Check out the pitch notes for an update on upcoming content here.

The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on console & PC and includes the changes listed here.

Opinions on the 90 R9?

Gigaa_Byte
2087 posts Fans' Favourite
Was using CR7 but for some reason he's not the player he used to be for me, might be because I had him on 7 chem. Looking for players similar to CR7 and the only ones that come close are probably Prime Henry + R90, can't really afford Prime Henry so wondering what's the 90 R9 like?

If there's any other players you have used that are similar to CR7 please let me know, or any attacking players that you really like in general that can play Striker.

Comments

• Choepiechakie
    32819 posts National Team Captain
    CR7 is better
  • Maverick
    5885 posts Big Money Move
    R90 is good, but CR7 is better.
  • Gigaa_Byte
    @Choepiechakie @Maverick May I ask what makes him better? I personally prefer the quick off the mark, burst of acceleration type of players and CR7 in particular this weekend felt awful, felt very sluggish and hard to turn with. Where as Prime R10 was absolutely destroying and felt perfect.
  • Choepiechakie
    Immense finishing, strength, dribbling finishes everything inside the box, can head the ball.

R90 is immense as well, but cr7 is just better
  • Realist
    3050 posts National Call-Up
    He’s ace. Puts most away, fitness, driven, long shots does them all. Good touch on the ball and great speed burst. Happy to say I got him BUT....it’s a lot of coins. That’s the only thing. I may sell him and can massively upgrade 3 areas in my team for the same price.
  • Gigaa_Byte
    Immense finishing, strength, dribbling finishes everything inside the box, can head the ball.

@Choepiechakie Do you not have a problem with him taking a little while to get up to speed? Sometimes for me CR7 feels very sluggish.
  • Choepiechakie
    Gigaa_Byte wrote: »

@Choepiechakie Do you not have a problem with him taking a little while to get up to speed? Sometimes for me CR7 feels very sluggish.

Not at all, have him too in striker position, and he 's a gamechanger.
  • Gigaa_Byte
    Realist wrote: »
    He’s ace. Puts most away, fitness, driven, long shots does them all. Good touch on the ball and great speed burst. Happy to say I got him BUT....it’s a lot of coins. That’s the only thing. I may sell him and can massively upgrade 3 areas in my team for the same price.

Yeah that's the only thing that's annoying me slightly is the fact he's around 700k more than CR7. I can't think of any other players that can provide similar to what CR7 does other than R90/R94 or Prime Henry. :(
  • Maverick
    5885 posts Big Money Move
    @Choepiechakie @Maverick May I ask what makes him better? I personally prefer the quick off the mark, burst of acceleration type of players and CR7 in particular this weekend felt awful, felt very sluggish and hard to turn with. Where as Prime R10 was absolutely destroying and felt perfect.

If you prefer quick acceleration, then maybe R90 would be a good fit for you. I prefer stronger players this year, and since CR7 is the best overall player, he comes with that plus a lot more, why is why I think he's better than R90. But make no mistake, R90 is fast and has great shooting.
  • Gigaa_Byte
    Maverick wrote: »

If you prefer quick acceleration, then maybe R90 would be a good fit for you. I prefer stronger players this year, and since CR7 is the best overall player, he comes with that plus a lot more, why is why I think he's better than R90. But make no mistake, R90 is fast and has great shooting.

@Maverick Yeah that's exactly my type of player, that burst of acceleration is key for me and the way I play. It's why Prime R10 is so good for me, has the type of burst I've not seen from any other player on this game.
  • Kloral
    3709 posts National Call-Up
    I didn't think he was worth the coins.
  • Gigaa_Byte
    edited February 2018
    Kloral wrote: »

@Kloral Any other suggestions to go with?
  • Realist

Yeah that's the only thing that's annoying me slightly is the fact he's around 700k more than CR7. I can't think of any other players that can provide similar to what CR7 does other than R90/R94 or Prime Henry. :(

Depends how happy you are with the rest of your team. If you’re set and you need that final piece and have the coins then get him. I by no means have a poverty team around him but I’m finding it hard to be bothered to trade as much to grind out more coins so thinking I may spread things around a bit. For example I gave scream Deulofeu, nif mbappe and totgs stone and R90. If I sell R90 I could then get nif neymar, 88 kluivert, 88 Rio and Messi. Which option is better? I’m still figuring it out but while I do I’m enjoying playing with R90 that’s for sure!!!
  • Gigaa_Byte

Depends how happy you are with the rest of your team. If you’re set and you need that final piece and have the coins then get him. I by no means have a poverty team around him but I’m finding it hard to be bothered to trade as much to grind out more coins so thinking I may spread things around a bit. For example I gave scream Deulofeu, nif mbappe and totgs stone and R90. If I sell R90 I could then get nif neymar, 88 kluivert, 88 Rio and Messi. Which option is better? I’m still figuring it out but while I do I’m enjoying playing with R90 that’s for sure!!!

Hmm, yeah maybe the second option is better. I'm so stuck haha.
  • Nervous_Nick
    6167 posts Big Money Move

@Maverick Yeah that's exactly my type of player, that burst of acceleration is key for me and the way I play. It's why Prime R10 is so good for me, has the type of burst I've not seen from any other player on this game.

Maradona has got that burst of acceleration, even more than Prime Dinho.
    Or just get Lozano :D
  • Gigaa_Byte

Maradona has got that burst of acceleration, even more than Prime Dinho.
    Or just get Lozano :D

I have looked at Maradona, but I'd only ever play him at CAM and Ronaldinho has that spot tied up for the rest of FIFA 18.
  • Nervous_Nick
    6167 posts Big Money Move
    stay away from Prime Henry, he's great but he has not that dynamite first step you're looking for.
  • Gigaa_Byte
    stay away from Prime Henry, he's great but he has not that dynamite first step you're looking for.

Yeah tbh I have a couple friends who did Prime Henry and loved him at first but are really starting to dislike him now.
  • Kloral

NIF CR7
  • Gigaa_Byte

NIF CR7

*Sigh*
  • Kloral
    edited February 2018

NIF CR7

*Sigh*

There is only CR7, Henry and Ronaldo in the same bracket mate :pensive:

Edit: you could always try TOTY Kane?
  • Gigaa_Byte

NIF CR7

*Sigh*

Nah, like I said, I prefer the burst of acceleration type players.
  • Kloral

NIF CR7

*Sigh*

Only got the other three then in that bracket.
  • Gigaa_Byte

NIF CR7

*Sigh*

Only got the other three then in that bracket.

@Kloral Even though he's not worth the coins, would you say the 90 R9 is just as good or very close to CR7?
  • Diggy
    14156 posts Has That Special Something
    I’ve got R90 & he’s a lot of fun his only flaw for me is his m/m work rates

He’s so good though I even changed formation & the players around him just st to make him work
  • Gigaa_Byte
    Diggy wrote: »
    I’ve got R90 & he’s a lot of fun his only flaw for me is his m/m work rates

He’s so good though I even changed formation & the players around him just st to make him work

@Diggy I see he has tries to beat defensive line trait, whenever I've used a player with that trait they're still insane at making runs. I'm guessing R90 is no different?

What about the M/M work rates annoys you?
  • Diggy
    I don’t like any striker with m/m they seem to drop too deep the only way I’vegot him to work is 4222 with the 2nd striker on false 9 so they drop back instead
  • Gigaa_Byte
    I don’t like any striker with m/m they seem to drop too deep the only way I’vegot him to work is 4222 with the 2nd striker on false 9 so they drop back instead

@Diggy Hmm, does he still make runs though?
  • Realist

You have to trigger them more. Maybe setting his custom to get in behind may help as well. I need to try that.
  • Diggy

Yes but like said above you have to trigger them more he wants the ball at his feet like all m/m attackers