PS4 OTW/PTG trading thread and discussion

Comments

• KRANG00
    1869 posts Play-Off Hero
    Also lads I'm getting in and out this week, I expect OTWs and everything else to crash hard during the Lunar event

Yeah i'm staying as liquid as i can over Lunar
  • Advait
    14717 posts World Class
    Likewise. Thanks for the input gents, let's keep this rolling
    I'll try to be in and out like @WTFsmirky08 explained with Costa and VVD
  • I bought a James Rodriguez for 129k. He plays great for Bayern this year, scored the last two games, so he's bound to get another IF I think. And 130k for a 87 rated CAM is not too bad anyway.
  • KRANG00
    1869 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited February 2018
    See an interview with Chelsea manger conte earlier today and he said he has no idea when Morata will be back, I’d stay well away from him., something don’t add up with him and Chelsea at the minute.
  • KRANG00 wrote: »
    See an interview with Chelsea manger conte earlier today and he said he has no idea when Morata will be back, I’d stay well away from him., something don’t add up with him and Chelsea at the minute.

That true? I packed him tradeable, so was hoping he would score and get another IF before selling him off. But who is going to be Chelsea's striker then? Giroud? Sorry, I don't follow the Premier League that much.
  • KRANG00
    1869 posts Play-Off Hero
    KRANG00 wrote: »

That true? I packed him tradeable, so was hoping he would score and get another IF before selling him off. But who is going to be Chelsea's striker then? Giroud? Sorry, I don't follow the Premier League that much.

Yeah I’m a Chelsea fan for my sins, if our manager hasn’t got a clue when he’s gonna play again it’s not a good sign, if I hear anything about a timeframe of when he’s going to be fit i’ll Give a head ups in here.

Yes will be Giroud or Hazard plays as striker when he has to.
  • WTFsmirky08
    2973 posts National Call-Up
    Just got back from the pub and bought a few more

Joao Mario - Looks like a starter for Wet Sham, good stats, they play Watford at the weekend at home so hopefully it'll create hype. He is a pretty well rounded CM, which will only get better with an IF.

Deulofue - Looked very good in his last game, very few options LW in prem and in La Liga, he is spanish so will be good for hybrids, 4* 4* and good W/R. Could be onto a winner, I'm confident there is hype there

Locadia - Outside bet, but I think he'll make the bench this weekend for Brighton who play Stoke, Brighton have been in decent form. He'll also go above his 81 PSV IF if he gets an IF and his 81 is already a bit of an OP beast, so could be a very good bet

They are all rising now, as expected

I'm still getting in and out this weekend, may hold 1 or 2 of each until 90 minutes just in case.
  • RandomLhama83
    10107 posts Has That Special Something
    anyone know why VVD has spiked up all the sudden?
  • JamieT96
    6980 posts Big Money Move
    Just got back from the pub and bought a few more

Joao Mario - Looks like a starter for Wet Sham, good stats, they play Watford at the weekend at home so hopefully it'll create hype. He is a pretty well rounded CM, which will only get better with an IF.

Deulofue - Looked very good in his last game, very few options LW in prem and in La Liga, he is spanish so will be good for hybrids, 4* 4* and good W/R. Could be onto a winner, I'm confident there is hype there

Locadia - Outside bet, but I think he'll make the bench this weekend for Brighton who play Stoke, Brighton have been in decent form. He'll also go above his 81 PSV IF if he gets an IF and his 81 is already a bit of an OP beast, so could be a very good bet

They are all rising now, as expected

I'm still getting in and out this weekend, may hold 1 or 2 of each until 90 minutes just in case.

I've been interested in all of them.

Joao Mario appears to be playing a CAM role at West Ham which is good for his OTW but it's West Ham that I don't have faith in.

Deulofeu had a great game against Chelsea, new manager in is supposedly very good and clearly likes him, I'll be keeping an eye on him.

If Locadia drops below 20k I may pick up a few, Brighton's record signing won't be sitting on the bench for long. As you've said the fact he jumps to a SIF makes him far more desirable.
  • JamieT96
    joe666 wrote: »

No more supply, everyone's buying.
  • RandomLhama83
    JamieT96 wrote: »

thx.... i was able to get 1 at 65k just before the rush. almost got a 2nd but didnt notice how fast he was pushing and lost all the bids.... best to hold it til sunday or sell now ?
  • richo27
    3735 posts National Call-Up
    Picked up Tosun and Barkley.
  • JamieT96

thx.... i was able to get 1 at 65k just before the rush. almost got a 2nd but didnt notice how fast he was pushing and lost all the bids.... best to hold it til sunday or sell now ?

He'll only rose up until the Southampton game so hold now and sell before kick off for guaranteed profit.
  • JamieT96
    richo27 wrote: »

I don't know much about Tosun to comment, big money move so I'd expect him to start for Everton but he may find it difficult to transition from the Super League to the Prem.

Barkley is a no buy for me. Can't see him getting much game time at Chelsea.
  • GedankeUlme
    779 posts Semi-Pro
    edited February 2018
    Bernadeschi just scored in a big game against Florentina lads!!!

Edit: and his price already sky rocket!! Damn.
  • richo27

I don't know much about Tosun to comment, big money move so I'd expect him to start for Everton but he may find it difficult to transition from the Super League to the Prem.

Paid 31k for Barkley. Agree high risk, but will be a top drawer CM with 5* weak foot if gets one. Worth a go. Tosun jumps to a SIF if gets one, great in the air. Worth a go at around 25-28k.
  • JamieT96

Paid 31k for Barkley. Agree high risk, but will be a top drawer CM with 5* weak foot if gets one. Worth a go. Tosun jumps to a SIF if gets one, great in the air. Worth a go at around 25-28k.

I know I just can't see him getting the chance to get an IF.

Completely forgot about Tosun's TOTGS card, makes him far more interesting.
  • Bahnzo
    40 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Thanks for the info guys, I've really learned a lot reading so far.

I'm in America, and in the west as well, so games are very early for me. Which I can see might make it tough to work with OTW's. Any suggestions, as I'm NOT getting up at 4am to list players. I rarely see any EPL games live, with the exception of the late afternoon kickoffs.
  • Bahnzo wrote: »

I'm in America, and in the west as well, so games are very early for me. Which I can see might make it tough to work with OTW's. Any suggestions, as I'm NOT getting up at 4am to list players. I rarely see any EPL games live, with the exception of the late afternoon kickoffs.

I don't think you have to watch the games live to make profit with OTW cards. Sure, it helps, of course, but you can buy players a few hours before kick-off and just sell them afterwards if they have a good game.

Like Bernadeschi right now. You could've bought him for less than 35k a few hours ago and he is 60k right now because he scored a great free kick for Juventus against Florentina (currently 0:1 Juve, 74th minute)
  • richo27
    Locadia is another one that jumps to a SIF. Price target under 25k would be nice.

Lacazette and Morata are two I would avoid.
  • JamieT96
    Bahnzo wrote: »

If you're looking for the sell after they score tactic, just set a realistic price and list for 12 hours before you're off to bed would be my best solution.
  • richo27 wrote: »
    Why would you avoid Lacazette? Sure, Arsenal bought Aubameyang but Lacazette surely will play as well and probably score, no? And his IF will be great and in high demand if he gets one.
  • Parth12008
    1414 posts Professional
    Have 32 Costa, 3 Morata and 5 Tolisso
  • RandomLhama83
    picked up one more virgil at 78k. screw it. im taking the risk. what do i got to lose? its play coins anyway
  • Italionstallion91
    542 posts An Exciting Prospect

I live in the U.S as well and you don't need to watch the games just follow your player and that team if he starts sell on hype or wait until he scores.
  • Italionstallion91
    542 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Btw PSG is playing on Saturday with all the "Farmers blocking the roads" will there be a game? I need mbap to start.
  • richo27
    Why would you avoid Lacazette? Sure, Arsenal bought Aubameyang but Lacazette surely will play as well and probably score, no? And his IF will be great and in high demand if he gets one.

He won’t start that many Prem games at the moment as makes the side too attacking given Auba, Mkhy and Ozil are certain starters. Best chance is Europa with him.
  • Bahnzo
    40 posts Last Pick at the Park

If you're looking for the sell after they score tactic, just set a realistic price and list for 12 hours before you're off to bed would be my best solution.

I was looking more to buy players after the game when they dip in price, and then sell before game when they are in demand. Maybe hold 1 or 2 on the chance they seem like an IF is possible.

I'll have to do some test runs and watch what prices do. I'm generally up when the games are ending, so I think I could be fine with that, it's the selling part I'm unsure about.
  • WTFsmirky08

I was looking more to buy players after the game when they dip in price, and then sell before game when they are in demand. Maybe hold 1 or 2 on the chance they seem like an IF is possible.

I'll have to do some test runs and watch what prices do. I'm generally up when the games are ending, so I think I could be fine with that, it's the selling part I'm unsure about.

TBH if you manage to grab them after a game for a cheap price I imagine you are going to still make significant profit lets say on the eve of the game, just look to sell whenever you go to bed, presumably you only sleep around 8 hours like most of us, so selling 8 hours before the game will make you money per card IMO

But you are doing the right thing, maybe have a look at what the prices do

These two weeks might not be an ideal testing ground as I reckon people will be looking to sell everything next week so anticipate a crash on all cards

Obviously feel free to pick our brains, hopefully we get more right then wrong
  • WTFsmirky08
    Locadia is another one that jumps to a SIF. Price target under 25k would be nice.

Morata is an interesting one, so lets all keep our eyes peeled as to his injury.

I don't believe he is out for the season at all, not one bit, no way would they leave themselves with just Giroud.

He has tanked due to Conte's comments though, but if say he is back in a week I think his price might spike