The 2018 FIFA World Cup videogame could be an expansion for FIFA 18

Comments

• shahab
    110 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Very very Bad Idea EA Sport Uefa Euro 2012 DLC failed, Konami Uefa Euro 2014 DLC failed too and itwas free world cup game should not be DLC
  • AlexCarla2011
    755 posts Semi-Pro
    edited February 4
    Honestely... I doubt it... I have read the article and it has no sources, no nothing.
    What they say should be validated by some sources. Otherwize, it can only be regarded as just speculation.

And if you look closely, they say that it will be available on PS4, XB One, Ms Windows and Switch and there is no confirmation about PS3 and XB 360. Ok, fine. But, actually, there is no confirmation about anything so, how can someone believe in an almost unknown site that is not dedicated to videogames and that writes an article, full of certainties but that is completely ambiguos and that does no give you any sources on the information?

So, I kind of not believe in that. Maybe there will be some kind of expansion to FUT but the official game will likely be a standalone game, I don't know.

But judging from past WC games, the game will be an entirely different game...
    Post edited by AlexCarla2011 on
  • If they don't make a full WC game I will never buy from EA again and will cancel my EA access membership.
  • I think there will be a World Cup DLC fifa 18, but unless the DLC includes all the usual World Cup game features such as all teams entering the World Cup, I think there will be a separate World Cup game. EA has to know that about 9 out of 10 fans will want a game with all national teams and the modes to go with them and not doing this would be a huge letdown for most of the fan base. If the DLC is somehow big enough to include all normal features and teams, which i highly doubt, then it would be fine, but otherwise they would need a separate game to satisfy most of the fans.
  • Bluemoon2393
    148 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I'm very disapointed that its a DLC and not a separate game. Its clear that modern day football is ruining the beautiful game as people Don't value the world cup anymore which should be the ultimate trophy in the football world. Bigger than the Champions League and certainly the premier league.

If they are going to add a expansion mode to the game. They could at least have all 32 teams with the other teams in game that like Italy, Netherlands, USA, Chile, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, Austria, Norway etc etc as well updated (In other words teams ingame that are licensed but didn't qualify). If you play a full tournament you should be able to swap teams so for example if you wanted to remove Switzerland and swap for Italy as a example.

I don't expect them to have all 209 teams but they could at least allow the main teams in the game. I would like to see World Cup scenarios, Full Tournament with all the stadiums, Online World Cup, Penalty shootout mode.

I think we would see Ultimate Team back in but if they adopt the same model as 2014 did then it could be a huge success but if you got duplicates you should be able to have a random swap which gives you any different player you haven't got. Also all the kits and Badges/Flags should be automatically given to everyone to choose (Can't remove them or sell them)

Its got to feel like a world cup experience (Different Music, Theme etc etc) and not one off those rubbish add on modes.

I thought Konami did okay for the Euros but it lacked official stadiums but did brilliantly on presentation.
  • Ads_86
    284 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited February 7
    Annoying that so many people are running with this (only) DLC for the world cup. Im guessing there will be a FUT FIFA 18 DLC but there will be a stand alone game released. I read the article and It was lazy reporting. Made reference to the same happening in 2014. True, DLC was released for FIFA 14 on ps4/xbone but there was a full game released for ps3/360... I see no reason why they wouldn't release a full FIFA world cup 2018 game for ps4 etc.
  • Azzabazza
    154 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    It's nice to see other people's opinions on this. Here's my opinion on this whole 'fiasco' : I'm a little annoyed with this. This is a FIFA World Cup, one of the BIGGEST sporting competitions in the world. I kinda wished that this would be a stand-alone game, as it is one of football's HUGE competitions. If it was to be a stand-alone game, just include FIFA UT (I don't play UT) in the game, along with the FIFA World Cup game-modes (Captain Your Country, Road to the FIFA World Cup, Story of Qualifying) . They're missing a trick here, a new game will bring in lots of money. Just do what FIFA 14 did (release a stripped-back version of the 2018 FIFA WC, by adding in UT & the FIFA World Cup) and release a separate game. It'll bring in lots of money.
  • Limatheus
    144 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Read this article.

"It's a World Cup year. And with the largest sporting event on the planet set to reach billions of soccer fans, our EA SPORTS development teams are packing excitement into our next FIFA"

"In terms of World Cup and how we think about that, as you know, the World Cup doesn't start until the summer, so it really will fall into
    next year's fiscal. We'll give you some details when we give guidance around what we think the impact of that will be. But as we have in the past, we've had a long tradition of celebrating the World Cup inside of FIFA and bringing it to life for our fans. That goes all the way back, I think, to World Cup '98 where we really started it going. And we've got some exciting and fun things to announce that will come on later this spring before, obviously, the World Cup gets going."

" But I just want to keep people aware of that as you think about next year's quarter. But we're extremely excited for FIFA, for World Cup and for the year to come. It looks like it's going to be another great year for EA."

Link: http://investor.ea.com/common/download/download.cfm?companyid=ERTS&fileid=969985&filekey=918604C2-049F-4B81-92EB-04E29030B630&filename=Q3_FY18_Earnings_Release.pdf

• I’ve never been a big fan of ultimate team, I’ve always just played fifa for playing as different teams and it’s fun to play as different pro teams but it is even better to play as any national team in the world which is what I like the most about the World Cup games. In my opinion if ea just does a ultimate team DLC than ultimate team has killed FIFA. I’ve thought that for a while already. But I don’t believe it the credibility of that goal. Com article I think it’s really just somebody trolling us World Cup fans
  • Bluemoon2393
    edited February 8
    Limatheus wrote: »
    Read this article.

"It's a World Cup year. And with the largest sporting event on the planet set to reach billions of soccer fans, our EA SPORTS development teams are packing excitement into our next FIFA"

"In terms of World Cup and how we think about that, as you know, the World Cup doesn't start until the summer, so it really will fall into
    next year's fiscal. We'll give you some details when we give guidance around what we think the impact of that will be. But as we have in the past, we've had a long tradition of celebrating the World Cup inside of FIFA and bringing it to life for our fans. That goes all the way back, I think, to World Cup '98 where we really started it going. And we've got some exciting and fun things to announce that will come on later this spring before, obviously, the World Cup gets going."

" But I just want to keep people aware of that as you think about next year's quarter. But we're extremely excited for FIFA, for World Cup and for the year to come. It looks like it's going to be another great year for EA."

Link: http://investor.ea.com/common/download/download.cfm?companyid=ERTS&fileid=969985&filekey=918604C2-049F-4B81-92EB-04E29030B630&filename=Q3_FY18_Earnings_Release.pdf

I'm hoping they are creating a new separate game with the 209 teams in. EA need to announce the game as soon as they can. The moment they announce its a seperate game. I'm selling Fifa straight away. I always prefer World Cup games than the actual Fifa games. Better quality, more fun, feels more authentic and it gets you excited for the world cup.

EA will be stupid not to have it as a seperate game. They will need to have Italy, Netherlands and USA in the game as they are the big countries that make up for the sales off the game. My top 10 countries for buying the game would be (Took population into account)

1. Germany
    2. USA
    3. England
    4. Mexico
    5. Spain
    6. France
    7. Italy
    8. Brazil
    9. Netherlands
    10. Portugal

When Euro 2008 came out. We could put England in the game for a different team and try and win the Euros as we were rubbish as we didn't qualify for the tournament) and if EA just had the 32 teams in. They would lose a lot off money because people in America or Italy won't buy it or play on it If they can't choose their team to win the world cup despite the embarrassment off failing to qualify.

The chances off a seperate game will be strong but I have a feeling it will be a 32 team roster with the other licensed in game teams along with it making it about roughly 50 off teams.
  • Azzabazza
    Limatheus wrote: »
    Read this article.

Just saw that pdf file. And having read what you put down ''And we've got some exciting and fun things to announce that will come on later this spring before, obviously, the World Cup gets going." COULD mean that there could be a stand-alone game for the World Cup after all. I'm not getting my hopes up yet, but if this was the case, then yes. I agree with what @Limatheus and @Bluemoon2393 said. It feels more authentic if it is a separate game, and you could really feel that World Cup whilst playing.
  • Don’t think we will have any kind of World Cup game till April min
  • Guys, the first time I read this "news" was on goal.com. There is no confirmation about anything!!! It is just speculation and now there is a bunch of people going around, spreading fake news without even validating what they are writing!!

My bet: DLC for FUT, Standalone for PS4/XBOX One/PC/Maybe Switch. (idk about PS3/XBox 360, though).

Please stop to think a little bit. Everyone is taking for granted news that were published without any source of confirmation whatsoever. And if you read the major gaming sites, the serious ones, there is nothing about this game anywhere!! So, lets wait and see.

From my experience, there will be a standalone game. Trust me. Its just a hunch, I know, but... I don't believe its a wrong one....
  • Azzabazza
    Guys, the first time I read this "news" was on goal.com. There is no confirmation about anything!!! It is just speculation and now there is a bunch of people going around, spreading fake news without even validating what they are writing!!

My bet: DLC for FUT, Standalone for PS4/XBOX One/PC/Maybe Switch. (idk about PS3/XBox 360, though).

Please stop to think a little bit. Everyone is taking for granted news that were published without any source of confirmation whatsoever. And if you read the major gaming sites, the serious ones, there is nothing about this game anywhere!! So, lets wait and see.

From my experience, there will be a standalone game. Trust me. Its just a hunch, I know, but... I don't believe its a wrong one....

I agree too. I just type in ''EA Sports FIFA World Cup 2018'' everyday into Google, to see if there are news OTHER than the DLC for FIFA 18. Nothing yet, but again, I also believe that it will be a stand-alone game. The history is there. (Every FIFA World Cup game has been a stand-alone game) . It will bring in more money, and I (certainly) will be pre-ordering the game, once it has been confirmed to be a stand-alone game.
  • shahab
    edited February 10
    it seams world cup is going to be DLC i have some evidence to support that :(

first of all look at the England Home Kits look at collar these pictures are taken today by me
    New Collar:
    42572390729bbcb457f74c8375fd7ca287a2055aa141ffacabe50c677b4102e4af404824.jpg

New Collar and Missing Number in front of shirts
    14628921fa0e3e859833f7e1018cc450520018dc5dfc2f65dbae4648b1fa98e5b95ac378.jpg

Now look at England New world cup 2018 Kit, again look at collar.
    england-nigeria-world-cup-2018-kits-nike-football-design_dezeen_hero-696x392.jpg

now look at this video (Published on 23/9/17) England v Brazil if you look at the collar you see is right collar which is a V shape.
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=IeytR3AVJEg

now why EA update England collar? in my opinion they are going to add new England kits to the game with World Cup DLC so they change the collar.

I really hope I'm mistaking I really really want stand alone game.

• shahab wrote: »

first of all look at the England Home Kits look at collar these pictures are taken today by me
    New Collar:

england-nigeria-world-cup-2018-kits-nike-football-design_dezeen_hero-696x392.jpg

now look at this video (Published on 23/9/17) England v Brazil if you look at the collar you see is right collar which is a V shape.

now why EA update England collar? it my opinion they are going to add new England kits to the game with World Cup DLC so they change the collar.

The England jersey hasn’t changed in that pic from one that was out when the game came out
  • shahab
    I know but the collar is changed
  • Bluemoon2393
    shahab wrote: »

New Collar:

now why EA update England collar? in my opinion they are going to add new England kits to the game with World Cup DLC so they change the collar.

Nike still have to release the other teams kits like France, Brazil, Croatia, Portugal and Poland.

Also Adidas have to release the away kits too so the chances are it could be a seperate game. Also EA won't be stupid enough to alienate Italy, USA and Netherlands fans as these countries will need to be in the game because people will want to play these teams in the game and to just have 32 teams in will anger people. (I know they didn't qualify but I would like to replace them with some off the teams in the world cup)

If EA treat this like a DLC then they are making a big mistake because alienating fans is a big mistake and if England didn't qualify. I would expect them to give me the option to add England in like they did for Euro 2008.
  • shahab
    They announced

2006 FIFA World Cup Germany on 2nd of March 2006
    2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa on 27th of Jan 2010
    2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil on 6th of Feb 2014

so still is not too late but I hope we hear something this week :D
  • shahab wrote: »

New Collar:

Man... that is not proof for anything!!! Come on, seriously? You see too much conspiracy theories on tv and youtube...
  • Azzabazza
    shahab wrote: »
    They announced

2006 FIFA World Cup Germany on 2nd of March 2006
    2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa on 27th of Jan 2010
    2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil on 6th of Feb 2014

so still is not too late but I hope we hear something this week :D

I know. It's been way, way to long to hear an announcement for the 2018 FIFA World Cup game. I also hope that we hear something about that, this week.
  • marcelus
    76 posts Park Captain
    “I have to record it for FIFA World Cup in December, I think it will be out in February or March.”
    this dude doesn't have a clue when it will get out,depends about the team working on the game and how fast will finish the game
    when he said fifa world cup i really believe is a standalone like other years.the commentary he recorded can be used in a standalone fifa world cup and a dlc fut world cup
    i think in march we will find out official news and probably in late april or begin of may will be released
    i bet on ea making $$$ from fools like you.you will buy a standalone 60$ and packs in fut world cup worth maybe 30$ because in fut world cup you will have bigger chances then ever to get really good players
    i know,i had in fut world cup in fifa 14 1090 players from 1180 and online destroyed opposition because i had almost all top players 189 team chem.
  • Cooler08
    501 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited February 13
    Has EA ever put a DLC in FIFA for a tournment and also released it as a standalone game?
  • Cooler08 wrote: »
    Has EA ever put a DLC in FIFA for a tournment and also released it as a standalone game?

Ya one of the Euro games Euro 2012
  • Cooler08
    501 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited February 13
    Cooler08 wrote: »

Where does it say it was a separate game? According to the wiki article, it was a downloadable expansion pack.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_Euro_2012_(video_game)
  • Cooler08 wrote: »
    Cooler08 wrote: »

Where does it say it was a separate game? According to the wiki article, it was a downloadable expansion pack.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_Euro_2012_(video_game)

Maybe I was wrong thought it was
  • henryclay1844
    840 posts Semi-Pro
    edited February 14
    euro 12 was paid dlc only, euro 08 was released on disk. WC 14 with all teams and stadiums was xbox360/ps3 only, but with free dlc 32 teams only and FUT add on separate for the new gen machines.

Euro 12 didn't have all teams licensed including Ukraine, one of the hosts, and was largely considered a very poor effort. WC 2014 was a good game but not as good as WC 2010. I was a very bad sign that it was tied to FUT on current gen, so I'm sure if the do bother to release a full game with all the word's teams it will also have some sort of micro-transaction mode in it.
  • Bluemoon2393
    euro 12 was paid dlc only, euro 08 was released on disk. WC 14 with all teams and stadiums was xbox360/ps3 only, but with free dlc 32 teams only and FUT add on separate for the new gen machines.

Euro 12 didn't have all teams licensed including Ukraine, one of the hosts, and was largely considered a very poor effort. WC 2014 was a good game but not as good as WC 2010. I was a very bad sign that it was tied to FUT on current gen, so I'm sure if the do bother to release a full game with all the word's teams it will also have some sort of micro-transaction mode in it.

I think this is what will happen.

EA will release Fifa World Cup 2018 with all the teams that took part in qualifying and they will be licenses for the 32 teams with the Austria, Canada, China, Czech Republic, Greece, Italy, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Northern Ireland, Romania, Scotland, Turkey, USA and Wales licensed. They will be a few licenses but most off them will be European teams like Bulgaria, Slovenia, Slovenia, Ukraine etc etc.

They will have Kick off, Penalty Shootout mode, Captain your Country (Like the journey story), Qualifying (Ability to change draws), Fifa World Cup tournament, Scenarios, Online World Cup, Ultimate Team.

All World cup Stadiums will be licensed with a few Generic Stadiums and with Wembley, Olympic Stadium (Berlin), Parc de Princes, Olympic Stadium (Rome), Santiago Bernabeu, Amsterdam Arena and La Bombanera included.
  • Azzabazza

I think this is what will happen.

EA will release Fifa World Cup 2018 with all the teams that took part in qualifying and they will be licenses for the 32 teams with the Austria, Canada, China, Czech Republic, Greece, Italy, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Northern Ireland, Romania, Scotland, Turkey, USA and Wales licensed. They will be a few licenses but most off them will be European teams like Bulgaria, Slovenia, Slovenia, Ukraine etc etc.

They will have Kick off, Penalty Shootout mode, Captain your Country (Like the journey story), Qualifying (Ability to change draws), Fifa World Cup tournament, Scenarios, Online World Cup, Ultimate Team.

All World cup Stadiums will be licensed with a few Generic Stadiums and with Wembley, Olympic Stadium (Berlin), Parc de Princes, Olympic Stadium (Rome), Santiago Bernabeu, Amsterdam Arena and La Bombanera included.

Yes. If this is true (or becomes confirmed), then I can't wait. I love playing Captain Your Country & the different Scenarios. But I hope it would be a stand-alone game. I just think that EA would be making lots more money, if they released it as a stand-alone game, rather than a free add-on to FIFA 18.
  • shahab
    There is a big chance EA is waiting for Nike and Adidas to announce thier world cup 18 kits
This discussion has been closed.