Playing against counter attacking players

fred1266
1291 posts Professional
any suggestion how to play against this i play 4231(2) was on for Elite 3 but couldn't win a game cause all i came up was players who sat deep and counter me

i tried going defensive but this limited my attacking play

sometimes i see it coming try putting players in position and still was ineffective

any suggestion

Comments

• Oneillr
    481 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Set your WB's and 1 of your CM's to stay back while attacking, you also need to play a possession game and be patient, draw out the mistake in his defence and punish him.
  • HideousCompany
    631 posts An Exciting Prospect
    For most players like this, just keep the ball. They'll eventually get so frustrated and change tactics, that's when you go a bit more attacking and break them down
  • fred1266
    1291 posts Professional
    ok thanks
  • Mc_chigby
    652 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I find setting CDM's on stay back and Fullbacks on always overlap. Puts your opponents players on the defensive making the counter harder
  • Bladesman83
    38 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Possession and slower build up play works.
  • DeanoZoff
    4222 posts National Call-Up
    Just frustrate the life out of them..

I love doing it to people when they still play that way after going 1 or 2 nil down
  • Davisto
    6149 posts Big Money Move
    4141 worked well for me mate
  • Liam W
    2572 posts Fans' Favourite
    Oneillr wrote: »
    Set your WB's and 1 of your CM's to stay back while attacking, you also need to play a possession game and be patient, draw out the mistake in his defence and punish him.
    fred1266 wrote: »
    any suggestion how to play against this i play 4231(2) was on for Elite 3 but couldn't win a game cause all i came up was players who sat deep and counter me

i tried going defensive but this limited my attacking play

sometimes i see it coming try putting players in position and still was ineffective

any suggestion

This is what I find too. Setting your fullbacks to stay back doesn't fix the problem because you can't play the way you are used to. I just defend very aggressively and accept that I might concede some goals on the break.
  • Williejno1
    3084 posts National Call-Up
    DeanoZoff wrote: »
    Just frustrate the life out of them..

I love doing it to people when they still play that way after going 1 or 2 nil down
    Yea I find this funny myself they do not have a plan b in attacking and normally just chase around with the forwards like headless chickens