Let's talk
Post edited by Advait on

Comments

• Advait
    14717 posts World Class
    edited February 2018
  • yiddo13
    1286 posts Professional
    Might it be worth setting up the first post to show the list of players, might be a pain but could add next league game each week too?
  • Advait
    14717 posts World Class
    yiddo13 wrote: »
    Might it be worth setting up the first post to show the list of players, might be a pain but could add next league game each week too?

Working on it
    I think it'll be better to have upcoming games in comments as and a the thread progresses
  • JamieT96
    6980 posts Big Money Move
    Good to get this going again, was a great thread last year.

Can I recommend a title change to PS4 OTW/PTG trading thread and discussion as PTG cards are in essence the same as OTW.

Currently have 45 PTG Rodrigo bought at ~22k each. Starts basically every game for 3rd placed Valencia as a striker and has consistently been scoring and assisting this year, only a matter of time imo.

I've got 20 OTW Lucas bought at ~45k each. Playing for Spurs with Kane up top and an advanced trio of Alli, Eriksen and Son. If one of those 3 get injured he's their best option or when Spurs have to rotate with Champions League games. Also has a good card already, an inform would make him one of the best prem right wingers.

I'm waiting until after this weekend drop another mil into a OTW player. Thinking Diego Costa, Joao Mario or Deulofeu, each have advantages so I'll have to make a decision after they've played their games.

Side note, also have untradeable Mbappe, Salah, Tolisso, Walker, Mkhitaryan and Rodriguez.
  • yiddo13
    1286 posts Professional
    JamieT96 wrote: »

Can I recommend a title change to PS4 OTW/PTG trading thread and discussion as PTG cards are in essence the same as OTW.

Currently have 45 PTG Rodrigo bought at ~22k each. Starts basically every game for 3rd placed Valencia as a striker and has consistently been scoring and assisting this year, only a matter of time imo.

I've got 20 OTW Lucas bought at ~45k each. Playing for Spurs with Kane up top and an advanced trio of Alli, Eriksen and Son. If one of those 3 get injured he's their best option or when Spurs have to rotate with Champions League games. Also has a good card already, an inform would make him one of the best prem right wingers.

I'm waiting until after this weekend drop another mil into a OTW player. Thinking Diego Costa, Joao Mario or Deulofeu, each have advantages so I'll have to make a decision after they've played their games.

Side note, also have untradeable Mbappe, Salah, Tolisso, Walker, Mkhitaryan and Rodriguez.

I think Lucas will only be a sub for a while. Apparently he's not fully match fit and Poch is notorious for not playing them until they're up to his high fitness standards. He may come on at the weekend against the goons. As you say though with the up coming tough games he may feel the need to throw him in a bit quicker than normal.

Obviously this week, maybe next Salah, Walcott, Batshuayi would be best avoided as they are unlikely to be given another IF so quickly.
  • miri
    2770 posts Fans' Favourite

Some great advice here. Diego Costa is the one I'm going in on. Hadn't thought of Rodrigo but that's actually a great shout.
  • yiddo13
    1286 posts Professional
    edited February 2018
    Diego Costa - next game away at bottom of the table Malaga. Although Atletico aren't massive scorers away of late could definitely be worth a look.
  • DANNYDANNYINGS
    706 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Costa's a 20+ per season striker he'll definitely bag an IF or 2 by seasons end, how much is his card currently?
  • yiddo13
    1286 posts Professional
    Costa's a 20+ per season striker he'll definitely bag an IF or 2 by seasons end, how much is his card currently?

86k ish
  • JamieT96
    miri wrote: »

Some great advice here. Diego Costa is the one I'm going in on. Hadn't thought of Rodrigo but that's actually a great shout.

Thanks, I want to get in on Diego Costa as I think he's the safest OTW player to go for. You're just guaranteed goals with him but I was greedy and didn't pick him up when he was under 80k so I'm just gonna wait til after their game on the weekend and hope he does nothing and then pick up 10-15 at below 80k.

If he doesn't drop or scores a hat trick then ah well, I'll move onto the next one.
    yiddo13 wrote: »

I think Lucas will only be a sub for a while. Apparently he's not fully match fit and Poch is notorious for not playing them until they're up to his high fitness standards. He may come on at the weekend against the goons. As you say though with the up coming tough games he may feel the need to throw him in a bit quicker than normal.

Obviously this week, maybe next Salah, Walcott, Batshuayi would be best avoided as they are unlikely to be given another IF so quickly.

Yeah he's more of a long term one I'm hoping even off the bench he could grab a goal or assist.
  • Advait
    14717 posts World Class
    edited February 2018
    Personally Diego seems the best bet, even at 85

Anyone jumping on him at this price?
  • Blublud84
    208 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Go buy IF Ulreich, will be needed for Bayern SBC
  • Advait
    14717 posts World Class
    Blublud84 wrote: »

Inflated
  • Derryboy1893
    3595 posts National Call-Up
    Advait wrote: »

Inflated

He knows, he's been spamming threads with it, pretty sure it's him that's inflated his price.
  • WTFsmirky08
    2973 posts National Call-Up

Didn't realise he had an OTW
  • Mini_Miudo
    10005 posts Has That Special Something

Most consistent TOTS Rodrigo incoming. :trollface:
  • Tommygunn
    3218 posts National Call-Up
    I bought some PTG forsberg and the Bayern striker. He’ll rotate with Lewa and for 18k he’s a steal. Forsberg is a 83 so if he does get an if it’ll be decent rated shame PTG is LM
  • RandomLhama83
    10105 posts Has That Special Something
    id stay away from these otw investments. picked batshuyi recently, hours after he dropped 10,000 coins in value right away. Too risky. imo.
  • WTFsmirky08
    Low Risk

So basically, OTWs are a MASSIVELY easy way to make coins when you have enough to start mass buying with little risk, unless of course the idiot you have mass invested in gets injured in training, at which point you want to be either getting out ASAP or waiting it out.

If we look into Futbin graphs, there is a very predictable price fluctuation with them, if you by after a bad game then they will effectively be at their lowest point, hold through the week and come the lineup of the next game you should be able to sell on for the new inflated price due to people buying in anticipation of that player potentially getting an IF.

For example, for last weekends games Diego Costa, even fresh in packs could be picked up at around 80k, come game day (against Valencia) he rose to around 95-100k, so thats an increase average of 15k per card and an 11k per card profit. After the match they drop, in this instance Costa fell to around 70/75k per card, this would generally be my pick up point.

The way I look at it, if I have bought 30 I will sell 20 at the inflated price and keep hold of 10, this means that I have a chance to sell on for a bumper price if he scores.

If your OTW/PTG player scores then that price will spike and spike fast, I would expect an increase of 50k minimum on a player like Costa within 10 minutes, that hype will subside though, so Id suggest not necessarily listing at the maximum price as its difficult to predict.

MEDIUM RISK

Now, lets say that he has a barnstormer, scores a hat trick and gets a MOTM, he is basically guaranteed an IF right and its too late to invest ?

WRONG

Generally what happens is there is still a panic sell come 90 mins, as most of the community try to get out at what they perceive to be the 'peak'. So normally if you feel they are a 'lock' you can still grab them around up to 30-60 mins after a game in the next dip, the trend usually will then be upwards, spiking if they make it into the popular FUTBIN and FUTHEAD predictions.

I would suggest selling before announcement if you are worried, or potentially wait until announcement and sell off then. DO NOT hold until 6pm on a Wednesday, as they will drop HARD

HIGH RISK

And not a method that I use at all if I'm honest but I will talk about it. If a 'live' item player makes it into the TOTW what you will see is a panic sell once that TOTW is released and the IF prices are volatile. This causes another crash of the OTW price. In many circumstances this presents another good time to pick up the OTW as generally they will naturally rise again from that moment.

I don't necessarily recommend this though, as its;

A. Hard to judge the actual settled price and so what profit can be made

B. More importantly for my investing purposes, it'll be unlikely the player will be in another TOTW for atleast a week, and so I feel affects the pre match hype prices.

If you need anything else shout guys
  • WTFsmirky08
    This weekend I went in hard on;

Virgil Van Dijk - He hit around 100k pre match day last week, and is playing Saints. Now, being a season ticket supporter I know how bad we are at defending set pieces, and I would say VVD will cause us a specific threat for most of the game. Therefore I think he will get hyped. Its also a Sunday game, so it allows a further 24 hrs of hype after the SBC ends

Diego Costa- As others have said he is playing bottom of the table Malaga this weekend, so likely will be hyped and also likely to pay off with a goal or two.

Coutinho - I picked him up previous to last nights Copa Del ray, This gives me two games in a week to hype sell him AND I half anticipate him to get a MOTM card for his performance last night.
  • WTFsmirky08
    I would say, look to buy OTWs not at discard ASAP that you fancy, as I think that their price will only really rise from now on but do not buy any discard OTWs until after 6pm tonight when people will be selling off their stock
  • RandomLhama83

Virgil Van Dijk - He hit around 100k pre match day last week, and is playing Saints. Now, being a season ticket supporter I know how bad we are at defending set pieces, and I would say VVD will cause us a specific threat for most of the game. Therefore I think he will get hyped. Its also a Sunday game, so it allows a further 24 hrs of hype after the SBC ends

Diego Costa- As others have said he is playing bottom of the table Malaga this weekend, so likely will be hyped and also likely to pay off with a goal or two.

Coutinho - I picked him up previous to last nights Copa Del ray, This gives me two games in a week to hype sell him AND I half anticipate him to get a MOTM card for his performance last night.

is OTW VVD a good investment for the weekend?
  • JamieT96
    joe666 wrote: »
    id stay away from these otw investments. picked batshuyi recently, hours after he dropped 10,000 coins in value right away. Too risky. imo.

Just because you don't understand how to trade OTW cards doesn't mean they're too risky.
  • WTFsmirky08

is OTW VVD a good investment for the weekend?

I think so personally
  • KRANG00
    1869 posts Play-Off Hero

All about timing, i picked 3 up for 99k 1 day before totw, then sold for 135k as soon as it was announced

His max bin was 150k people were seeing profit that wasn't there
  • JamieT96

Great input, do you plan on selling Van Dijk before the game or are you hoping for a goal? Always risky picking up OTW defenders. Thinking of everyone who was burnt last year on OTW Bailey.
  • WTFsmirky08

Great input, do you plan on selling Van Dijk before the game or are you hoping for a goal? Always risky picking up OTW defenders. Thinking of everyone who was burnt last year on OTW Bailey.

I'll more than likely sell the bulk of my investment, but I think Ill hold onto 3-5, but not many, as like you say he is a defender so the risk is high

I just know how ❤️❤️❤️❤️ we are and have a feeling that he might bite us as we have all been slagging off his form at Liverpool.

Also, Coutinho is as low as I have seen him more or less, now I do have 5, before anyone accuses me of starting hype, I'm not. But we got MOTM cards for last round of the Copa Del Rey so we MIGHT get MOTM cards tonight that might include Coutinho. If not, Barca play again this weekend so you could likely get your money back I think pre match.

I bought at these prices;

VVD - 65k max

Diego Costa - 75k max

Coutinho - 170k max

Prices have risen though
  • RandomLhama83
    edited February 2018

Just because you don't understand how to trade OTW cards doesn't mean they're too risky.

whats too understand? market is completetly random. Cant tell which direction it will go. im going to give VVD a try though. I got some play coins. don't rly need it.
  • WTFsmirky08

whats too understand? market is completetly random. Cant tell which direction it will go. im going to give VVD a try though. I got some play coins. don't rly need it.

I'd wait and pick up discard OTWs when they drop at 6 if you are unfamiliar with the market.

Or spend this week looking at what the prices do and learn the market

But basically;

They spike pre match and crash post match (if its a bad performance) and readily rise through the week
  • WTFsmirky08
    Also lads I'm getting in and out this week, I expect OTWs and everything else to crash hard during the Lunar event