The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.
------------------
Note: The SBCs issue has been resolved, details posted on this thread in a tweet from FIFA Direct Communication.

A comprehensive look at my WL. (long post took some time here)

Pugzilla
16939 posts World Class
I want to make a bit of a detailed post, almost like a blog post, here to reference and so that we can discuss FIFA. I have a very good team that I am sharing here. My team is very solid I love almost every one in the team. I have been enjoying this years FIFA a fair bit more than last year. I am sitting at 26-13 with one game left. I streamed all my games and I just decided for research sake to go back and screen shot the teams I lost to and if I had any overall opinions on the games themselves. I will have each team besides my own in a spoiler for mobile users. Curious to see if anyone has thoughts on it. Oh and I lost one game due to my game freezing so that's were the other loss came from. I felt like that most of the teams that beat my had a combo of loans, Gullit 90, CR7 or R9, TOTY or Icons in general. I am going to compile the stats for each team in each category and also in total.

Total players in teams I lost to.

Loan - 5

Gullit 90 - 4

CR7 or R9 - 6

TOTY - 6

Icons (generic including Henry and Vieiras R10 etc.) - 39

My team. Changed Vidal to Savic mid weekend.

Loan - 0

Gullit - 0

R9/CR7 - 1

TOTY - 0

Icons - 5

my_team.png

Loss 1 - Dude was 5-0 at the time got beat pretty tough.Play him every once in a while not sure if I have ever won tbh.

Loan - 1

Gullit - 1

CR7-R9 - 1

TOTY - 1

Icons -5
team1.png

Loss 2 @BenzP7 and his skank **** lol GG never in the game at all 3-1 loss.

Loan - 0

Gullit - 1

CR7/R9 - 1

TOTY - 0

Icons - 5
team2.png

Loss 3 - Parked the bus is an understatement. Lots of passing around the back. Overall though very average team.

Loan - 0

Gullit - 0

CR7/R9 - 0

TOTY - 0

Icons -2
team3.png

Loss 4 - Parked the bus. Scored two random long shots with Henry's left. Held 68 poss passing around the back at 3-2, broke forward to 4-2 at min 80. Can't remember but I think he subbed on some disgusting players too.

Loan - 0

Gullit - 0

CR7/R9 - 1

TOTY - 1

Icons - 8
team4.png

Loss 5 - Was up 3-1 late and got really unlucky twice to got to ET. In extra time I step in for an easy tackle and it bounces right back to him with a huge gap in my defense and he wins 4-3.

Loan - 1

Gullit - 0

CR7/R9 - 0

TOTY - 0

Icons -2
team5.png

Loss 6 - Not really in this game. Subbed on Lozano for Ramsey.

Loan - 2

Gullit - 0

CR7/R9 - 0

TOTY - 0

Icons - 3
team6.png

Loss 7 - Cheapest team and got insanely unlucky. Lost 2-1 and the amount of possession and bus parking was to be expected I suppose with such a weak team. Honestly though even with the bad luck he must have been more than decent to beat me.

Loan - 0

Gullit - 0

CR7/R9 - 0

TOTY - 0

Icons - 0
team7.png

Loss 8 - Dude was a freak. Really tough and I got unlucky a fair bit too. Close game.

Loan - 1

Gullit - 0

CR7/R9 - 0

TOTY - 0

Icons - 2
team8.png

Loss 9 - Went up 1-0. Got really unlucky with a pen decision where Des went in with his left into the player rather than just winning the ball easily with his right. Conceded about 30 seconds later in the 25th minute and I just couldn't get the ball back. Ball hogged and scored another after about 20 IRL minutes of my life were wasted chasing the ball lol. I would have had decent chances but every time I won the ball it would go to him, out of bounds, get kicked 5 meters away etc. He messaged me **** talking all that stuff.

Loan - 0

Gullit - 0

CR7/R9 - 0

TOTY - 0

Icons - 2
team9.png

Loss 10 - Got really unlucky with a Des animation to go down 1-0 early. He just parked it and held possession. Very close game. So much wasted time. Subbed on Ronaldo.

Loan - 0

Gullit - 0

CR7/R9 - 1

TOTY - 0

Icons - 2
team10.png

Loss 11 - Scored a goal on opening kick off. Parked the bus and passed the ball around endlessly. Really negative person and player. Messaged me after the game to cyber or something but I wasnt interested. Scored a goal right after half with a 60m pass to CR7 on the deck that cut everything up. Subbed on some disgusting players too.

Loan - 0

Gullit - 1

CR7/R9 - 1

TOTY - 4

Icons - 4
team11.png

Loss 12 - Was cruising 2-1 then noticed he was just parking the bus and auto defending with Vieira (as I passed it right to Vieira sitting at the pen spot lol) got triggered and got cut up for 2-2 on the counter, had a good rage then did the same thing and lost 3-2. When I gave up the 3rd, the bus was already parked, but now the passes were going to the keeper and I probably touched the ball once in 25 in game minutes.

Loan - 0

Gullit - 1

CR7/R9 - 1

TOTY - 0

Icons - 4
team12.png

So what do I take out of this write up. Meh not sure I just thought it would be interesting to look at. One thing is for sure, low pressure (ptb) and time wasting is the great equalizer, no matter the team if they got a lead and could waste time it didn't really matter what my team was. The teams I lost to had, combined 5 loans, 4 Gullits, 6 Ronaldos, 6 TOTY, and 39 Icons. Half the teams I lost to had Ronaldo but honestly the main reason I lost was to guys playing very negative with low pressure and time wasting. LAMELA DOVE. I beat decent teams too no doubt but my team, with an INSANE input of FP and time/energy was totally inferior to 5 guys squads. Then even still they all resorted to wasting time and rarely went for more or just played normal. Even @BenzP7 did what I would call waste time, he would call it possession, but basically just back and forth passing away from my pressure user.

My thoughts, remove the icon over the defenders head. I feel this contributes to much of the negative gameplay as most people can see where to pass to safety too easily. Also, add the ability to go direct through low pressure on a counter, by forcing people to have to defend with their backlines or else the AI lets the runners go right by them. Part of the reason low pressure PTB is so prevalent is because the AI does too much stalling the counter on their own. The slowing down of the attack on the counter ends up allowing the defender to take back midfielders from deep attacking positions to making tackles. This benefits people who pay the most money to have the most AI assistance form their CBs. This includes me to some extent. The meta the last two years really forces you into that, which I do not like. Thanks for reading if you did.

Comments

• RadioShaq
    15383 posts Moderator
    Have you tried a 433. While it lacks in offense it helps stop the passing around the back. In the end possession needs a nerf though.
  • Pugzilla
    16939 posts World Class
    RadioShaq wrote: »
    Have you tried a 433. While it lacks in offense it helps stop the passing around the back. In the end possession needs a nerf though.

You know I might give it a go tbh. Subbing in attackers, 4-3-2-1 pressing and stuff doesnt seem to work much. But yeah I think the overall theme is, no matter the team my opponent has, wasting time is the way to beat me no matter what. The easy ability to retain the ball is the great equalizer.
  • Alex_cr
    5559 posts Big Money Move
    I tell you what i find interesting. Unless I miscounted you lost to 7 different formations - I’m including variances as formations, so different 433’s etc. Was their much formation changing at KO?
  • Pugzilla
    16939 posts World Class
    Alex_cr wrote: »
    I tell you what i find interesting. Unless I miscounted you lost to 7 different formations - I’m including variances as formations, so different 433’s etc. Was their much formation changing at KO?

The 4-3-3's were only for chem bar the guy with FUTMAS Antonio who played the 4-3-3 with the CDM but changed the personnel at kickoff. Most people that beat me used 4-4-2, 4-2-3-1 (1 or 2) with a bit of 4-1-2-1-2 (2). The guys that ran the 4-4-2 where the plebs with the most disgusting teams. The 4-2-3-1 guys had a mix of teams.
  • ImmigrantMentality
    6593 posts Big Money Move
    edited February 2018
    damn, must be really unlucky to get so many unlucky losses...

or lying.
  • Pugzilla
    16939 posts World Class
    damn, must be really unlucky to get so many unlucky losses...

or lying.

I mean certain circumstances that lead directly to the goals were unlucky. Overall the balance of play was very close for almost all of my games. A few unlucky moments cost me in a few tight spots but overall the games were very even. Thats the way it is when margins are small.
  • RadioShaq
    15383 posts Moderator
    You could also go with a 3 atb but would think that’s more of a comeback formation. You can also make your width wider if people are holding it out wide.
  • Pugzilla
    16939 posts World Class
    You could also go with a 3 atb but would think that’s more of a comeback formation. You can also make your width wider if people are holding it out wide.

When is it time for the 3 ATB, 'drastic change' time? I felt like the ball didnt even go out of play against some of these guys for 20-30 minutes at a time lol.
  • Azof
    17232 posts World Class
    So nice for the pros of the community to share with us plebs
  • Pugzilla
    16939 posts World Class
    lol brothers @Azof @ImmigrantMentality the two people that always have had a problem with me and always have 0 to contribute to the FIFA part of the community with the shade. Not surprised but disappointed :/
  • RadioShaq
    15383 posts Moderator
    I suppose you could foul somone or start with it. Just something to try it might not help and hurt you more. I would say it’s worth trying maybe not in wl just to see.
  • Pugzilla
    16939 posts World Class
    I suppose you could foul somone or start with it. Just something to try it might not help and hurt you more. I would say it’s worth trying maybe not in wl just to see.

Honestly the foul thing is a great idea. What about time on the clock? Or do you think just once you get "that feeling" that they are going ball hog go for the pause and hack?
  • RadioShaq
    15383 posts Moderator
    Probably something you have to get a feel for. Full pressure not usually something I’ve seen people use at the start but if it’s your weakness. Are you also going all out attack and team pressing?
  • ImmigrantMentality
    Pugzilla wrote: »
    lol brothers @Azof @ImmigrantMentality the two people that always have had a problem with me and always have 0 to contribute to the FIFA part of the community with the shade. Not surprised but disappointed :/

what have you contributed with this post? tracked your wl, anyone you know is good or you know from the forum deserved to beat you, anyone else that beat you got lucky.
  • Pugzilla
    16939 posts World Class
    Probably something you have to get a feel for. Full pressure not usually something I’ve seen people use at the start but if it’s your weakness. Are you also going all out attack and team pressing?

What exactly does "attack" setting do though. I never really go there because I feel that my team doesn't really press in a responsible way and often I get cut up when the person eventually goes forwards. Does it help in your experience? If it helps I am sure I would try.
  • LeonidasJB
    15028 posts World Class

what have you contributed with this post? tracked your wl, anyone you know is good or you know from the forum deserved to beat you, anyone else that beat you got lucky.

Tbf in this post alone he has contributed more than you ever have.
    And sorry, but that is just a genuine observation.
    If you have nothing constructive to post in this thread, just don't post at all.
    Simple really.
  • Pugzilla
    16939 posts World Class

Dave you are a ****. Please stay away from my thread unless you want to talk about it in a positive way.
  • ImmigrantMentality
    LeonidasJB wrote: »

Tbf in this post alone he has contributed more than you ever have.
    And sorry, but that is just a genuine observation.
    If you have nothing constructive to post in this thread, just don't post at all.
    Simple really.

if he contributed nothing, the best he has done is contribute as much as i have. not sure on your logic.
  • Alex_cr
    Imagine a community where someone goes to an effort to document their experience of the game and gets shot down for it... oh wait - it’s righy here to see.

These guys need to Sort their lives out. Cheers for an interesting read OP!
  • ImmigrantMentality

Dave you are a ****. Please stay away from my thread unless you want to talk about it in a positive way.

okay i'll be positive from now on.

unlucky on those 5 unlucky losses. perhaps next week you won't be unlucky and will get 30+ wins because of the unluckiness.
  • LeonidasJB
    15028 posts World Class
    Imagine a community where someone goes to an effort to document their experience of the game and gets shot down for it... oh wait - it’s righy here to see.

These guys need to Sort their lives out
    . Cheers for an interesting read OP!

My thoughts exactly.
    But that immigrant mentality only seems to fish for a reaction. Never constructive, never helpful and rarely anything useful.
  • RadioShaq
    15383 posts Moderator
    It’s definitely going to open you up more. That’s why I suggest using it when you know or think they are going to hold it for 20 minutes. You can also start one click on the dpad to attacking and move it up as the time wasting progresses.
  • ImmigrantMentality

why is it an interesting read? i actually read through the whole post instead of just ctrl+f the word 'unlucky' and about 8 of the 12 losses he documented were unlucky or through the opponents cheap tactics. if you want to read someone make excuses for the vast majority of his losses then you can just got the wl thread.

one or two actually unlucky losses from 12 or so i can believe, but 8? please...
  • Humma78
    2331 posts Fans' Favourite
    @ImmigrantMentality You're actually pretty sad and I imagine pretty lonely in real life
  • ImmigrantMentality
    Humma78 wrote: »
    @ImmigrantMentality You're actually pretty sad and I imagine pretty lonely in real life

true but it's not because i'm a nasty person. i'm just unlucky.
  • Smudge
    4715 posts National Call-Up

:joy::joy::joy:
  • Azof
    17232 posts World Class

dead :joy::joy::joy:
  • Pugzilla
    16939 posts World Class
    It’s definitely going to open you up more. That’s why I suggest using it when you know or think they are going to hold it for 20 minutes. You can also start one click on the dpad to attacking and move it up as the time wasting progresses.

I honestly may just throw away some games on my record midweek to try and just get the ball back from some friends with really nice teams. Work on combos of formation changes and attacking/pressure etc. The foul thing is key I think too because I come from other background I really only was thinking about out of play.
  • Alex_cr

why is it an interesting read? i actually read through the whole post instead of just ctrl+f the word 'unlucky' and about 8 of the 12 losses he documented were unlucky or through the opponents cheap tactics. if you want to read someone make excuses for the vast majority of his losses then you can just got the wl thread.

one or two actually unlucky losses from 12 or so i can believe, but 8? please...

I liked the documentation of different players and formations that are used. It’s interesting to see that a variety of formations were used when all we hear about is supposed META. Openly admits to not even being in some games so not like he’s saying he was robbed.

If you get a little buzz from attempting - and I use the word attempting deliberately, to belittle someone, you go ahead fella.
  • Dan is Clutch
    26186 posts Player of the Year

:joy::joy: