u keep sprint while defending?

Eikistein
355 posts Sunday League Hero
Unfortunately after 4 months of fifa 18 I am still not able to defend and I am trying to figure out what I am doing wrong. While defending I sprint all the time. Do you?

Comments

  • Fifapayne
    6401 posts Big Money Move
    No lol
  • Eikistein
    355 posts Sunday League Hero
    Fifapayne wrote: »
    No lol

    Do u think that could be the problem?
  • Pointon27
    231 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Rule of thumb, if your behind your opponent and trying to win the ball or get in position then sprint. If your between your goal and the opponent then jockey!
  • IntoxicatedSeal
    1421 posts Professional
    Erm no....

    I think you could benefit from those training games so you can learn how the controls work...
  • Fifapayne
    6401 posts Big Money Move

    Eikistein wrote: »
    Fifapayne wrote: »
    No lol

    Do u think that could be the problem?


    Hold both triggers for quicker movement
  • Safk001
    967 posts Professional
    Sprinting is an absolute no no. Learn how to use the the jockey button L2/LT. Also the R1/RB is good to get your AI to put pressure on them as you position (be careful with that though it can leave gaps in back four)
  • DangerZone
    979 posts Professional
    You shouldt be sprinting too much at all really.. Im average at best, if I lose my cool, i’ll be running around sprinting like a maniac and have a bad game.. if im composed and relaxed, i’ll be using the left bumper and use close ball control and small runs for space.. in defending, only jockey and really quick player switching to cut passing lanes
  • Numlocked_
    2507 posts Fans' Favourite
    Check out Boras or Ovyy. They have some good vivs on youtube on how to learn to defend. Sprinting is idd a big nono. L2 for jockey, R1 for press and X when you are a few feet away and need a quick turn or catch up...
  • Numlocked_
    2507 posts Fans' Favourite
    Oh and always defend the most dangerous area first. Wich one that is I'll leave fo you to figure out ;)
  • DangerZone
    979 posts Professional
    Numlocked_ wrote: »
    Check out Boras or Ovyy. They have some good vivs on youtube on how to learn to defend. Sprinting is idd a big nono. L2 for jockey, R1 for press and X when you are a few feet away and need a quick turn or catch up...
    boris ovvy and fifa solved are all great.. they arent universal though.. you have to find out what works best for you, take what you need from it and apply it to your game
  • truegunn3r
    13035 posts World Class
    edited January 2018
    Depends on how my opponent is playing defensively. If he is not using his CB’s to press and tackle and is purely relying on his CDM/CM’s then I’ll dribble, wriggle, and pass to open gaps. If he is pressing me very hard and bringing his defenders out of position to close me down then sprinting with quick attack combos works good for me.
  • Numlocked_
    2507 posts Fans' Favourite
    truegunn3r wrote: »
    Depends on how my opponent is playing defensively. If he is not using his CB’s to press and tackle and is purely relying on his CDM/CM’s then I’ll dribble, wriggle, and pass to open gaps. If he is pressing me very hard and bringing his defenders out of position to close me down then sprinting with quick attack combos works good for me.

    I always have trouble against people that use dribble and wriggle a lot... :)
  • Numlocked_
    2507 posts Fans' Favourite
    DangerZone wrote: »
    Numlocked_ wrote: »
    Check out Boras or Ovyy. They have some good vivs on youtube on how to learn to defend. Sprinting is idd a big nono. L2 for jockey, R1 for press and X when you are a few feet away and need a quick turn or catch up...
    boris ovvy and fifa solved are all great.. they arent universal though.. you have to find out what works best for you, take what you need from it and apply it to your game

    Fifa solved, didn't know about that one. Thanks ;)
  • letsfifa10
    1452 posts Play-Off Hero
    I always use cdm to sprint back help the back four, never sprint with defenders.
  • rodrel
    858 posts Semi-Pro
    The best way to defend is using just the analog to follow your opponent and place your player between your opponent and the goal/potential pass receiver. While doing so, if your player moves out of position tap T2 to put him back in. Use X but not hold it down all the time, to get in position of tackle and tackle when u r close to the player. Remeber, inside your area use light tackles rapidly hitting tackle and player change, but not power tackles as they usualy lead to a pen. I t may read hard but it's all down to practice, really. And keep calm. When an opponent is sprinting towards your goal don't panic, rather follow him and get yourdefence back into position. With some practice you will adapt and learn when u need to press any button. Squad Battles help a lot.
  • Eikistein
    355 posts Sunday League Hero
    Thanks for all your help guys.
  • nope123
    1369 posts Professional
    rodrel wrote: »
    The best way to defend is using just the analog to follow your opponent and place your player between your opponent and the goal/potential pass receiver. While doing so, if your player moves out of position tap T2 to put him back in. Use X but not hold it down all the time, to get in position of tackle and tackle when u r close to the player. Remeber, inside your area use light tackles rapidly hitting tackle and player change, but not power tackles as they usualy lead to a pen. I t may read hard but it's all down to practice, really. And keep calm. When an opponent is sprinting towards your goal don't panic, rather follow him and get yourdefence back into position. With some practice you will adapt and learn when u need to press any button. Squad Battles help a lot.
    @rodrel what is T2
  • rodrel
    858 posts Semi-Pro
    nope123 wrote: »
    rodrel wrote: »
    The best way to defend is using just the analog to follow your opponent and place your player between your opponent and the goal/potential pass receiver. While doing so, if your player moves out of position tap T2 to put him back in. Use X but not hold it down all the time, to get in position of tackle and tackle when u r close to the player. Remeber, inside your area use light tackles rapidly hitting tackle and player change, but not power tackles as they usualy lead to a pen. I t may read hard but it's all down to practice, really. And keep calm. When an opponent is sprinting towards your goal don't panic, rather follow him and get yourdefence back into position. With some practice you will adapt and learn when u need to press any button. Squad Battles help a lot.
    @rodrel what is T2


    Sorry I meant LT
  • Good advice here
Sign In or Register to comment.