Ultra High End Prime Icons Effect on Non-primes

therealmerk33
1749 posts Play-Off Hero
For like R9 and Pele, will their non primes experience sharp drop when primes are released? Most others icons seem to crash hard when their prime drops but these are obv much more limited in supply and more desirable to have any of their cards which could keep them stable?

Comments

• Libguy
    5380 posts Big Money Move
    Probably depends on how much the primes cost. Say R9 is in line with the other top end primes and is 3-3.5 million. It's sort of hard to see how his 94 can keep a price of 5.5-6 million when you can get the prime for almost half that (even given the fact that it's untradeable). I think you'd see the 94 drop to around the price of the Prime SBC and then the tradeable prime would take up that 5 million + real estate.

Now, if EA goes bonkers on the requirements and the prime is 5+ million, then all bets are off. Hell, maybe the 94 would rise in price since not too many people would want to have an untradeable 5 million coin card.
  • MikeyP_FC
    14666 posts Has That Special Something
    Yes
  • Sean2On
    1355 posts Professional
    Libguy wrote: »
    Probably depends on how much the primes cost. Say R9 is in line with the other top end primes and is 3-3.5 million. It's sort of hard to see how his 94 can keep a price of 5.5-6 million when you can get the prime for almost half that (even given the fact that it's untradeable). I think you'd see the 94 drop to around the price of the Prime SBC and then the tradeable prime would take up that 5 million + real estate.

Now, if EA goes bonkers on the requirements and the prime is 5+ million, then all bets are off. Hell, maybe the 94 would rise in price since not too many people would want to have an untradeable 5 million coin card.

I can see the prime being 4m for sure.
  • therealmerk33
    1749 posts Play-Off Hero

Yeah I hate to see what the reqs are for these, I mean Henry is insane but R9, Pele and Maradona are a class above all other imo and wouldn’t be shocked if they push close to 4 mil for the sbcs. I’m that pleb who could never afford these ultra high end icons in past but am close to affording Pele without bankrupting my squad around him.
  • fluffymnuffy
    12775 posts Has That Special Something
    Prime R9 will probably be 4.5m, Pele about the same and Maradona 4m
  • ManyakFC
    2136 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited February 2018
    if prime R9 untradable is less than 5mil to complete i will gladly give 2k to everyone that has posted so far on this thread. Those that have used the loann prime R9 know for a fact that he is the best player on this game period and the fact that he has 5 star 5 star just makes him even more desirable. the stength, pace, finishing is incredible. you are talking about the elitest player who hasent been released yet because EA are trying to release higher rated cards to complete the sbc i wouldnt be surprised if he wasent released till TOTS tbh lol. + the fact that EA dont want everyone running around with an untradable R9 will also add much more to the cost. probably will need a 90 and 91 rated team. to complete the sbc
  • LiTTl3_King15
    480 posts Sunday League Hero
    ManyakFC wrote: »
    if prime R9 untradable is less than 5mil to complete i will gladly give 2k to everyone that has posted so far on this thread. Those that have used the loann prime R9 know for a fact that he is the best player on this game period and the fact that he has 5 star 5 star just makes him even more desirable. the stength, pace, finishing is incredible. you are talking about the elitest player who hasent been released yet because EA are trying to release higher rated cards to complete the sbc i wouldnt be surprised if he wasent released till TOTS tbh lol. + the fact that EA dont want everyone running around with an untradable R9 will also add much more to the cost. probably will need a 90 and 91 rated team. to complete the sbc

ea have to be careful with the requirements in my opinion otherwise they will turn people off . the sbcs are already messed up in price, roberto carlos for example. if they do 5mil+ i dont see the point in it sure it would be amazing to have prime ronaldo or maradona but thats crazy for an untradeable not to mention by the time some people build the squads the game will be over by the time they even release those 3 primes at the rate they are going with releases lol
  • TimRUFC
    3932 posts National Call-Up
    Just here for the 2k from @ManyakFC :joy:
  • Libguy
    5380 posts Big Money Move
    TimRUFC wrote: »
    if prime R9 untradable is less than 5mil to complete i will gladly give 2k to everyone that has posted so far on this thread.

gif.gif

• TimRUFC
    3932 posts National Call-Up
    if prime R9 untradable is less than 5mil to complete i will gladly give 2k to everyone that has posted so far on this thread.

gif.gif

Oh ❤️❤️❤️❤️ didn’t see that part, how will I ever cope without my 2 free fitness cards? :neutral:
  • Sercs
    22520 posts Club Captain

• Baker
    1639 posts Play-Off Hero
    Sercs wrote: »

• Blarix
    20871 posts Club Captain

Prime for sure will be 5 mill plus. They want people to strip their clubs bare so they reload on FP. Would make zero sense having the most dominant striker to graze fut be less than anything 5 mill. R94 is going to crash regardless of price though.