The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on Console & on PC and includes the changes listed here.

Full Manual Mode - Just try 5 games with it

I ask you to try 5 games in full manual mode and post your thoughts here (try friendlies online where it won't matter if you lose).

For me, this eradicates much of what is bad in the game and increases the fun factor no end. And the fun would only increase if you were playing against another full manual mode player.

The mistakes you make are down to you rather than down to programming and they can actually be quite funny!

There is also less bad feeling towards your opponent if they do win as their win is much more down to their skills or your mistakes.

There is also a greater sense of achievement when you do create an opportunity and scoring a goal is just sensational!

Comments

• Best way to play FIFA.
  • HideousCompany
    632 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Fifa 19 needs a full manual game mode. Actually sort out a skill gap
  • lad33
    402 posts Sunday League Hero
    I agree OP, gives the game a fun new element to it.
  • joehuk
    3562 posts National Call-Up
    edited April 2018
    I used to play Full manual in FIFA 16 i think it was.

but since FIFA 17 it's become a massive handicap with the speed of the game - 1 / 2 many miss passes and you're buggered

but I agree Manual Passing/Shooting/Crossing/Through balls SHOULD be forced online in a competitive scene

or at least remove 'ASSISTED' option and force Semi.

No way should everything you input on the controller be fully assisted especially in an 'Esports' game.

Currently I Use:

Pass: Assisted
    Through Ball: Assisted
    Shot: Semi
    Cross: Semi
    Lob Pass: Manual

I am tempted to try Semi Passing, to see if this eradicates intercepts.

Even if they did release a manual game mode you'll hardly play a game

Back in 15/16 where you can set what you want to come against i.e 'Manual' controls you would BARELY get a game, but my word once you did the game was amazing.
  • I play full manual since 2015.

I don't want to promote my channel, but I'm starting one about full manual gaming.

It's really unfair play assisted. We argue that FIFA is better than PES because is more realistic, but 99% of the players use assisted control...??????

We must grow full manual community. EA GAMES must do something to equalize players. It's impossible that EA just use manual controls, but at least we could have advantage in UT (earn more coins, or something).

Here's the trailler of my channel:

It's in portuguese, but I've translated to english.
  • joehuk
    If anyone here is up for some manual games (XBOX ONE)

PM me on here
  • HideousCompany
    joehuk wrote: »

but since FIFA 17 it's become a massive handicap with the speed of the game - 1 / 2 many miss passes and you're buggered

but I agree Manual Passing/Shooting/Crossing/Through balls SHOULD be forced online in a competitive scene

No way should everything you input on the controller be fully assisted especially in an 'Esports' game.

Currently I Use:

Back in 15/16 where you can set what you want to come against i.e 'Manual' controls you would BARELY get a game, but my word once you did the game was amazing.

If they gave decent rewards I'd be all over it! Sick of folk who ping the ball about aimlessly but the AI assistance directs it to a nearby player and letting the AI defend on their behalf has they can't time tackles
  • joehuk
    Indeed.

I think it would be amazing to see FIFA Competitive scene having to use Semi / Manual.

At least with Semi you need to have some what a bit of aim but mainly the correct power.
  • joehuk wrote: »

Currently I Use:

If they gave decent rewards I'd be all over it! Sick of folk who ping the ball about aimlessly but the AI assistance directs it to a nearby player and letting the AI defend on their behalf has they can't time tackles

I can't count how many times i put my player to intercept a ball and the assisted pass fix it so I can't reach the ball.

One-two is so easy with assisted controls...Every team can be a Guardiola tiki-taka...
  • HideousCompany
    fullmanual wrote: »

Currently I Use:

I can't count how many times i put my player to intercept a ball and the assisted pass fix it so I can't reach the ball.

One-two is so easy with assisted controls...Every team can be a Guardiola tiki-taka...

It's honestly in my Top 3 most hated things in this game. I'd be fine with my player auto lunging if they actually won the ball but when 90% of the time they lunge no where near the ball it's absolutely infuriating
  • joehuk
    edited April 2018
    As I said

If anyone wants some manual games (xbox one) PM on here and i'll add your GT :)

some friendly UT Seasons :)
  • HideousCompany
    As I said

I'm on PlayStation my man
  • V_Babu_V
    759 posts Semi-Pro
    I play full manual since 2015.

I don't want to promote my channel, but I'm starting one about full manual gaming.

It's really unfair play assisted. We argue that FIFA is better than PES because is more realistic, but 99% of the players use assisted control...??????

We must grow full manual community. EA GAMES must do something to equalize players. It's impossible that EA just use manual controls, but at least we could have advantage in UT (earn more coins, or something).

Here's the trailler of my channel:

It's in portuguese, but I've translated to english.

I have just started playing PES for various reasons and can honestly say that PES is the more realistic game.

Until Fifa make manual controls mandatory for WL or have a manual seasons option, I will continue to shy away from the arcade game and choose the more realistic one.

All of the content and good looks of Fifa blind you from the fact that the fundamentals of the game are inferior, which is what a game is ultimately about for me.
  • pekkaa88
    6537 posts Big Money Move
    Would be intresting to see 1 full manual WL
  • speeches123
    80 posts Park Captain
    Been asking for this for a long time. I play manual in regular seasons all the time but on FUT am limited to playing CPU mostly. Why is it so hard for them to add manual filter option like in regular seasons?
  • maksi
    6617 posts Big Money Move
    We argue that FIFA is better than PES because is more realistic
    said no one ever

• Flamstead
    2967 posts Fans' Favourite
    Been asking for this for a long time. I play manual in regular seasons all the time but on FUT am limited to playing CPU mostly. Why is it so hard for them to add manual filter option like in regular seasons?

Its not hard but hardly anyone will use it. Its hard enough finding manual games on normal seasons let alone UT where the mentality is to win at all costs.

I remember speaking to David Rutter about this at a community event a while back and he said that the demand is too little for EA to implement it.

I stopped playing full manual during FUT 13.
  • CharlieC
    7344 posts Big Money Move

Its not hard but hardly anyone will use it. Its hard enough finding manual games on normal seasons let alone UT where the mentality is to win at all costs.

I remember speaking to David Rutter about this at a community event a while back and he said that the demand is too little for EA to implement it.

Yeah it will only be the hardcore who get enjoyment out of this I think. Definitely sorts the men from the boys though. I personally like it but couldn’t use it in WL.
  • Flamstead
    2967 posts Fans' Favourite
    CharlieC wrote: »

Yeah it will only be the hardcore who get enjoyment out of this I think. Definitely sorts the men from the boys though. I personally like it but couldn’t use it in WL.

Exactly. On older FUT's it was unbearable with the ability for your opponent to pressure and 2nd man contain. I also found that a lot of manual players don't play very manually anyway, they would use lobbed passes rather than ground ones as lobbed passes still had a good level of assistance on them. They used to wind me up about self professed "Manual" players.
  • Idek
    12189 posts Has That Special Something
    Used to play fully manual for a few years mainly when I only played career mode, shooting especially is more satisfying on manual once you get used to it and stop shooting nearer the corner flag at first

Once I started playing online only though I had to change to semi otherwise you are putting yourself at a massive disadvantage
  • joehuk wrote: »
    As I said

I'm on PlayStation my man

add me please i'm a full manual player since 2015
    my PSN is ck-3viin
  • pekkaa88 wrote: »
    Would be intresting to see 1 full manual WL

i'm dreaming about it
  • Retro_G
    31450 posts National Team Captain
    Fut Champions should be locked to semi-assisted at the least.