How do you decide player numbers?

Let’s say you have Ronaldinho and Pele on the same team. Who’s the #10? You have Crespo and R9, who gets to wear #9? Who is your 17? Boateng or Petit?

Comments

• Azof
    16755 posts World Class
    People care for that?
  • SupaNoodle1990
    26033 posts Player of the Year
    Icon takes priority, then other player takes his national team number or the closest to his club number.
  • Oliver Powell
    1790 posts Play-Off Hero
    using any other number other than 9 on ronaldo is a criminal offence.

first come first served for me. adp was bought first, so he gets 10. ronaldinho settles for 80, which he wore for milan.
  • NornIron
    11755 posts Has That Special Something
    I don't think it matters sometimes I change then the next match my striker is number 1, keeper 9 etc.
  • dylwms
    2306 posts Fans' Favourite
    NornIron wrote: »
    I don't think it matters sometimes I change then the next match my striker is number 1, keeper 9 etc.

• ManTrain
    3000 posts National Call-Up

first come first served for me. adp was bought first, so he gets 10. ronaldinho settles for 80, which he wore for milan.

Dinho is also 80 for me.
  • SupaNoodle1990
    26033 posts Player of the Year
    NornIron wrote: »

Kit numbers don’t change for me, unless I change a player in the squad.
  • Azof wrote: »
    People care for that?

I do. I’m sure some people do as well. I grew up with certain numbers being reserved for top tier players
  • Icon takes priority, then other player takes his national team number or the closest to his club number.
    Been having to do that sometimes unless they use he same number. One time I had Messi and Maradona, so Maradona was 10 and Messi 19 for his original Barca number.
  • FIFA Legend
    739 posts Semi-Pro
    edited February 2018

Ah ok, see id give R10 the shirt. Regardless of tenure because he’s a bigger legend in my opinion, but if I had Pele, then he would be 10 and Ronaldinho 11.
  • Hibee
    12143 posts Has That Special Something
    I have my whole team in tradional numbers. Back four of numbers 3, 5, 6, 2 etc. And it totally bugs me the game randomly gives your team new numbers.
  • Maverick
    4937 posts Big Money Move
    I dont really know lol. I run a 41212 with Bale-CR7 and ADP behind. Bale is 9, CR7 is well, 7 lol, and ADP is 10. I don't really care about the rest
  • Kamilflage
    5004 posts Big Money Move
    Based on actual numbers irl, and if conflicting then I give priority to who I like better
  • SergiuLive
    3170 posts National Call-Up
    I just gave up setting them up, they are changed every few games by some mysterious force.
  • Kamilflage
    5004 posts Big Money Move
    SergiuLive wrote: »
    I just gave up setting them up, they are changed every few games by some mysterious force.

Hahaha yeah seriously WTF is that??? how is this still a thing??
  • Hibee wrote: »
    I have my whole team in tradional numbers. Back four of numbers 3, 5, 6, 2 etc. And it totally bugs me the game randomly gives your team new numbers.

That’s interesting, so you assign numbers based on position within your formation?
  • VanBasten12
    6784 posts Big Money Move
    Yeah, this kit number issue is becoming an issue ... scored a decent goal with Henry - saveable quality last night - just to see him wearing the number 1 jersey. FFS!
  • Mc
    3945 posts National Call-Up
    Do u have to assign player numbers everytime u start fut? Or are they saved?
  • VanBasten12
    6784 posts Big Money Move
    Mc wrote: »
    Do u have to assign player numbers everytime u start fut? Or are they saved?

Initially I'd say it's random, but given it's coding, there is some event that causes a reshuffle of numbers. Have no idea exactly what that is - could be applying a squad fitness on the 5th time that causes this. Who knows?

Sad that it's not on the high priority issues list for EA.
  • AIeks
    4991 posts National Call-Up
    Ronaldinho is always #10

Rest is based on what they have at their current club, if there's lots with the same number like, 5, then I just use NT number or pick some double digits that are available.
  • Cheetah Thumbs
    4385 posts National Call-Up
    I've never changed a number.
  • Diggy
    13685 posts Has That Special Something
    Ronaldo gets 9 ADP gets 10

The poor cousins, Crespo & Rui have to fight over 7 & 11
  • Diggy
    13685 posts Has That Special Something
    My experience

If you change shirt numbers & get them in the next game they will stay for eternity

Unless you change anything in your squad this includes

Swapping players from your club to any position
    Swapping positions of any player in your squad

Changing any squad number will also screw it up for the next match but once u change it again it will be fine
  • scalaneopt
    870 posts Semi-Pro
    edited February 2018
    I don’t have Maradona but if I he I would have the number 10. But from my players is the number that they used in their prime. Rui Costa 10, Ronaldinho 7 ( When in the national team), Roberto Carlos 6.
    After that is GK 1, defenders between 2-4, midfielders 8 and 5, my best attacker is 9 followed by 11 or 20 for subs.
  • Fab
    18059 posts World Class
    My Handanovic is 93!
  • Oliver Powell
    1790 posts Play-Off Hero
    1 - handanovic

24 - florenzi
    44- manolos
    2 - koulibaly
    31 - ghoulam

55 - bonaventura
    4 - vieira
    17 - hamsik

10- adp

80- ronaldinho
    8 - gullit
  • IDARYL
    5677 posts Big Money Move
    it has 0 importance to me what number my players have....couldn't tell you one of my players numbers
  • lewspaz
    793 posts Semi-Pro
    I literally couldn’t care less about my player numbers
  • Daveyb
    2950 posts Fans' Favourite
    The computer just picks mine for me