The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC & console, this includes the changes listed here.

Is the 88 Vieira worth the extra 500k over the 86 version?

Gigaa_Byte
2095 posts Fans' Favourite
As the title says... They both have almost identical defensive and physical in game stats. On their base card they also have the exact same shooting, passing, defending and physical.

So for those that have used both, is the 88 worth it?

Comments

• UTG
    2414 posts Fans' Favourite
    Don't know if it's the M/M or what, but the 86 didn't feel as dominant as the 88 and 91 (both of which are more like the Pat from previous years).
  • mjs4p
    11095 posts Has That Special Something
    Yes
  • Gigaa_Byte
    mjs4p wrote: »
    Yes

Anything in particular that makes him worth it?
  • Gigaa_Byte
    UTG wrote: »
    Don't know if it's the M/M or what, but the 86 didn't feel as dominant as the 88 and 91 (both of which are more like the Pat from previous years).

Yeah just remembered the WR's, could be a game changer. Thanks for the input.
  • SergiuLive
    3170 posts National Call-Up
    Gigaa_Byte wrote: »
    Yes

Pace obviously.
    Plus stamina
  • DaveSaves
    20137 posts Club Captain
    I love the 86 version. He’s everywhere
  • mjs4p
    11095 posts Has That Special Something
    UTG wrote: »

Yeah just remembered the WR's, could be a game changer. Thanks for the input.
    SergiuLive wrote: »
    Yes

Pace obviously.
    Plus stamina

These 3 things basically.
  • Gigaa_Byte
    DaveSaves wrote: »

You used the 88 one or nah?
  • DaveSaves
    20137 posts Club Captain
    DaveSaves wrote: »

You used the 88 one or nah?

Nah
  • Sean2On
    1153 posts Professional
    I really enjoyed his 86 and couldn’t afford the 88, but the general consensus is that the 88 is far better.
  • Gigaa_Byte
    Sean2On wrote: »
    I really enjoyed his 86 and couldn’t afford the 88, but the general consensus is that the 88 is far better.

Doesn't really make much sense though does it? Considering their cards have 4 stats exactly the same. :joy:
  • Sean2On
    1153 posts Professional

Doesn't really make much sense though does it? Considering their cards have 4 stats exactly the same. :joy:
    Like the others said.

Pace, work rates and stamina.

While having his 86 I can see how those three things would make his card munch better.
  • Olleman
    13598 posts Has That Special Something
    Workrates on him is crucial and that alone is worth it. Also he win much more 50/50 tackles than the 86
  • Gigaa_Byte

Like the others said.

While having his 86 I can see how those three things would make his card munch better.

Yeah, looks like I'm getting the 88 version haha.
  • Gigaa_Byte
    Olleman wrote: »
    Workrates on him is crucial and that alone is worth it. Also he win much more 50/50 tackles than the 86

Everyone seems to be saying the same things, I guess I'm getting the 88 haha.
  • NightmareNI
    1316 posts Professional
    Si
  • razor_ro
    494 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I have only used the 86 and prime, and there is a big difference in both... of you need a CDM the. Prime is best choice... however, for CM, 86 is much better, scores more often and is everywhere on the pitch
  • Ugri
    7473 posts League Winner
    YES! 86 is crap, 88 is brilliant!
  • Sean2On
    1153 posts Professional

Like the others said.

Yeah, looks like I'm getting the 88 version haha.

If you can afford it then I’d totally get the 88.
  • Diggy
    14213 posts Has That Special Something
    edited February 2018
    For me the difference is the W/R & the 88s ability to burst forward the 86 just can’t do that but the 86 is still a very good card
  • VICTAAAA
    11199 posts Has That Special Something
    there's an 86 Vieira?
  • Gigaa_Byte
    VICTAAAA wrote: »
    there's an 86 Vieira?

:o
  • VICTAAAA
    there's an 86 Vieira?

i honestly didn't know! :trollface::tongue:
    only ever owned an 88 rated version of him (this year included)
    EG0cXm7.jpg
  • Gigaa_Byte
    there's an 86 Vieira?

EG0cXm7.jpg

Nice! 391k for the Vieira on 15! :open_mouth: Did you snipe him? @VICTAAAA
  • VICTAAAA
    there's an 86 Vieira?

EG0cXm7.jpg

Nice! 391k for the Vieira on 15! :open_mouth: Did you snipe him? @VICTAAAA

15 was the year with ranges implemented as EA talked big prior to the game in solving coin selling but failed miserably. Every card got cheap and everybody here in the forums got rich beyond our wildest dream. :lol:
  • Kai9623
    6808 posts Big Money Move
    The 86 is godly
  • SebCFC123
    7342 posts Big Money Move
    Used all 3 and the 88 is definitely better than the 86 for sure
  • Koolfashion
    2752 posts Fans' Favourite
    SebCFC123 wrote: »

and 91 is much better than 88? Thinking about selling 88 and buying or doing sbc for prime Vieira, but I dont know if there is a point for average player
  • BaseCamp
    1486 posts Professional
    edited February 2018
    SebCFC123 wrote: »

and 91 is much better than 88? Thinking about selling 88 and buying or doing sbc for prime Vieira, but I dont know if there is a point for average player

91 can score, 88 can't very well. For example a low driven from the 18 top of the 18 yard box with 88 is pretty unlikely to go in. With the 91 you can bang them. The rest of the stats are minimal in importance. I think the 88 might have more pace while the 91 has more defence / physical. The reality is 88 Vieira or 91 Vieira the strength boost is pretty meaningless and most people are running him with shadow the any sort of defensive boost is pretty marginal at best. The real difference is the shooting.

So if you shoot with your CDMs at the rate most people shoot with their CB's your probably not getting great value. If you shoot with your CDMs with any sort of frequency you'll score more with the 91.

I've used all 3 Vieira pretty extensively. The 86 slows down late in games due to stamina when you most need him to shut it down. Addtionally his work rates mean he hunts the ball less when your not controlling him.
  • Scutch
    13419 posts Has That Special Something
    I've got the 86 as a CDM and he's ace. But I'm now tempted to sell (1.15m ish) and just get a Gold IF or NIF CDM. I'm not sure any CDM is worth over 1m coins considering players like Bakayoko do a very good job for 5k max.