Squad Battles is such a dead game mode now

They've literally changed the way the AI plays drastically like it's so blatantly obvious and what's hilarious is that it seems the AI plays exactly like online opponents do.

Before on legendary the AI would attack you in numbers now they just sit back on ptb marking out your players and just spamming interceptions and lobbing balls to the front 3 who just stay forward. They simply don't actually play attacking anymore it's just intercept counter and sit back on the edge of the box.

Comments

• munchie63
    3449 posts National Call-Up
    dont forget the bull*&^% penalties
  • munchie63 wrote: »
    dont forget the bull*&^% penalties

literally spending the match holding possession because the AI marks the passing lanes rather than winning the ball of you is just boring as hell
  • dylanmx
    4427 posts National Call-Up
    I stopped playing it a while ago, the state of that game mode not worth the rewards
  • JIO22
    1195 posts Professional
    Very true mate, well put.
  • Socalj11
    1671 posts Play-Off Hero
    dylanmx wrote: »
    I stopped playing it a while ago, the state of that game mode not worth the rewards

Well said
  • DirtyWhiteUnited69
    328 posts Sunday League Hero
    They've literally changed the way the AI plays drastically like it's so blatantly obvious and what's hilarious is that it seems the AI plays exactly like online opponents do.

Before on legendary the AI would attack you in numbers now they just sit back on ptb marking out your players and just spamming interceptions and lobbing balls to the front 3 who just stay forward. They simply don't actually play attacking anymore it's just intercept counter and sit back on the edge of the box.

The only thing I haven’t seen on SB is -:

THE DAB
  • Metalfly
    991 posts Professional
    edited February 2018
    I have to disagree, they changed the way AI behaves in one of the updates, so now AI would control one players at a time like humans would. Whereas before the update you could have five AI players all making darting runs at once and completely pull your defense apart. After the update it made attacking AI harder but also made defending against them easier.

The update isn't the problem, the bs part about Squad Battle is down to the dynamic difficulty adjustment, where AI would suddenly turn up the difficulty level and your players would receive a stats reduction on the fly, just so the game can maintain tension and adds drama, supposedly to keep people interested that way.
  • lucas
    4987 posts Big Money Move
    edited February 2018
    Just hate it that sb ai is so obvious; ai needs to win they win, ai needs to score they score, you team plays like it needs to play you get a reduction. So obvious it is becomming anoing
  • Boommaametw3
    2863 posts National Call-Up
    Takes lot of effort to get ellite 1 then you get crappy mega pack and 30,000 and take days to finish. Have to be commited all the week and the AI cheats. I get similar rewards with my gold 1/2 wl but it's much more fun
  • dylanmx
    4427 posts National Call-Up
    Takes lot of effort to get ellite 1 then you get crappy mega pack and 30,000 and take days to finish. Have to be commited all the week and the AI cheats. I get similar rewards with my gold 1/2 wl but it's much more fun

Yeah maybe they could save the gamemode with monthly packs or something to make the rewards better
  • CFCHenri
    3732 posts National Call-Up

I've had many matches like this since the start of FIFA 18.
  • ImAnoob
    202 posts Has Potential To Be Special

The only thing I haven’t seen on SB is -:

THE DAB

I haven't seen it myself but i was in a party the other day with my mate while he was playing SB and the ai dabbed him :D:D:D

It was with Insigne and that's his standard a button celebration lol
  • Byrnzie28
    1862 posts Fans' Favourite
    Today the A.I decided to drag my defender off the pitch - the player I was controlling - to allow their attacker to thread a pass across goal for them to score. The A.I literally took control of my player in order to get a goal. If that isn't straight-up BS then I don't know what is.
  • mdizzl3
    12417 posts Has That Special Something
    There has been no change to this game mode at all, the game I playing exactly the same for me
  • richo27
    3735 posts National Call-Up
    I am dropping off this mode and did like it. Needs monthly reward. Doesn’t have to be FUT champions level, but maybe 1 red card for elite and over etc
  • Byrnzie28
    1862 posts Fans' Favourite
    richo27 wrote: »
    I am dropping off this mode and did like it. Needs monthly reward. Doesn’t have to be FUT champions level, but maybe 1 red card for elite and over etc

I agree. And the awards need to be bigger for finishing Elite 1. An extra 15K does not warrant the effort.
  • Fox_in_the_Box
    267 posts Sunday League Hero
    mdizzl3 wrote: »
    There has been no change to this game mode at all, the game I playing exactly the same for me

Consider yourself lucky then...Mine, and a lot of other people's, has absolutely gone to hell in a handbasket...

• mdizzl3
    12417 posts Has That Special Something
    mdizzl3 wrote: »

Consider yourself lucky then...Mine, and a lot of other people's, has absolutely gone to hell in a handbasket...

Very strange indeed. I've played all my SB fixtures bar a couple this week and my team and the opponents are playing just like they were last week. What country are you from?
  • Alex_cr
    5803 posts Big Money Move
    To be fair it needed to change. Smashing up the AI on legendary is ridiculous.

The thing they can’t fix is it just feels a bit boring playing the console. Haven’t done that in years!
  • THJ71
    747 posts Semi-Pro
    It is crap this weekend. Near on impossible to break down the other team in defence, while at the other end of the pitch, they are quick as anything around your penalty area and it is impossible to get near them. My team moves like they are stuck in mud

Monday to Friday played all and won them all. This weekend played every one so far and only won five

Blatantly obvious the BS it is

• Nervous_Nick
    6339 posts Big Money Move
    Alex_cr wrote: »
    To be fair it needed to change. Smashing up the AI on legendary is ridiculous.

The thing they can’t fix is it just feels a bit boring playing the console. Haven’t done that in years!

It's much better than the previous years actually.
    They should introduce monthlies and better rewards for elite.
  • rodrel
    858 posts Semi-Pro
    Metalfly wrote: »
    I have to disagree, they changed the way AI behaves in one of the updates, so now AI would control one players at a time like humans would. Whereas before the update you could have five AI players all making darting runs at once and completely pull your defense apart. After the update it made attacking AI harder but also made defending against them easier.

The update isn't the problem, the bs part about Squad Battle is down to the dynamic difficulty adjustment, where AI would suddenly turn up the difficulty level and your players would receive a stats reduction on the fly, just so the game can maintain tension and adds drama, supposedly to keep people interested that way.

this
  • Futfanatic
    15221 posts World Class
    Went to check it out, also to get a few quick packs and I can see what you guys mean with parking the bus and quick counters but its actually made it easier I think. On legendary there would normally be chaos in the box but now they just try to crowd you out. I just hold the ball on the edge of the box and wait for a run, played 4 games now and won them al with 5 goals and only conceided 1 goal.
  • Lee321
    754 posts Semi-Pro
    According to the moderators who spoke to me on this forum they is absolutely no bs in squad battles at all and they have never come across any lol yeah alright mate
  • happychips10
    92 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I've lost about 8-9 this week, now given that's almost half than I lost last week, and double what I lost the week before, I'm enjoying it a lot more this week.

I have noticed one thing though, when injury time comes in, if you have the ball, the time will run quickly. If the AI has the ball, even two minutes injury time feels like 5-6, and I've had two games this week where the time didn't run out until the AI scored, that is something that's new I believe.
  • CoachDavio
    649 posts An Exciting Prospect
    End of the day the rewards stink so what’s the point. The AI does act crazy from time to time and it’s either boring or frustrating. I used to use it as my fitness squad but now I will just olaybseason with them
  • Longbow
    144 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Definitely different this week. I’ve been consistently playing SB on legendary for more than 3 months. Previously, after 60 min, the AI will go all out attack, especially if you are leading. This actually gives you a chance to score more goals and get that 5-0.

The main difference this week is they continue to park the bus even if they are losing after 60 min. What’s worse is they will totally dominate possession from 80 min mark. They may not score but all my passes go hay wire or players get totally marked out.

It is actually a dread to complete each game.
  • Catenaccio_Milan
    1072 posts Professional
    @Longbow spot on mate it used to be that the AI would usually come out in all out attack in the 2nd half around the 60th min but now they usually wait till the 85th min even if they're like 4-0 down
  • antonius
    719 posts Semi-Pro
    i make sure their not in scoring positions.... nope scores from impossible angles and headers from outside of the box... a laughable gameplay
  • Catenaccio_Milan
    1072 posts Professional
    I mean when 74-82 rated 50 chem teams are playing a million times better than 87 rated 80+ chem teams then something is seriously wrong. I can beat the 86+ teams 4-0 most times but the low chem teams always are harder to play against.