OT: Xbox live ban

Antparry92
17695 posts World Class
So have just found out that I’ve been given a 7 day ban on xbox live for ‘communications’.

So turns out last week I played a fella who I beat. Then proceeded to get the usual abuse, so I messaged back basically telling him to give his head a wobble and that there was no need for abuse. He then added me in to a party to which 6-7 other lads continued to give abuse over the mic and message me, which was all rather entertaining for 5 minutes till I got bored of it and told them to bore off. All of them reported me, because the lad that lost told them to (heard him him tell them over mic).

Is it possible that that would have been enough for the ban?

Comments

• ImmigrantMentality
    6027 posts Big Money Move
    edited February 2018
    if any of your messages had a swear word in then probably. i always get people banned.
  • TalentFG
    1532 posts Play-Off Hero
    Why would you join a party and just listen to abuse without retorting?
  • Antparry92
    17695 posts World Class
    TalentFG wrote: »
    Why would you join a party and just listen to abuse without retorting?

I reported 2 of them and basically had them vent,messaged calling them pathetic and reported it
  • Azof
    16630 posts World Class
    paying for a service that will ban you for using a naughty word, yikes
  • Antparry92
    17695 posts World Class
    Azof wrote: »
    paying for a service that will ban you for using a naughty word, yikes
    Or even worse, letting others get away with it on mic
  • Michael LFC 96
    3711 posts National Call-Up
    Happens all the time. Never join a party you don't know, happened to me before so I just ignore all invites now.
  • Antparry92
    17695 posts World Class
    Happens all the time. Never join a party you don't know, happened to me before so I just ignore all invites now.

Definitely learnt this the hard way....thought I’d humour them
  • TTAZ
    1842 posts Play-Off Hero
    Yeah just try to avoid responding. Next ban will be longer. I know from experience lol
  • Orison
    48688 posts FIFA Cover Star
    TTAZ wrote: »
    Yeah just try to avoid responding. Next ban will be longer. I know from experience lol

Where's the fun in that lol. Just keep focusing on banter, as long as you don't insult or swear XBOX won't ban you.
  • Fab
    17855 posts World Class
    Did you not report them?? When I get a rage message, my objective is clear. I'll bait the sender to insult me even more without violating any rules and then I report him! Always satisfaction when Sony gives me that notification that the pathetic loser that sent me a rage message has been dealt with. Sometimes it doesn't work, no worries move on.
  • PJazz
    2219 posts Fans' Favourite

That's a great advice right there!
  • Antparry92
    17695 posts World Class
    Fab wrote: »
    Did you not report them?? When I get a rage message, my objective is clear. I'll bait the sender to insult me even more without violating any rules and then I report him! Always satisfaction when Sony gives me that notification that the pathetic loser that sent me a rage message has been dealt with. Sometimes it doesn't work, no worries move on.

Reported them. But numerous reports from all the ones in the party probably weighed more than me reporting them singularly
  • Pablunz
    62 posts Park Captain
    You probably deserved it just for using the phrase ‘give your head a wobble’.
  • Jasteban93
    57 posts Park Captain
    Pablunz wrote: »
    You probably deserved it just for using the phrase ‘give your head a wobble’.

I don't know, I think 'Give your head a wobble.' is going to be my next catch phrase. Love it.
  • Blarix
    20838 posts Club Captain
    Antparry92 wrote: »
    So have just found out that I’ve been given a 7 day ban on xbox live for ‘communications’.

So turns out last week I played a fella who I beat. Then proceeded to get the usual abuse, so I messaged back basically telling him to give his head a wobble and that there was no need for abuse. He then added me in to a party to which 6-7 other lads continued to give abuse over the mic and message me, which was all rather entertaining for 5 minutes till I got bored of it and told them to bore off. All of them reported me, because the lad that lost told them to (heard him him tell them over mic).

If 5 or more people report you xbox bans you. It's a terrible system and happened to me as well.
  • Davisto
    6297 posts Big Money Move
    I’ll always remember winding someone up on rainbow 6 vegas years ago i said relax mate its a game there are kids in the lobby he sent me a message saying you cutn who are you suppose to be harvey dent :joy: loool
  • ImmigrantMentality
    6027 posts Big Money Move
    Blarix wrote: »

If 5 or more people report you xbox bans you. It's a terrible system and happened to me as well.

translates to 'i got banned for being a fool so xbox punished me accordingly. terrible system.'
  • Blarix
    20838 posts Club Captain

translates to 'i got banned for being a fool so xbox punished me accordingly. terrible system.'

Jumping to conclusions again huh.

• hoban95
    49112 posts FIFA Cover Star
    Christ this makes me think i really got away with things on COD4. I would had easily been perm banned nowdays for some of the stuff i'd say. :joy:
  • Blarix
    20838 posts Club Captain
    hoban95 wrote: »
    Christ this makes me think i really got away with things on COD4. I would had easily been perm banned nowdays for some of the stuff i'd say. :joy:

Oh yeah xbox 360 days was mental . Some people said some really horrific things. Wishing diseases on people etc. Now it's the opposite it's so strict that you can't say the word ****.
  • hoban95
    49112 posts FIFA Cover Star

Oh yeah xbox 360 days was mental . Some people said some really horrific things. Wishing diseases on people etc. Now it's the opposite it's so strict that you can't say the word ****.

I half played COD4 for the arguments. :joy:
  • Choepiechakie
    31577 posts National Team Captain
    if any of your messages had a swear word in then probably. i always get people banned.

• Choepiechakie

Gears of War was the place to be for the arguments
  • Blarix
    20838 posts Club Captain
    edited February 2018

I was mega star on gow 1 :joy:

The abuse i used to receive on daily basis was insane
  • Choepiechakie

I was mega star on gow 1 :joy:

The abuse i used to receive on daily basis was insane

Haha I remember raiding some other ppls party with some friends :lol: calling them out. Good times
  • maymanpele
    14389 posts Has That Special Something

For once I'll have to agree with you.