DDOS attacks

WTF is up with all the DDOS attacks lately? If these stupid f'n kids are good enough to play a game then they attack your system. What a bunch of pieces of $hit!!! All these kids mothers should have aborted their sorry ****

Comments

• dylanmx
    4427 posts National Call-Up
    How much did you lose?
  • Wow! Back to back games. These **** are desperate for wins tonight. F**K this game. EA do something to stop these cheating little ****!! Unreal!
  • Metalfly
    991 posts Professional
    How do you know you're being DDOS attacked? I have not experienced this once.
  • Clancy
    7756 posts League Winner
    What makes you certain?

So far as I can tell it's only happened to me once, it was in a divisions match in fut17. I went up on a guy 4-2 in the 80' and he paused, then about 15 seconds into the pause the router in my house kicked everyone off and stopped working for about 30 seconds. Never happened before like that and never since
  • Clancy wrote: »
    What makes you certain?

So far as I can tell it's only happened to me once, it was in a divisions match in fut17. I went up on a guy 4-2 in the 80' and he paused, then about 15 seconds into the pause the router in my house kicked everyone off and stopped working for about 30 seconds. Never happened before like that and never since

Exactly this. Happened tonight in back to back games.
  • RandomLhama83
    10092 posts Has That Special Something
    Clancy wrote: »
    What makes you certain?

because, when you get DCed from a fut game, you get kicked of EA servers. Your entire net does not go down and you should still be online on PSN, when everything goes off thats when you kno for certain you have just been DDoossed by a lowlife. Its happening. and it happens in a lot of games, on COD especially. Some ppl just aren't skilled enough to play without cheating in some form. Theres not much to do because ea wont acknowledge that there are ppl DDossing on fifa online... Instead they will email you a guide how to fix your connection.

I mean theres that odd occasion when your ISP provider does do maintenance and may kick you off, but id put my money that it was a DDoss attack. Its been a regular thing for years now. Only reason it doesn't happen in weekend league is because ea hides your IP through there dedicated servers , luckily.
  • Retro_G
    29321 posts Player of the Year
    Set up a VPN, hide your IP address.
  • Get this one. I own a decent router with a strong firewall specifically constructed to prevent DDOS attacks. This past weekend I noticed LATE into the WL that my games were getting slower and slower; More input delay and apparent packet loss from one game to the next. A wild hair directed me to the firewall logs, and I was perplexed at my findings. These no talent donkey's are so hurting for an extra 5,000 coins...

(I know I should have setup a VPN by now, I know)

I had just finished playing 15 or so WL games up to the last minute before expiration. The DDOS scan packets sent by the router's firewall each still eat up bandwidth, and whether or not the attack is successful in bringing down your router/network, can and will significantly decrease gameplay quality. During the last 5 games alone, these returned positive attempts had logged almost 1500 times!

Why not stop spending money on hacking software (or higher levels of intelligence if software is not needed for this) and spend it on packs to earn coins in the market, retaining dignity and creating pride in a growing skillset due to hard work and practice? It's just a game in the end, so whatever, but it's ironically identical to the mindset of our government entities and western economy who spend all of their time exploiting ignorant consumers/citizens. Instead of being selfish, why not be content with marginally less revenue exchanged for pride in providing a great product to a much larger number of (now happy) consumers?

Yes, I might have just made a relevant comparison of EA to the Trump Administration. Your Welcome.

*Rant Concluded*
  • TheOnlyLambOfGod
    15 posts Ball Boy
    edited February 2018
    joe666 wrote: »
    Clancy wrote: »
    What makes you certain?

because, when you get DCed from a fut game, you get kicked of EA servers. Your entire net does not go down and you should still be online on PSN, when everything goes off thats when you kno for certain you have just been DDoossed by a lowlife. Its happening. and it happens in a lot of games, on COD especially. Some ppl just aren't skilled enough to play without cheating in some form. Theres not much to do because ea wont acknowledge that there are ppl DDossing on fifa online... Instead they will email you a guide how to fix your connection.

I mean theres that odd occasion when your ISP provider does do maintenance and may kick you off, but id put my money that it was a DDoss attack. Its been a regular thing for years now. Only reason it doesn't happen in weekend league is because ea hides your IP through there dedicated servers , luckily.

You are correct about that man, but your IP is not encrypted on their servers when connected, and is still fairly easy to trace... even in WL.