Comments

• dylanmx
    4427 posts National Call-Up
    Hell no, that will make it more pay to win. First club penguin, minecraft... This will be bad...
  • Ryno
    6029 posts Big Money Move
    dylanmx wrote: »
    Hell no, that will make it more pay to win. First club penguin, minecraft... This will be bad...

Minecraft? Club Penguin? P2W?...
  • dylanmx
    4427 posts National Call-Up
    Ryno wrote: »

@Ryno club penguin you couldn't do anything without a membership... Minecraft on console is the same.
  • Hamzy_LFC
    1973 posts Fans' Favourite
    Microsoft can have EA please take them! I’m a PlayStation gamer. But if Sony ever decides right we’ll go do something similar I’d recommend buying out 2K Games and introducing football to their library. They’ve done wonders with their other sport titles like NBA and MLB etc.
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    10415 posts Has That Special Something
    Surely anything would be better than what we're dealing with now.
  • Moose Factory
    3311 posts National Call-Up

• Ryno
    6029 posts Big Money Move
    Ryno wrote: »

@Ryno club penguin you couldn't do anything without a membership... Minecraft on console is the same.

I don't know about Minecraft anymore, but Club Penguin was F2P, of course it's better with a membership.
  • anscotti
    352 posts Sunday League Hero

• anscotti

You really think MS is worse than EA?
    It can't get worse than EA.
  • Truthurts
    1775 posts Play-Off Hero
    A horrible money sucking company buying another horrible money sucking company it will not improve this horrible game but...

I wish they would buy EA and then make it EXCLUSIVE to xbox
    This might prompt Sony to buy PES or create their own football game

Knowing how aggressive Sony is they could hopefully get all the licenses away from FIFA

THE ONLY THING THAT WILL OUTSELL ANOTHER FOOTBALL GAME IS LICENSES
    PES has been a better game for years and it doesn't sell if it had the licenses it would be number 1 and fifa would be way back at the bottom

EA is SMART they realize gameply doesn't matter only licenses!!!
  • TheMightyBee
    2024 posts Fans' Favourite
    Microsoft would care a lot more about customers and image. If loot boxes get regulated I would fully expect EA to be sold before, that’s 50% of their profits.
  • Viggo 007
    12248 posts Has That Special Something
    Microsoft sells the same exclusive content drom Mimecraft on PC and PS.

PS sells too much for Microsoft to ignore it or make Icons exclusive

Steam already saif they will never sell and also I doubt EA has the need to sell and if they do they will prob want to have free pass to what they do

If it were true though PC would benefit the most out of it

• fluffymnuffy
    12516 posts Has That Special Something
    Hamzy_LFC wrote: »
    Microsoft can have EA please take them! I’m a PlayStation gamer. But if Sony ever decides right we’ll go do something similar I’d recommend buying out 2K Games and introducing football to their library. They’ve done wonders with their other sport titles like NBA and MLB etc.

Lol mlb the show not mlb 2k
  • Truthurts
    1775 posts Play-Off Hero
    FIFA THE SHOW from SONY would be awesome
  • SeaDawgBob
    934 posts Professional
    This should be received as Great News to any FIFA Player. Here's the main reason why, FIFA and Madden Ultimate Team are a huge chunk of EA's overall revenue, as high as 50%. Meaning Packs affect their overall stock price by a ton. If this were part of MSFT's portfolio FUT would be just a blip on the radar. Don't get me wrong MSFT still wants to make money, but I have a feeling they'd be a lot less aggressive with reduced Pack Weights and hopefully would scrap EA's Dynamic Difficulty Patent.

• SeaDawgBob
    934 posts Professional
    Truthurts wrote: »
    A horrible money sucking company buying another horrible money sucking company it will not improve this horrible game but...

Knowing how aggressive Sony is they could hopefully get all the licenses away from FIFA

PES has been a better game for years and it doesn't sell if it had the licenses it would be number 1 and fifa would be way back at the bottom

This isn't true, I've attempted to play PES every year and as much as I hate EA I can't make the switch
  • Viggo 007
    12248 posts Has That Special Something
    SeaDawgBob wrote: »
    This should be received as Great News to any FIFA Player. Here's the main reason why, FIFA and Madden Ultimate Team are a huge chunk of EA's overall revenue, as high as 50%. Meaning Packs affect their overall stock price by a ton. If this were part of MSFT's portfolio FUT would be just a blip on the radar. Don't get me wrong MSFT still wants to make money, but I have a feeling they'd be a lot less aggressive with reduced Pack Weights and hopefully would scrap EA's Dynamic Difficulty Patent.

This is wishful thinking.. Wouldnt be so optimistic about this.

However as a PC player, this will benefit me the most since Microsoft cares about Windows
  • anscotti

have you played PES 18?
    I thought FIFA was bad, god, PES is straight out of ps2.
    They have to basically recreate the game to make it somewhat playable.
    License isn't the only issue with PES. You can download 3rd party license pack to make up for that.
  • anscotti
    Hamzy_LFC wrote: »

Lol mlb the show not mlb 2k

You mean the biggest **** of 2017, the NBA 2k18?
    They'll make something that's unplayable without putting any money into it.
  • Truthurts
    1775 posts Play-Off Hero
    people are too lazy to download 3rd party
    the presentation on FIFA is much better than PES even the grass

MLB THE SHOW is the best sports game by far so far ahead of all the others SONY wouldn't have to buy PES they could just make their own version of FIFA and they have the cash to pick up all the licenses
  • anscotti
    people are too lazy to download 3rd party
    the presentation on FIFA is much better than PES even the grass

MLB THE SHOW is the best sports game by far so far ahead of all the others SONY wouldn't have to buy PES they could just make their own version of FIFA and they have the cash to pick up all the licenses

Now that's more realistic, but it'll also take a year or two for the game to come out.
    Also, will take a few iterations to be competitive with FIFA
  • CtldChaos
    2047 posts Fans' Favourite
    Microsoft would care a lot more about customers and image. If loot boxes get regulated I would fully expect EA to be sold before, that’s 50% of their profits.

This 100%. And MSFT would leverage that potential regulation in the deal to drive down the forward looking value of the company.
  • CtldChaos
    2047 posts Fans' Favourite
    SeaDawgBob wrote: »

I think that MSFT has a lot more experience with large scale distributed gaming, like HALO. I doubt they would substantially change the weights, packs, etc. (pending regulation), but I think they would know how to DRAMATICALLY improve the online experience. Can you imagine playing HALO or COD with the lag we get in FIFA? People would S*#T kittens if that was the case, and there are more objects and more dynamics in those online experiences.
  • seven
    279 posts Sunday League Hero
    Fifa can't be a one console exclusive. The licence requires it to be released on every major format.