First WL!

Parth12008
1414 posts Professional
Tried DKT as was having few good french players ( IF pogba, Bakayoko, OTW Tolisso, OTW Mbappe, Koscienly and Ruffier) and got rage quit in first three games and won final on penalties. How tough it is to get 11 wins? I don't want more than 11 wins as playing so many games in weekend would be tough for me with job.

Comments

  • Parth12008
    1414 posts Professional
    How important it is to have good GK? i am thinking to use Prime Schmeichel in Matthaus SBC, I can do VDS and use him if need. In reserve i have ( SBC Casillas and can buy 90 DDG if needed)
  • branermajszter
    269 posts Sunday League Hero
    If u are good around 18-20 games
  • Parth12008
    1414 posts Professional
    If u are good around 18-20 games

    i am not great but hope i can manage in around 22-24. Heard that games are easier in starting
  • POUSSACUS
    157 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Just dont int and you Can reach gold 3. It's not about being good, it's about tryhard.
  • Parth12008
    1414 posts Professional
    POUSSACUS wrote: »
    Just dont int and you Can reach gold 3. It's not about being good, it's about tryhard.

    Tough thing is to manage games and that too with only one team. can use SB to play fitness team but that will waste too much of time.
  • Grehan94
    392 posts Sunday League Hero
    It's not impossible, take small breaks between games and don't just go into games one after the other whilst frustrated or angry, you're just guaranteed to lose them.

  • liuus86
    1031 posts Professional
    20-22 matches for getting 11 wins is the average i guess..
  • byronw1983
    1610 posts Play-Off Hero
    Parth12008 wrote: »
    How important it is to have good GK? i am thinking to use Prime Schmeichel in Matthaus SBC, I can do VDS and use him if need. In reserve i have ( SBC Casillas and can buy 90 DDG if needed)

    Probably the least important position in the game. Just buy a saves with feet keeper (Begovic, Farnham or Ter Stegen) and invest the money on the players in front of him.
  • nj10
    2867 posts National Call-Up
    Good luck, I'll be going into my third weekend league I get around 15-15 which isn't bad.
    I don't have time for all 40 games.

    I usually get hammered on Friday night though.

    A great goal keeper won't do too much best bet is to prevent the shots in the first place.

    Try to vary up game play aswell, I've started crossing the ball more often because you always get space since most people expect you to go for a pullback or cut inside
  • CharlieC
    7433 posts League Winner
    Grehan94 wrote: »
    It's not impossible, take small breaks between games and don't just go into games one after the other whilst frustrated or angry, you're just guaranteed to lose them.

    ^^This
  • I played my first WL the last 2 weeks. I have the team below and I am usually in Division 3. Would class myself as a mediocre player and I got Gold 2 both times. With a bit more luck could easily of got Gold 1 as the games I lost were generally very close.
    Its easier than div 3 and above seasons and the DKT

    Begovic
    Sandro, Luiz. Azpi, Valencia
    Bakayoko
    Herrera, KDB, Fernandinho
    SIF Wilson, IF Firmino
  • Parth12008 wrote: »
    Tried DKT as was having few good french players ( IF pogba, Bakayoko, OTW Tolisso, OTW Mbappe, Koscienly and Ruffier) and got rage quit in first three games and won final on penalties. How tough it is to get 11 wins? I don't want more than 11 wins as playing so many games in weekend would be tough for me with job.

    Well done!

    Just take it one game at a time and don't stress about getting to 11. If you hit a bad run I suggest taking a break.

    A decent keeper is a bonus but as u know there arent that many decent ones to choose from!
  • Parth12008
    1414 posts Professional
    byronw1983 wrote: »
    Parth12008 wrote: »
    How important it is to have good GK? i am thinking to use Prime Schmeichel in Matthaus SBC, I can do VDS and use him if need. In reserve i have ( SBC Casillas and can buy 90 DDG if needed)

    Probably the least important position in the game. Just buy a saves with feet keeper (Begovic, Farnham or Ter Stegen) and invest the money on the players in front of him.

    Ter Stegen instead of DDG?
  • Parth12008
    1414 posts Professional
    Thanks everyone. hoping for best
  • ab51194
    1031 posts Professional
    11 is easy so you should be fine. Welcome to hell my friend lol
  • GoonerJoe88
    1158 posts Professional
    You'll do great! Try not to stress too much and remember its just a game when the stuff is going against you.

    Mentality is key to doing well.

    Like others have said if you feel frustrated or angry just take a 30 minute break.

    I qualified for the first time last week and ended 15-15.

    Its much easier to get 11 wins out of 40 games than win 4 games in a row with people pulling all stops to win the DKT.
  • CtldChaos
    2406 posts Fans' Favourite
    Parth12008 wrote: »
    If u are good around 18-20 games

    i am not great but hope i can manage in around 22-24. Heard that games are easier in starting

    That would be a BIG expectation for the 1st WL. Assuming games are easier at first, which I do not experience, these are not the typically "easy" games. All of these people are generally capable of winning 4 in a row. Just because they are easier does not mean they are easy.
  • CtldChaos
    2406 posts Fans' Favourite
    Parth12008 wrote: »
    byronw1983 wrote: »
    Parth12008 wrote: »
    How important it is to have good GK? i am thinking to use Prime Schmeichel in Matthaus SBC, I can do VDS and use him if need. In reserve i have ( SBC Casillas and can buy 90 DDG if needed)

    Probably the least important position in the game. Just buy a saves with feet keeper (Begovic, Farnham or Ter Stegen) and invest the money on the players in front of him.

    Ter Stegen instead of DDG?

    This.
  • Parth12008
    1414 posts Professional
    CtldChaos wrote: »
    Parth12008 wrote: »
    If u are good around 18-20 games

    i am not great but hope i can manage in around 22-24. Heard that games are easier in starting

    That would be a BIG expectation for the 1st WL. Assuming games are easier at first, which I do not experience, these are not the typically "easy" games. All of these people are generally capable of winning 4 in a row. Just because they are easier does not mean they are easy.

    Had heard people complaining that they win 22-7 then end with 24-26 wins.
  • Bellcheddar
    1333 posts Professional
    Parth12008 wrote: »
    CtldChaos wrote: »
    Parth12008 wrote: »
    If u are good around 18-20 games

    i am not great but hope i can manage in around 22-24. Heard that games are easier in starting

    That would be a BIG expectation for the 1st WL. Assuming games are easier at first, which I do not experience, these are not the typically "easy" games. All of these people are generally capable of winning 4 in a row. Just because they are easier does not mean they are easy.

    Had heard people complaining that they win 22-7 then end with 24-26 wins.

    Yep, there will be some weird goings on. All I can say is there is something not right about the game in the WL. Lots of inexplicable things happening and BS. Also huge inconsistencies in the game play. One game your players can move, turn and they make runs, the next game they are slow, you get a delay and they lose all agility. We have a 'competitive' game mode where you don't know if your players are going to play properly. The game mode is a joke and EA should be embarrassed.
  • Parth12008 wrote: »
    CtldChaos wrote: »
    Parth12008 wrote: »
    If u are good around 18-20 games

    i am not great but hope i can manage in around 22-24. Heard that games are easier in starting

    That would be a BIG expectation for the 1st WL. Assuming games are easier at first, which I do not experience, these are not the typically "easy" games. All of these people are generally capable of winning 4 in a row. Just because they are easier does not mean they are easy.

    Had heard people complaining that they win 22-7 then end with 24-26 wins.

    Yep, there will be some weird goings on. All I can say is there is something not right about the game in the WL. Lots of inexplicable things happening and BS. Also huge inconsistencies in the game play. One game your players can move, turn and they make runs, the next game they are slow, you get a delay and they lose all agility. We have a 'competitive' game mode where you don't know if your players are going to play properly. The game mode is a joke and EA should be embarrassed.

    Exactly this. 10 games players are like 58-paced non rare bronzes and next 10 they are flying around. But, in those 2nd 10 when they are flying you will hit crossbar God knows how many times ... don't even wanna mention opponents and their behavor :D
  • D3ATHSQUAD
    2984 posts National Call-Up
    Use the other advice about spacing your games out... my personal rule is that If I lose two games in a row, I have to turn off the game and do something else for at least an hour. That means watching TV, running out to grab food or maybe just running out for an errand.

    Space your games out in general also... I'll play a bunch in a row if I am winning but typically try to do my games in groups of 4-5 at a time (assuming I don't lose two in a row - see above).

    Just concentrate and try not to even worry about how many wins you have or need. If you aren't focused on "Ooooh - I just need X more wins" then it keeps you loose.
  • Parth12008
    1414 posts Professional
    started well with 2-1 and lead in fourth match but ending day with 3-5 ratio from 8 matches. hope to do better tomorrow.
Sign In or Register to comment.