PS4 OTW/PTG trading thread and discussion

Comments

• Shaqattack6285
    969 posts Professional
    edited February 2018
    Clearly no one here has been burned with otw...guys otws are great when the hype is on...when something flashy comes by...people just dump otws....

They have been quite bland before the winter ones came out so dabble a bit but please dont go all in
  • Bahnzo
    40 posts Last Pick at the Park

These two weeks might not be an ideal testing ground as I reckon people will be looking to sell everything next week so anticipate a crash on all cards

Obviously feel free to pick our brains, hopefully we get more right then wrong

Yeah, this whole LNY thing is throwing a wrench in everything. And I've got most of my coins tied up in IF's right now, so I'm kinda playing the waiting game.

• WTFsmirky08
    2973 posts National Call-Up
    Clearly no one here has been burned with otw...guys otws are great when the hype is on...when something flashy comes by...people just dump otws....

They have been quite bland before the winter ones came out so dabble a bit but please dont go all in

I have been burned yeah, which is why I never hold through games any more, or at the most only a small percentage of what I'm holding.

But they all follow the same trends, low after the game and high before the next, even if its only a few k during low times.

Everything's a risk when investing, you just need to balance everything up.

You are right though, during big promo's the hype for them goes down
  • if anyone is investing this weekend make sure to get out before or during the game. with the lny coming next weekend they will crash hard especially the PL ones as there are no PL games next weekend.
  • Red_monster2015
    1337 posts Professional
    Got 3 Diego Costa on Wednesday for 72-76k. Going to list for 90k start price and a decent BIN for during the game. Worst case I get the start price for him best case he scores and they all get sold
  • jasperveek
    104 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I see vvd score a header tho
  • Advait
    14717 posts World Class
    Been studying patterns and trends and gaining knowledge before diving in
    Will share my input once I've time to type
  • DrToboggan
    22 posts Ball Boy
    edited February 2018
    Costa just named in the starting 11, kickoff about 1 hour away. Currently at 91k. Personally I'm gonna hold on to him in hopes that he scores today and then sell.
  • DrToboggan wrote: »
    Costa just named in the starting 11, kickoff about 1 hour away. Currently at 91k. Personally I'm gonna hold on to him in hopes that he scores today and then sell.

I only bought one of him but planning on using him atm, picked up at 92k....not as cheap as others but playing malaga (bottom of table) today.....I fancy him grabbing a brace at least if he's starting. He will be incredible if he gets an IF. I'll only sell if the price becomes obscene
  • RoosterBlue
    1392 posts Professional
    Goal & assist from Sigurdsson.

• miri
    2770 posts Fans' Favourite
    Costa down to 80k. Gonna snag a couple.
  • miri
    2770 posts Fans' Favourite
    miri wrote: »
    Costa down to 80k. Gonna snag a couple.

Got 5 at 79-81k. If he bangs in a couple and goes up to 150k that's 300k profit. Tasty.
  • WTFsmirky08
    Been out most of the day.

So;

Made good profit from my Diego Costa investments, had about 70 I think, left 5 in my team and sold them off at half time as he didn't look like he was performing, but picked him up at around 75k so made a steady 11k profit or so per card which was a nice little top up pre lunar crash

Locadia, Deulofue and Joao Mario, I think I made a bit, certainly not much, perhaps 2/3k per card max or break even. Was always a bit of a risk picking them up on the eve of the game, as they just didn't drop, but there wasn't really the hype I was expecting.

Onto tomorrow;

Holding Coutinho and Virgil Van ❤️❤️❤️❤️, looks like I should make a tidy profit there too, 10k per VVD and I reckon 10-20k per coutinho

Its a nice start

I won't be purchasing any this week, internationals coming up but more importantly Lunar crash
  • Guys, what do you think about going for Lukaku? United play Newcastle, 17th, and he seems to start.

Have one Lukaku pack pulled tradeable anyway but thinking of going for another one. Your thouhts? Too risky?
  • Guys, what do you think about going for Lukaku? United play Newcastle, 17th, and he seems to start.

Have one Lukaku pack pulled tradeable anyway but thinking of going for another one. Your thouhts? Too risky?

If you have a pack puller tradable one...i would suggest looking at other targets and diversify
  • Advait
    14717 posts World Class
    Went in for 10 Costa 77-79k
    Let's hope something materializes
    Also sold Lucas for 50
  • Advait
    14717 posts World Class
    Guys with some coin, keep the Sniper on
    A Joao gets listed extremely cheap every now and then
  • flypiggy22
    1153 posts Professional
    Only have 25k, and trying out OTW Rashica... Playing Wolfsburg this afternoon, so if he does well, could be good....
  • keyroy
    1615 posts Play-Off Hero
    if anyone is investing this weekend make sure to get out before or during the game. with the lny coming next weekend they will crash hard especially the PL ones as there are no PL games next weekend.

No pl games but its looking like fa cup games now eligible for motm cards so thats worth bearing in mind
  • keyroy
    1615 posts Play-Off Hero
    Well after spunking most of my coins on the otw sbc i am down to around 200k. Gonna use this method to try and grind back up to a respectable number. Have a morata which i packed which i might just ditch after contes comments friday. Although with all the weird ❤️❤️❤️❤️ going on at chelsea wouldnt be suprised to see him back soon. Bought a van diik for the weekend. Just wondering what you strategy is generally. Do you sell when lineups are annonced? Wait till game starts? Take a risk on ig performance
  • My only advise for otw/ptg trading...sell in the hype before kick off especially the more expensive ones...cheaper ones if you have 1-2 no harm just leaving in your club till they have a blinder or list at high price during the game...made a lot of coin with niang otw last fifa especially when he had a few good games...

Trust me otws are more pain than they are worth...unless you get extremely lucky and buy a sanchez and he scores a hatrick....that kind of stuff is amazing but more often than not sell in the hype
  • mHazard
    13787 posts Has That Special Something
    Whoever has 50 x OTW Diego Costa listed at 83k for 3/6h needs to up his prices! :joy:

I'm in the Digio train lads! Is there possibility we start to get MOTM cards from CL/EL games?

A.Madrid play Kobenhavn on thursday.
  • WTFsmirky08
    My only advise for otw/ptg trading...sell in the hype before kick off especially the more expensive ones...cheaper ones if you have 1-2 no harm just leaving in your club till they have a blinder or list at high price during the game...made a lot of coin with niang otw last fifa especially when he had a few good games...

Trust me otws are more pain than they are worth...unless you get extremely lucky and buy a sanchez and he scores a hatrick....that kind of stuff is amazing but more often than not sell in the hype

this
  • v4vendetta1978
    3070 posts National Call-Up
    Sell before the game guarantied profit but you lose big time if that player scores early , also on the costa train also got a Walcott which I'm using very good card for 47k
  • Advait
    14717 posts World Class
    mHazard wrote: »
    Whoever has 50 x OTW Diego Costa listed at 83k for 3/6h needs to up his prices! :joy:

I'm in the Digio train lads! Is there possibility we start to get MOTM cards from CL/EL games?

A.Madrid play Kobenhavn on thursday.

Won't be surprised tbh
  • It's crazy to see how player prices flactuate with these OTW/PTG cards.

OTW Lukaku was pretty much 380k all week, then a few hours before kick-off he goes up to 400k and then when United loses and he doesn't perform he drops down to 350k.

Same with Alexis Sanchez. He is now 640k - cheaper than he has ever been. I wouldn't advise picking him up though due to LNY coming up. He'll likely drop even more starting friday.
  • Decided to dump my OTW Costa for a OTW batman....personally think batman is already a better card and seems to be on fire atm, can't see me selling him as quick as I sold Costa either...lol
  • Advait
    14717 posts World Class
    Decided to dump my OTW Costa for a OTW batman....personally think batman is already a better card and seems to be on fire atm, can't see me selling him as quick as I sold Costa either...lol

I feel Bat can be picked up far cheaper during LNY
    As far as prospect goes, I agree, I think Bat could be killing it most of his games better than Costa but I hope I'm wrong since I have a lot of Costa :D
  • Advait wrote: »
    Decided to dump my OTW Costa for a OTW batman....personally think batman is already a better card and seems to be on fire atm, can't see me selling him as quick as I sold Costa either...lol

As far as prospect goes, I agree, I think Bat could be killing it most of his games better than Costa but I hope I'm wrong since I have a lot of Costa :D

I picked up OTW batman for 94k, your probably right about him going cheaper but I'm keeping him for the long term (not as investment) ....if he gets another IF with a stamina boost he's gonna be savage AF @Advait
  • Laker62
    418 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Advait wrote: »

Costa will score for spain 100%. He is guaranteed an IF at some point