Who are the games elite/game changers ?

Bowden92
6072 posts Big Money Move
edited January 2018
Two reasons I've made it, firstly, next crash, I'll probably buy a team :* So getting ideas, secondly, after watching some pros yesterday (I very rarely watch pros) They all, of course, had some of the same players

CR7
R94
Gullit
Vieira

Are the main, obvious ones, they were in every single match I watched, then you had Kante/Ramos/Marcelo/De Gea etc in alot aswell

I were just curious who you guys would rank up there, who carries your team at times, who is irreplaceable because they're just so unique and good

Comments

• Orison
    47805 posts FIFA Cover Star
    CR7
    Vieira
    Desailly

If you don't play pro vs pro, but "normal" WL you can change Gullit for other CMs, but especially in 442 Vieira is running that whole formation. For me the entire formation is pointless without Vieira.

CR7 is the best striker in the game (the TOTY that is), NIF is 3rd with R94 2nd imo.

Desailly is my hero in defense. Pro vs pro Ramos and Rio seem to be most popular, but for WL I prefer having Desailly and Blanc.
  • Bowden92
    edited January 2018
    Orison wrote: »
    CR7
    Vieira
    Desailly

If you don't play pro vs pro, but "normal" WL you can change Gullit for other CMs, but especially in 442 Vieira is running that whole formation. For me the entire formation is pointless without Vieira.

CR7 is the best striker in the game (the TOTY that is), NIF is 3rd with R94 2nd imo.

Desailly is my hero in defense. Pro vs pro Ramos and Rio seem to be most popular, but for WL I prefer having Desailly and Blanc.

Agree with those, not used any elite players this year yet, but going by the pros, seem they're following that similar pattern
  • murazor
    7860 posts League Winner
    R94, best player ever released
  • Viggo 007
    12248 posts Has That Special Something
    God dammit why is Vieira such a beast on console..

Makes me jealous , almost makes me wish I had delay on PC so I could appreaciate this beast :'(
  • coatsy
    32197 posts National Team Captain
    As a sporadic WL player, ADP is the man. He won't be used at these tournaments but for pure enjoyment I think he ranks very highly. 92 version is the best, up yours @ORANGEeffect05
  • ORANGEeffect05
    20480 posts Club Captain
    coatsy2008 wrote: »
    As a sporadic WL player, ADP is the man. He won't be used at these tournaments but for pure enjoyment I think he ranks very highly. 92 version is the best, up yours @ORANGEeffect05

Over 500 goals and 250 assists with the 87 GOAT fam :smile:
  • Bowden92
    Some things make me wonder though ... When you see how, basically, not out of place Valencia or Walker look in these teams, makes me think only certain stats really matter, obviously there is a lack of top RBs, but
  • ORANGEeffect05
    20480 posts Club Captain
    Bowden92 wrote: »
    Some things make me wonder though ... When you see how, basically, not out of place Valencia or Walker look in these teams, makes me think only certain stats really matter, obviously there is a lack of top RBs, but

Pace/Strength at fullback are far more important than any other stat
  • Bowden92
    I used the 87 ADP and he's actually as good as people say, surprised me a little
  • Samuel Eto'o
    19344 posts World Class
    coatsy2008 wrote: »

Honestly that man saves me so often. Even when I play WL which isn't very often he contributes in every game and outplays most players I've used.

Other than him I think Desailly and Blanc are some of the best CB's the game has to offer. Vieira is an obvious one, no other midfielder plays like him.
  • PJazz
    2202 posts Fans' Favourite
    Prime Petit
  • UTG
    2411 posts Fans' Favourite
    Had the 91 Vieira for about a week now, and he's ridiculous. Aside from all the obvious advantages, he has this uncanny knack of stepping out from CDM to intercept and break up attacks through the middle. Unlike most cards, I can't think of a direct comparison or replacement for that spot.

Apart from that, I keep re-buying CR7, and not sure who could replace De Gea or Desailly either, so they're the spine of the team until TOTS most likely.
  • Bowden92
    UTG wrote: »
    Had the 91 Vieira for about a week now, and he's ridiculous. Aside from all the obvious advantages, he has this uncanny knack of stepping out from CDM to intercept and break up attacks through the middle. Unlike most cards, I can't think of a direct comparison or replacement for that spot.

Apart from that, I keep re-buying CR7, and not sure who could replace De Gea or Desailly either, so they're the spine of the team until TOTS most likely.

Definitely man, Vieira and CR7 both pretty irreplaceable, which De Gea you got ?
  • Ugri
    6513 posts Big Money Move
    Is 88 Vieira any good? How does he compare to the Prime?
  • ORANGEeffect05
    20480 posts Club Captain
    Ugri wrote: »

Even using the 86 and he's an animal in 442. Massive presence.
  • Bowden92

Personally not used the prime, but the 88 was just as good if not better, than the hype, so unique
  • Ugri
    6513 posts Big Money Move

I had the 86 and imo Prime Petit outplayed him. 88 better right?
  • ORANGEeffect05
    20480 posts Club Captain

I had the 86 and imo Prime Petit outplayed him. 88 better right?

Preferring Pat to the middle Petit for the pace and size. 88 looks an improvement for sure though.
  • DarthGrowler
    14248 posts Has That Special Something
    Prime Henry is my game changer
  • UTG

Definitely man, Vieira and CR7 both pretty irreplaceable, which De Gea you got ?

Just the regular. Not got the coinage for any of the others. :D

Tried out a lot of players up until TOTY, and those are the ones that will be sticking around, then building from there.

Probably Blanc next to replace Bailly; had Blanc and Des, but only in different teams so far. Should give a quick shout to 86 Mbappe as well: been superb for me at RW.

With what you've seen and the recommendations, what kind of team are you looking to build?

• Skybluestu
    758 posts Semi-Pro
    edited January 2018
    Aside from the obvious choices, toty Ramos is immense. No other CB is close to his level imo
  • Bowden92

Tried out a lot of players up until TOTY, and those are the ones that will be sticking around, then building from there.

Probably Blanc next to replace Bailly; had Blanc and Des, but only in different teams so far. Should give a quick shout to 86 Mbappe as well: been superb for me at RW.

With what you've seen and the recommendations, what kind of team are you looking to build?

I think the NIF still, going off reviews, sounds like the best keeper out of the cheaper ones anyway

Ok man, Ye Mbappe fits the stats for UT, 100%, imagine his tots

Hmm, the players I were thinking of getting for 100% certain were these:

NIF CR7
    90 Gullit
    88 Vieira
    91 Dinho
    89 Blanc
    87 Des
    Either TOTY Kante or 88 Petit

That will smash my coin total to bits :joy: However, I'm not buying just yet so hopefully can fit in some other good NIFs like Nain or something, all depends how trading goes from now until I buy
  • torcids
    299 posts Sunday League Hero
    With stats alone i'm surprised no one uses 91/93 Matthaus. I haven't tried him out but is his height that bad that he gets ignored alot..
  • Smudge
    4538 posts National Call-Up
    edited January 2018
    Firmly believe Alaba is the best LB in the game the man is crazy (genuinely believe he's a game changing LB)
  • Paciga45
    3547 posts National Call-Up
    Prime Henry
    Prime Petit
    87 ADP

From the cards I’ve used
  • Bowden92
    torcids wrote: »
    With stats alone i'm surprised no one uses 91/93 Matthaus. I haven't tried him out but is his height that bad that he gets ignored alot..

I'd imagine it's the height/physical presence thing
  • Vflagship
    1205 posts Professional
    87 adp, crazy good
  • UTG

I think the NIF still, going off reviews, sounds like the best keeper out of the cheaper ones anyway

NIF CR7
    90 Gullit
    88 Vieira
    91 Dinho
    89 Blanc
    87 Des

That will smash my coin total to bits :joy: However, I'm not buying just yet so hopefully can fit in some other good NIFs like Nain or something, all depends how trading goes from now until I buy

Good shout to wait if you're not fussed about playing. I'd imagine a few like that Dinho may drop a fair bit once they start bringing out the big-gun Primes and closer to TOTS.

Got the regular Naing alongside 91 KDB at CM atm and he's a stud in-game; doesn't look too out of place in a really strong team like the one you have planned.

• Shehraj
    5733 posts Big Money Move
    nif jesus
  • Bowden92

NIF CR7
    90 Gullit
    88 Vieira
    91 Dinho
    89 Blanc
    87 Des

Good shout to wait if you're not fussed about playing. I'd imagine a few like that Dinho may drop a fair bit once they start bringing out the big-gun Primes and closer to TOTS.

Got the regular Naing alongside 91 KDB at CM atm and he's a stud in-game; doesn't look too out of place in a really strong team like the one you have planned.

Nah im not playing atm man just trading, i lost all love for playing matches, only just starting to get abit of it back

I think so, ones all the elite icons are realised I'm definitely hoping for a little drop anyway, not too fussed about tots players either

Ye KDB looks great TBH, like a really good CM