Time wasting penalty

Hornerglow
335 posts Sunday League Hero
I would very much appreciate a feature where you can click sth like ‚review by EA‘ if your opponent time wasted more than 2-3 ingame minutes.
As a penalty for doing this the person gets a 1 week ban from ultimate team and the person who got time wasted on gets to replay the match.
For false claims or clicking ‚review by EA‘ for unnecessary reasons you get the same penalty.
What would you guys think of this? Seriously getting on my nerves now when people time waste the last 10-20 minutes of a game because they are one goal up. Happened to me twice the last 5 matches and I can’t be the only one who is bothered by this as it doesn’t really add to the playability to the game. Cherrypicking opponents, time wasting to secure the victory ... this youth is seriously f‘ed up.

Comments

• Orison
    44215 posts International Superstar
    1 week ban for playing the game? Good one
  • Azof
    15072 posts World Class
    I cant win a game of virtual football they should be banned wah wah wah
  • Baker
    1456 posts Professional
    Oh dear, this isn't going to end well.
  • DaveSaves
    20137 posts Club Captain
    Can we ban people from this forum for a week if they use a comma incorrectly?
  • fluffymnuffy
    12515 posts Has That Special Something
    Lol yeah ban people for playing smart
  • ChristopherOC3
    331 posts Sunday League Hero
    DaveSaves wrote: »

What shall we give those who incorrectly forget to use a comma?
  • Libguy
    4356 posts National Call-Up
    Well he's got a point. FIFA did implement that rule recently where any team that's leading by a goal or more in the final twenty minutes of a match must throw every man forward and any pass that doesn't advance the ball toward the opponent's goal is a yellow card / free kick.
  • Diggy
    12916 posts Has That Special Something
    :joy:
  • D3ATHSQUAD
    2983 posts National Call-Up
    I'd love to hear the OP's opinion of what "time wasting" is... if you go down by a goal or two - your opponent will try to win the game. If that means keeping possession and not letting you get your attack going then you'll just have to figure out how to get the ball back.

It's a valid strategy and yes, it's annoying as hell but it happens.

ps. You won't have this problem if you don't fall behind :D
  • cdbuck26
    3059 posts National Call-Up

yeah, but if you report somebody for doing that and they really used the comma correctly, YOU get the ban for the week
  • DaveSaves
    20137 posts Club Captain
    cdbuck26 wrote: »

yeah, but if you report somebody for doing that and they really used the comma correctly, YOU get the ban for the week

Deal,
  • Ofthewelsh
    3568 posts National Call-Up
    Comma coma.
    What?
    They made it in Roma
  • DoD_Jester
    26175 posts Player of the Year
    Some stupid threads today
  • FootyFootyFootball
    2571 posts Fans' Favourite
    Ofthewelsh wrote: »
    Comma coma.
    What?
    They made it in Roma

Chameeeelllleeeeeonnnn
  • Currieman
    4902 posts National Call-Up
    What a great idea. I hope EA implement this asap :trollface:
  • gabriel1990
    1633 posts Play-Off Hero
    Time wasting happens in real life football also??
  • What's the penalty in real life when players take it to the corner and constantly shield the ball from their opponents?

It's part of the game however frustrating it is.