Well done ea finally a update worth getting excited about

Kick off glitch is gone
Game is running at normal fifa speed
Skill moves so affective now
Defence compact and tight
Build up play required

Loving it

Comments

• So no kick off and a lot of placebos is what you are trying to tell?
  • Peter
    26887 posts Player of the Year
    So they turned up the defense sliders.
  • Scutch
    22047 posts Club Captain
    edited January 2018
    Peter wrote: »

:D
  • Peter
    26887 posts Player of the Year
    Scutch wrote: »
    Peter wrote: »

:D

That is actually the fix. The kick off 'glitch' moaning picked up momentum so they adjusted the slider after kick off.

It was the only way they could ever have fixed it, given that it's a product of the formation/positions mechanics, not a glitch.
  • Campino
    29873 posts National Team Captain
    Played 4 games tonight and each opponent played PTB

Just hoping it’s a one off as I have barely faced PTB in months. Defence seems compact at kick Off and your players are certainly less “ping pong”
  • NornIron
    16089 posts World Class
    edited February 2018
    Campino wrote: »

Just hoping it’s a one off as I have barely faced PTB in months. Defence seems compact at kick Off and your players are certainly less “ping pong”

I just posted about that PTB my gameplay was that slow/delayed it felt like I was using PTB even when I went ultra attacking. Couldn't get anyone over the half way apart from my strikers and only won the games because of Van Basten's shooting.
  • Napoli9
    1964 posts Fans' Favourite
    Dont say that too soon. I notice very little diffrence to be fair
  • Millsy89
    587 posts An Exciting Prospect
    NornIron wrote: »
    Campino wrote: »

I just posted about that PTB my gameplay was that slow/delayed it felt like I was using PTB even when I went ultra attacking. Couldn't get anyone over the half way apart from my strikers and only won the games because of Van Basten's shooting.

I found this as well, felt like the midfield was tethered to a 5m rope stuck on halfway.
  • Chappy
    5693 posts Big Money Move
    Game still feels like ❤️❤️❤️❤️ to me.
  • LiTTl3_King15
    480 posts Sunday League Hero
    Chappy wrote: »
    Game still feels like **** to me.

i agree almost feels worse now....
  • ozcs_69
    4884 posts Big Money Move
    a lot has been changed, look at my other thread
  • Chappy
    5693 posts Big Money Move
    edited February 2018
    First touches are horrific. Feels like I can’t receive a pass without my player hitting the ball out 2 feet in front of him. If a defender is anywhere in the vicinity, forget about holding possession.

Passing also feels shittier too.

It’s like they tried to make the game harder for anyone who enjoys good build up play.
  • Danic123
    4850 posts National Call-Up
    Game exactly same other than kick off addressed.
  • Swagster123
    1751 posts Fans' Favourite
    they fixed the defense. i can actually control my defenders and tackle properly
  • Swagster123
    1751 posts Fans' Favourite
    enough people be flying through icons like nothing its about time people get what they paid for to be honest . looting the hell out of everyone but thats how it is
  • ozcs_69

i can feel that too
  • ozcs_69
    enough people be flying through icons like nothing its about time people get what they paid for to be honest . looting the hell out of everyone but thats how it is

true, big teams gonna make a difference now
  • BuffonJuve93
    1175 posts Professional
    Now Pepe and IF Koulibaly actually felt like 86-rated CBs. Scoring got harder, but it's doable.

Pace EPL teams playing poorly. Bakayoko underperformed twice and Martial was finally unable to score on me. I'm liking this
  • Carlos181
    5550 posts Big Money Move
    Scoring still felt the same to me, but every match felt like my TOTY Messi was running in mud.
  • Andybelfast
    11048 posts Has That Special Something
    Now Pepe and IF Koulibaly actually felt like 86-rated CBs. Scoring got harder, but it's doable.

Pace EPL teams playing poorly. Bakayoko underperformed twice and Martial was finally unable to score on me. I'm liking this

Give it a week untill the babies start crying
  • BuffonJuve93
    1175 posts Professional

Give it a week untill the babies start crying

I wish nothing but the worst (FIFA-wise) to people who use fast EPL teams. I'll drink their tears with pleasure.
  • JBC03FC
    3337 posts National Call-Up
    have to agree - ive won every game online except forum tourney semi since update with a dodgy left stick.
  • Koolfashion
    3299 posts National Call-Up
    Also crossing for near post from corner is different, I scored a lot of goals with Toty Cr7 from there and now it seems impossible.
  • VanBasten12
    6784 posts Big Money Move
    Results in the DKO were pretty normal per others - mostly wins. Did struggle in games though - 15/27 shots, scoring 5 with my opponent 6/7 & scoring 3. Had this in a few games and I guess this is typical.

Overall, with no pressure, it seems pretty ... standard ... with the aspect of you're not feeling vulnerable from KO any more.

For the better ... will need to complete a few WL's to see the real impact, especially given the reduction to 11 wins required.
  • HolgerBadstuber
    5212 posts Big Money Move
    My opponent scored 2 as a result of my defenders taking each other out. Not sure if that's because of the patch but it's never happened before :lol:
  • JBC03FC
    3337 posts National Call-Up
    My opponent scored 2 as a result of my defenders taking each other out. Not sure if that's because of the patch but it's never happened before :lol:

In 17, i found that different chem cards prevented this! Honestly! Had bailly and koscielny with anchor and also perrin and koscielny with anchor. Used to trip each othet up all the time. Put shadow on one and it stopped. Prob huge coincidence but it did happen.
  • Daveyb
    2950 posts Fans' Favourite
    Any tym7 wrote: »
    Well done ea finally a update worth getting excited about

Kick off glitch is gone
    Game is running at normal fifa speed
    Skill moves so affective now
    Defence compact and tight
    Build up play required

Loving it

If skill moves are even more affective does that mean I'll see another episode of strictly everytime I play with people spinning and pirouetting about all over the shop,lol
  • DaveSaves
    20137 posts Club Captain
    JBC03FC wrote: »

In 17, i found that different chem cards prevented this! Honestly! Had bailly and koscielny with anchor and also perrin and koscielny with anchor. Used to trip each othet up all the time. Put shadow on one and it stopped. Prob huge coincidence but it did happen.

I don’t even know how to respond to this.
  • Any tym7
    1397 posts Professional
    edited February 2018

I feel same i was going to sell toty bonucci and 88 maldini yesterday cause i felt having a good defence was pointless before the patch was leaking goals everygame but after patch im getting many clean sheets now and i feel more in control of my defensive line as they sit back more and tackle everything and not get outrun by everyone
  • Currieman
    5043 posts Big Money Move
    I just find that from kick off my 4 defenders all line up on the 6 yard box. I think the only reason it’s stopped kick off goals is because my opponent can’t score when there are 4 defenders and a keeper blocking the goal :lol: