.. goalkeeper dive saves out of position.. ball falls straight in the path of your unmarked overmars who is in the box...
    but he suddenly puts the brakes on like he's on a treadmill ... followed by bakayoko running from midfield to intercept the ball.

When ur winning like 3-0 then you can't get nowhere near... your opponents players each have some magnetic shield around them preventing you from defending.
    Meaning you can't do anyth8ng and will either draw or lose the game.

When your winning by 1 goal and on the 85h min your players can't pass to save there lives.. a simple pass will go straight to the opponent who will then have flawless passing including 1 that will go through 6 of my players and fall perfectly to there striker who will score on that 90th minute.

Lol every time!
  • maksi
    6616 posts Big Money Move
    Mdx wrote: »
    dramatic moments

• antoniolafortezza
    191 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Because you can't run as fast with the ball than someone without it
  • Behnam_12
    402 posts Sunday League Hero
    Crack your controller wide open. Trust me, you'll feel way better
  • mdizzl3
    12417 posts Has That Special Something
    CoachDavio wrote: »
    If the defender tries to steal the ball with his momentum going away from the goal and I am sprinting the opposit way how the hellfire does he turn on a dime and catch me from behind?
    More than any forbidden words in the game this is what is making it my last fifa. I fell in love with the game as a substitute to my actual athletic career as I got too old to play as much any more. But when the game defies laws of space and time it is just stupid and loses any point.
    (Besides forbidden words, pausing formation switchers, connectivity, pack weights or the lack of ICON)

I feel like moaning threads are becoming too repetitive. I used to really enjoy logging on here to read them, now I'm like, meh.
  • CoachDavio
    Because you can't run as fast with the ball than someone without it
    People also can’t reach through bodies to make tackles of the ball on the other side of people. Usually when you tackle from behind it’s a foul. I don’t say he caught up to me and jockeyed me off. He ran up my backsides and tackled the ball through me. But thanks for your insight

• CoachDavio
    jamiebbbbb wrote: »

Yeah, that only works sometimes
  • CoachDavio
    mdizzl3 wrote: »

I feel like moaning threads are becoming too repetitive. I used to really enjoy logging on here to read them, now I'm like, meh.

My favorite is people who ignore the question and moan about moaning threads. You should change your name to moaning Lisa
  • mdizzl3
    12417 posts Has That Special Something

My favorite is people who ignore the question and moan about moaning threads. You should change your name to moaning Lisa

I've answered the second question.
  • CoachDavio

I've answered the second question.
    Asking about the game itself not your own issues

• James Libby
    5773 posts Big Money Move

If you time L2 correctly it will stop the tackle from behind.
  • Thrillho
    1116 posts Professional
    edited February 2018
    Behnam_12 wrote: »
    Crack your controller wide open. Trust me, you'll feel way better

giphy.gif

Ahh the release..
  • CoachDavio

I was pressing it. I always press it. Sometimes Futmas Antonio beats them off. Sometimes they steal the ball.

• James Libby

I was pressing it. I always press it. Sometimes Futmas Antonio beats them off. Sometimes they steal the ball.

That's not Antonio's fault though.

My point is simply that if you time the depressing of the trigger correctly it will stop the tackle from behind.
  • CoachDavio

My point is simply that if you time the depressing of the trigger correctly it will stop the tackle from behind.

But I Press it every time. The CPU decides if it works. Please see my thread: I have photographic evidence. It’s a RNG not a strict cause and effect

• James Libby

But I Press it every time. The CPU decides if it works. Please see my thread: I have photographic evidence. It’s a RNG not a strict cause and effect

It's not about pressing it "every time" though. You don't seem to understand there's a technique to how and when and for how long you are supposed to press it. Pressing it "all the time" ensures nothing.

And I DID see your other thread, and when I asked you for your evidence, you said "it was for yourself" - so stop hiding behind this vague and unsubstantiated claim unless you're willing to prove it, dude.