433(4) help

wizardoffire
930 posts Professional
This was one of my go to formations last year, and have decide to give it a go once again.

Was trying it out in fut champs qualifying and noticed that my CBs (prime Ferdinand and Bailly) seemed to leave a lot of space that my opponents were able to exploit time and time again with some neat passing.

Now is it a question of custom tactics fixing this (if so what tactics do you recommend) or is it the player personnel and they arent compatible for one another. Ferdinand stays but open to changing Bailly as much as it will pain me to lose Valencia. Did pull a tradable OTW Walker earlier so he is a possible replacement and then can have Rio next to him.

My current defensive tactics are
pressure 65
Aggression 35
Team width 40
And cover

Im looking to eventually reunite the MSN line and would also mind some player suggestions to complete it as Im kinda stuck.

Neymar Suarez Messi
Fabinho Bergkamp ?
Marcelo ? Rio ?
?

The formation will stay the same but if you can suggest players for the ? that would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Demon_reborn
    2709 posts Fans' Favourite
    Bailly is your issue. His reactions are ❤️❤️❤️❤️ and backs off a lot.

Upgrade to say 87 mustafi or 87 benatia and you will be fine.

Great defenders have high reactions. Bailly is good if you can manualy defend but the minute you dont have the cursor on him he is a liability.

Other defenders react better to an opponents movement.
  • wizardoffire
    930 posts Professional
    Bailly is your issue. His reactions are **** and backs off a lot.

Great defenders have high reactions. Bailly is good if you can manualy defend but the minute you dont have the cursor on him he is a liability.

Thanks, will have a play around to see what triangle I can come up with
  • Heshamk93
    1122 posts Professional
    Bailly is your issue. His reactions are **** and backs off a lot.

Not really, just like Martial and Bakayoko, Bailly’s stats dont seem like that much
  • Heshamk93
    1122 posts Professional
    This was one of my go to formations last year, and have decide to give it a go once again.

Was trying it out in fut champs qualifying and noticed that my CBs (prime Ferdinand and Bailly) seemed to leave a lot of space that my opponents were able to exploit time and time again with some neat passing.

Now is it a question of custom tactics fixing this (if so what tactics do you recommend) or is it the player personnel and they arent compatible for one another. Ferdinand stays but open to changing Bailly as much as it will pain me to lose Valencia. Did pull a tradable OTW Walker earlier so he is a possible replacement and then can have Rio next to him.

My current defensive tactics are
    pressure 65
    Aggression 35
    Team width 40
    And cover

Im looking to eventually reunite the MSN line and would also mind some player suggestions to complete it as Im kinda stuck.

Neymar Suarez Messi
    Fabinho Bergkamp ?
    Marcelo ? Rio ?
    ?

The formation will stay the same but if you can suggest players for the ? that would be greatly appreciated.

The reason the space is coming up is not because of Bailly, its because you have paired a M/M defender with a M/H defender
    Try pairing Azpi/Boateng along with Ferdinand