Anyone made the switch to 41212 (2)?

Batman_Llanber
1161 posts Professional
Thinking about it, all i come up is this and it's completely dominating my 442 :(

Anyone made the jump to 41212? Have you won more because of it?

Comments

• W77
    924 posts Professional
    all pro players change to this formation .its most popular formation in the game
  • Batman_Llanber
    1161 posts Professional
    I've won 5 games out of 21 games with the 442 today it feels broken :( was brilliant last week
  • Slideman1187
    959 posts Professional
    I did the switch a few weeks ago, couldnt get on with my old playing style and 4321.. went from div 7 to div 4.. same time played my first WL, ended up one win short of gold 3 :) so worked out nicely for me tbh
  • tzinc
    1574 posts Play-Off Hero
    is this the best formation in the game?
  • Kirin
    84 posts Park Captain
    Yep made the switch from 4231 to 41212(2) with the new patch. 4231 seems a lot weaker now and 2ST formations feel better
  • Gligor
    257 posts Sunday League Hero
    Thinking about it, all i come up is this and it's completely dominating my 442 :(

I was playing 442 to but didnt work so i change to 4411 and won 11 straight wins
  • Batman_Llanber
    1161 posts Professional
    Gligor wrote: »

I was playing 442 to but didnt work so i change to 4411 and won 11 straight wins

I only used 4411 last year but can't get used to it this year :(
  • Stickybelly
    2666 posts Fans' Favourite
    Depends how you play the game. To be honest i have done the exact opposite and moved away from it. It is a good system as you have 2 strikers and a CAM behind and you can play 1,2's off each other. The problem is it feels like a very direct system and makes you rush your play sometimes and you can lose possession easy.

I now play 4222 and i find it much better for keeping possession. I could win div 1 consistently using 41212(2) but since i switched to 4222 i have won in each of my last 7 attempts. Something i could never do with the 41212.....
  • BL86
    2102 posts Fans' Favourite
    I enjoyed the 4231 all of last week, even after patch I thought it was decent.. then Saturdays games it just felt so slow and build up play took forever.

My last stretch of games reverted back to 4222 which was a bit better and now I’m going to be experimenting a bit this week with other formations again!
  • Notformeclive
    2336 posts Fans' Favourite
    Has anybody not?
  • Viggo 007
    12248 posts Has That Special Something
    edited February 2018
    Yes, was using 4231, made the switch to 41212(2).

Took time to get used and to find perfect players plus custom tactics.

Box to box CMs are a must (Matuidi,Vidal,Herrera..etc)
  • Gligor

I'm not making skils at all i suck in defence but menage to gate 19 win of 25 games and i dont have time to finish the last 15 games becouse i'm working so for me 4411 work so good if you want i will share my ct and pi
  • 4-1-2-1-2 (2) feels even better after the patch.
  • Batman_Llanber
    1161 posts Professional

I'm not making skils at all i suck in defence but menage to gate 19 win of 25 games and i dont have time to finish the last 15 games becouse i'm working so for me 4411 work so good if you want i will share my ct and pi

Yeah that would be very helpfull :) Thank You and congrats 19 wins out of 25 games is amazing
  • Gligor

Yeah that would be very helpfull :) Thank You and congrats 19 wins out of 25 games is amazing

ORG
    ORG

RB/LB balanced - they have to support the LM and RM, using them in every single atack, not for crossing, just for width.

RCM-Stay back, Stay on edge - you have to get cover to your CBs if you lose the ball in the final third, because your opponent have CAM-ST-ST and really wants quicks 1-2 passes 

LCM - balanced - he has to be all round midf. Vidal for me is great!

RM Stay wide,Get in for crosses - someone a little bit stronger, who can cut inside to make a space behind his back to the RB.

LM Come back on defence - Yes come back to receive the ball and make a simple pass to the LCM or CF.

CF-False 9. The main man! False 9 for sure if you have a little agillity player like Messi, Dybala ... His role is to drop deeper when needed, to be your playmayker, to make a space for LM,LCM,RM and ST, and when decides to make a run. Hold the ball, don`t rush it.

ST-Target man (or balanced), Stay central. M/M or M/L working great. He is important part of your building, stay a little closer to the rest of the team, not to be isolated with get in behind.
  • Batman_Llanber
    1161 posts Professional
    Amazing !! Thank You will test them out tomorrow and let you knos how i get on :)

What's your team looking like @Gligor ?
  • RedKos
    1256 posts Professional
    I play mainly 4231 because but switch to that or 3421 if I need to push for goals. I also think 41212 is better to destroy average players. 4231 can be passive at times, wich is good if you play against decent players but can become a burden against inferior players that don't know what to do.
  • Gligor
    Amazing !! Thank You will test them out tomorrow and let you knos how i get on :)

What's your team looking like @Gligor ?

Fahrman
    Piszczek Sokratis Boateng Alaba
    Wilian Bakayoko Pogba Martial
    Berqamp
    Lukaku
  • More opinions on 4-1-2-1-2 (2) after the patch?
  • davelj
    251 posts Sunday League Hero
    Depends how you play the game. To be honest i have done the exact opposite and moved away from it. It is a good system as you have 2 strikers and a CAM behind and you can play 1,2's off each other. The problem is it feels like a very direct system and makes you rush your play sometimes and you can lose possession easy.

I now play 4222 and i find it much better for keeping possession. I could win div 1 consistently using 41212(2) but since i switched to 4222 i have won in each of my last 7 attempts. Something i could never do with the 41212.....

I wanna try the 4222 what player instructions would you recomend mate
  • Tomb1302
    7626 posts League Winner
    Has anybody not?

me :D
  • purplegoldfish
    204 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I play a 41212 wide, I attack from the wings and go inside, the narrow one is so hard for me to get used toooo
  • madwullie
    4118 posts National Call-Up
    Just the entire world
  • Williejno1
    3084 posts National Call-Up
    I play a 41212 wide, I attack from the wings and go inside, the narrow one is so hard for me to get used toooo
    Tried it a few times myself and hated it most of the game my entire midfield was in the centre circle
  • Retro_G
    28117 posts Player of the Year
    edited February 2018
    It's my favourite formation since Fifa 17. It's not great defensively though, I'll switch to a more defensive formation to see out a close game.
  • CfcBlue
    3404 posts National Call-Up
    What I don’t like about 4222 is that the two strikers are spaced out a lot further from eachother. I prefer them closer to pass and make better runs.
  • I still can't choose between 4-2-2-2 and 4-1-2-1-2 (2).
  • After using several formations after the patch it feels like 4-1-2-1-2 (2) is the best formation for me. The attacking triangle is awesome!
  • Catenaccio_Milan
    1072 posts Professional
    I've been dominating 41212 (2), 4321 and 4312 with the 4231 narrow
  • Juve_wins
    34 posts Last Pick at the Park
    if you like to have wingers try 4231.... i use it as a back up formation when i need to attack but my base formation is 41212 -2