Check out the pitch notes for an update on upcoming content here.

The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on console & PC and includes the changes listed here.

OMG! I just got promotion into the 2nd Division for the first time......

Comments

• DodgyAussie
    356 posts Sunday League Hero
    You guys have made me want to play seasons again! I haven't really played it much this Fifa - but I'm currently in Div 4. I'll see how high I can climb and then I'll report back ;)

• Stickybelly
    2666 posts Fans' Favourite
    dylanmx wrote: »
    Shehraj wrote: »
    i get upset when i occasionally get relegated to the second division

@Shehraj not everyone is good at this game

If you get relegated from div 1 then i would argue you are not good at the game either lol

You'd be arguing wrong.

Disagree. I don't consider myself good at the game, but i can win Div 1 pretty much every time i play it. I have won it the last 12 attempts. When it comes to the weekend league i get only 26 wins which is bang average. I'm not a great player at all. We all relate to things differently, getting relegated from div 1 might be poor for one person and not for the other.
  • Safk001
    866 posts Semi-Pro
    Safk001 wrote: »
    RayS wrote: »
    QuinnUK87 wrote: »
    We need more threads like this on the forums.. They make me realise that maybe I'm not as bad at the game as I think lol.

Haha for real tho, just browsing through the forums, you get the feeling that everyone is Elite 1 in WL every week

Spot on. I’ve just got to div 3 and never qualified for DKT (9 finals 9 fails) it seems like everyone else has the ability to win them on first attempt, or at least that’s what they say they can do.

You need to remember that the forums aren't representative of the player base as a whole.

When you read the forums or reddit, you're obviously seeing the people who have an enormous interest in the game.

You look at people like Blarix with his insane all icons team and you think, Christ, my most expensive player is NIF Vidal and I saved weeks for him.

But the world is full of people with **** teams that can't get out of div 8, there's just not posting here to tell everyone.

That is true, apparently div 8 is the one with the most players in it.
  • FinneganFach
    2123 posts Fans' Favourite

If you get relegated from div 1 then i would argue you are not good at the game either lol

You'd be arguing wrong.

Disagree. I don't consider myself good at the game, but i can win Div 1 pretty much every time i play it. I have won it the last 12 attempts. When it comes to the weekend league i get only 26 wins which is bang average. I'm not a great player at all. We all relate to things differently, getting relegated from div 1 might be poor for one person and not for the other.

Getting relegated from division one might be poor for you but it doesn't make you bad at the game.

If you can win division one, you're better than the vast majority of people that play fifa. That makes you pretty good.

I can't even get out of div 2 but most of my friends I play against offline think I'm some sort of unbeatable fifa wizard. You'd think I'm garbage tbh.

The point is that these forums and the fifa "community" aren't representative of the wider player base. What's considered "good" here will be disproportionate to what's actually average and good in general.
  • Grehan94
    392 posts Sunday League Hero
    Division 3 upwards can be sweaty alright haha.
  • Grehan94

You'd be arguing wrong.

I'd regard 26 above average. 18-21 wins is average in my eyes.
  • Grehan94
    Actually, it all depends on the time and practise put in also. Whether a person is competitive or a casual player.
  • Enigma8784
    1823 posts Play-Off Hero
    On the first time your in a new league why is the relegation point cap 12 but usually 10?? Or am i imagining this?
  • Grehan94
    More points are required to hold your position in the higher divisions I think.
  • Lcfc
    2490 posts Fans' Favourite
    Most people should be in div 2 if they play weekend league
    That’s the level
  • Parth12008
    1414 posts Professional
    Congrats. Won DKT for first time today. Feels good!!!
  • EA_Andy
    3378 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Nice one @V_Babu_V

@Parth12008 - Good luck in the Weekend League! :)
  • Parth12008
    1414 posts Professional
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    Nice one @V_Babu_V

@Parth12008 - Good luck in the Weekend League! :)

Thanks @EA_Andy
  • Division 2 is practically my home now.Whenever i get promoted to Div1 i'll only last a few seasons before being relegated.Div 2 is pretty fun
  • Flamstead
    2994 posts Fans' Favourite
    I've got one game left in my current div 2 season and I need to win to avoid relegation.

Haven't played in a week.

#bottlejob

Love it!

Congrats OP, great achievement and great thread.
  • V_Babu_V
    759 posts Semi-Pro
    edited February 2018
    Thanks all!

No idea how I did it....didn't really change much to my teams and wasn't really focusing on position or wins, I was just playing. My record was 6-2-2.

Last game I needed a draw to gain promotion and ended up against a team with prime MVB, SBC Cavani, Prime Okocha, red Gustavo and a few other reds.......went down 1-0......quickly knew my formation wasnt working, changed that and ended up winning 3-1! Flattering result really in a tight game!

I am sure I will get no wins in Division 2 and be right back in Division 4 shortly!

Funny people pointing out a difference between divisions and weekend league - I have been in the WL for weeks now, I find divisions much harder, touch wood!

• EA_Andy
    3378 posts EA Staff (retired)
    V_Babu_V wrote: »
    Thanks all!

No idea how I did it....didn't really change much to my teams and wasn't really focusing on position or wins, I was just playing. My record was 6-2-2.

I am sure I will get no wins in Division 2 and be right back in Division 4 shortly!

Funny people pointing out a difference between divisions and weekend league - I have been in the WL for weeks now, I find divisions much harder, touch wood!

One thing I found when getting higher for the first time (and this counts for other games too) is don't treat it like you'll never get back there again and this is a once in a life time so you can't mess up.

Play your normal game and you'll do well, that's what got you there in the first place, don't overthink :)

If you do get relegated then you know you're good enough to get back up again no problem.
  • X_M_A_T_T_Y_X
    186 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Division 6 here......
  • CharlieC
    7357 posts Big Money Move
    Most people are the same. We generally bounce between 3 divisions. I find the best is the middle one because it's not easy but is a challenge. You get battered in the lower one and win 6-0 in the upper one. I hate the runs you go on where, you can't win a game no matter what you do. had 20 losses in a row once! :neutral:
  • NornIron
    12816 posts Has That Special Something
    Since moving broadband I've started playing seasons again just moved into division 3 won the division 4 title with a few games left.
  • CharlieC
    7357 posts Big Money Move
    I've got one game left in my current div 2 season and I need to win to avoid relegation.

Haven't played in a week.

#bottlejob

Amazing how many times that happens! 3 games left and need one win and it comes down to the final game. Hmmmm
  • Grehan94
    I find divisions, especially 1 and 2 do have low scoring games compared to FUT Champs. Or is that just me?
  • slicknick
    2626 posts Fans' Favourite
    Div 2 is a ❤️❤️❤️❤️ show.

low driven shots every goal and 1000000000% high pressure.

makes me wish I stayed in Div 3
  • RayS
    29011 posts National Team Captain
    Congrats!! Just made it up to 4 for the first time. See u in a couple divisions!

I got into 4 for the first time this year yesterday too!

Nice! @DicaniosGod here’s to hoping to avoid relegation!
  • Grehan94
    slicknick wrote: »
    Div 2 is a **** show.

low driven shots every goal and 1000000000% high pressure.

makes me wish I stayed in Div 3

You'll find the same players who apply the high pressure play ultra defensive or PTB, praying on a misplaced pass or dispossession of your midfield.
  • AEsey
    6044 posts Big Money Move
    Good job man
    Keep your cool and you will be in d1 before you know it
  • the_boss_gurveer
    1962 posts Fans' Favourite
    real competition is in Div1
    anything below that is not 'hard'
  • RayS
    29011 posts National Team Captain

Says nobody in D2-D10 :D
  • Flamstead
    2994 posts Fans' Favourite

Well, when you have people deliberately getting relegated from Div 1 into 2 and then going back and doing the same again, I disagree.

• the_boss_gurveer
    1962 posts Fans' Favourite

Says nobody in D2-D10 :D

Div 1 is 10 times harder than WKL.