To those who say its pay 2 win

MxM15
833 posts Semi-Pro
You urgently need to play with a team full of icons and if’s. Try this against a full OP gold EPL team and see who gets al the rebounds, gets all the faults against, who’s players make the best runs and wich team has the magical goalkeeper. And compare this with how your icons make runs, turn like trucks, who’s goalkeeper cant stopt the only 2 shots they shoot,...
i can tell you its not pay 2 win, its get f0cked up when you pay and play sh!tty teams. They only play like icons when playing other big teams.

Comments

• Noo
    1036 posts Professional
    I get that your posting to vent, but do you really believe this? Why do you think the pro's use icon teams if they would be better off with OP EPL squads? Just curious about your thoughts.
  • dylanmx
    4427 posts National Call-Up
    Noo wrote: »
    I get that your posting to vent, but do you really believe this? Why do you think the pro's use icon teams if they would be better off with OP EPL squads? Just curious about your thoughts.

• CoachDavio
    649 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Yo I was about to write the same thing. Finally unveiled my icon squad and was so excited to get some mojo my way.
    LMFAO!!!!!
    Zero goals !!! Zero goals. Ronaldinho can’t hit the target. Van hasten? Can’t hit the target either. Matthuus? Can’t compete a pass.
    Furthermore my goalie did an own goal when I was trying to control it with r2 and facing the opposite way AND the other goal was a penalty where the AI clips him and the my goalie does a super dive over the ball to the low corner. Ea is trying to make me quit. So stupid. Hey what’s the point of icons if they suck?
  • Tomb1302
    7626 posts League Winner
    edited January 2018
    It's funny because I was in a really tight game yesterday. Del P broke the deadlock with an unprecedented long shot. 2 minutes later, IF Son hits one from twice as far to equalize.

*sigh*
  • MxM15
    833 posts Semi-Pro
    Because they play icons vs icons. And never vs **** teams
  • pudgyfudgy
    5553 posts Big Money Move
    Andy1980 wrote: »
    Because they play icons vs icons. And never vs **** teams

Uh no? They come up against the exact same types of opponents that we all face every weekend. Some full icons but mostly EPL golds with a few IFs.
  • Workhorse25
    305 posts Sunday League Hero
    It amazes me how far people will bend logic just to avoid having to look in the mirror.
  • Noo
    1036 posts Professional
    CoachDavio wrote: »
    Yo I was about to write the same thing. Finally unveiled my icon squad and was so excited to get some mojo my way.
    LMFAO!!!!!
    Zero goals !!! Zero goals. Ronaldinho can’t hit the target. Van hasten? Can’t hit the target either. Matthuus? Can’t compete a pass.
    Furthermore my goalie did an own goal when I was trying to control it with r2 and facing the opposite way AND the other goal was a penalty where the AI clips him and the my goalie does a super dive over the ball to the low corner. Ea is trying to make me quit. So stupid. Hey what’s the point of icons if they suck?

So why do you think this is? Only icons I've used are loans but they have all be as excellent as I expected them to be. Is it just struggling getting used to a different players stats and traits?

I see lots of people complaining about icons and high rated players underperformed against cheap "OP" teams. Are their expectations too high? Personally I think it's more likely down to the opponent player skill being better. It must be more frustrating to loose to a cheap team when you have spent/traded to icon teams and you notice theses thing so more because the expectation is that the icons will dominate. What do you think?

• MxM15
    833 posts Semi-Pro
    edited January 2018
    LMFAO!!!!!

So why do you think this is? Only icons I've used are loans but they have all be as excellent as I expected them to be. Is it just struggling getting used to a different players stats and traits?

I see lots of people complaining about icons and high rated players underperformed against cheap "OP" teams. Are their expectations too high? Personally I think it's more likely down to the opponent player skill being better. It must be more frustrating to loose to a cheap team when you have spent/traded to icon teams and you notice theses thing so more because the expectation is that the icons will dominate. What do you think?

Yashin cant catch a bal, vieira cant pas to player right next to him, petit cant win shoulder duel against martial,... this has nothing to do with high expectations but is just wrlng. How come my toty kante bullies 90 gullit but cant bullie nif kante?? Explain that
  • Workhorse25
    LMFAO!!!!!

Yashin cant catch a bal, vieira cant pas to player right next to him, petit cant win shoulder duel against martial,... this has nothing to do with high expectations but is just wrlng. How come my toty kante bullies 90 gullit but cant bullie nif kante?? Explain that

It’s EA, it’s the sliders, it’s the dynamic moments, it’s everything but you. The person controlling the players.

Go and stand facing the mirror and repeat 10 times: “I’m just not as good as I think I am”
  • Roobar
    582 posts An Exciting Prospect
    It's really true, Had some pack luck this week. Spent the money on IF bale and Toty Modric, never have I missed so many shots in my life and had so many BS goals scored against me. Time to get bakayoko and co. back in the team!
  • MxM15
    833 posts Semi-Pro
    LMFAO!!!!!

It’s EA, it’s the sliders, it’s the dynamic moments, it’s everything but you. The person controlling the players.

Go and stand facing the mirror and repeat 10 times: “I’m just not as good as I think I am”

I never said i was good? I am a regular player. Its just strange my players turn in to bronze when facing a normal team thats all. So you just go stand in the mirror and say “i dont even know what i am talking about” and play further with your martial, jesus, bakayoko and begovic
  • Helloitsme2
    589 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Good teams are an advantage when you use the right players that's for sure I'm a gold 1 player and I have a team with potm sane if alessandrini prime hernandez sir bailey and so on and I bet that I would just finish max gold 3 with a 50 k premier league side
  • Workhorse25
    LMFAO!!!!!

I never said i was good? I am a regular player. Its just strange my players turn in to bronze when facing a normal team thats all.

Your players don’t turn into bronze players. You just implied in your first sentence that you aren’t good. That’s your problem.

ICONS aren’t magic. They won’t suddenly make you good. But if you play someone with a similar skill level to you, the team with better players will normally win for all sorts of obvious reasons.

Because you’re not good, by your own admission. Good players with average teams will keep beating you.
  • Nana_bitty
    1728 posts Play-Off Hero
    Built a 2.5 mil team for this weekend and had my worst start 1w 5 losses. Consisted of messi, Suarez, Vidal, pogba, Ramos, boateng etc. Just couldn't score with them.
    Went to op prem team and started winning.
    I don't know if people see a good team and play more defensively than they would against a cheap one but the prem team just flows better.
    Sick of how ultimate team has gone but the game is in a right state.
  • Noo
    1036 posts Professional
    LMFAO!!!!!

If this has been your experience I can't just say "your wrong" because I don't know. But to say that the best cards in the game are all terrible/at a disadvantage when professionals who rely on their performance for income use them is farcical, no?

Maybe when people have expectations that toty, icons and high rated players will in every tackle, complete every pass and score every shot they get frustrated and post here. Maybe they aren't taking into account player skill. Maybe that's the difference between them and the pro's. Skill. What do you think?
  • Blarix
    20838 posts Club Captain
    It's mentality that comes into play.
  • Alex_cr
    5113 posts Big Money Move
    This is the issue. People get a load of icons/premium players and dump them in a team forgetting about any balance then wonder why they struggle.

They shoot from everywhere and expect wonder goals where previously they would have got into decent positions.

It's fact that if prem players were better than icons the pros would use them.
  • Fab
    17885 posts World Class
    Yup. That's why all the pro's rock NIF squads.
  • CoachDavio
    649 posts An Exciting Prospect
    LMFAO!!!!!

I think the sliders get you no matter who you have. Did I suddenly forget to play after one game? Did I forget to shoot? Van hasten is supposed to be a BETTER shooting than Antonio. Ronaldino is better than Zaha. Yet neither could hit a shot. Man I am not a pro but I am alright and I wasn’t tired or distracted. The game before with my IF bpL squad I scored a bunch on WL just fine. Then I put on the icons and they missed easy shots. Same shots I got the game before. And my goalie literally threw the game in a way that would get investigated for illegal gambling in real life. Let me lose to better players fine. Match me up with better players. But when a worse player get to win as my super icons all suck it is just stupid and disheartening.

• torcids
    299 posts Sunday League Hero
    LMFAO!!!!!

I never said i was good? I am a regular player. Its just strange my players turn in to bronze when facing a normal team thats all.

Your players don’t turn into bronze players. You just implied in your first sentence that you aren’t good. That’s your problem.

ICONS aren’t magic. They won’t suddenly make you good. But if you play someone with a similar skill level to you, the team with better players will normally win for all sorts of obvious reasons.

Because you’re not good, by your own admission. Good players with average teams will keep beating you.

I think all he is saying not that he should be winning because he has a better team, just that his players don't play to their card upgrade. You buy a player with better passing because that's what you need and all of sudden he can't make the same pass he made with a lower card. I think that's what he is trying to say.
  • MxM15
    833 posts Semi-Pro
    LMFAO!!!!!

Thats the problem, there not good. How can you be good scoring 2 rebound goals and his keeper makes 20 saves and i hit 5 times the post. I never complain when loosing from a better opponent.
  • Mdx
    2691 posts Fans' Favourite
    If you meet a better player with a worse team he will still beat you.
    Icons aren't magic they don't automatically make you the greatest fut player.
    If you meet a player at your level having icons can make the difference. That's where it's pay to win.
  • MxM15
    833 posts Semi-Pro
    Fab wrote: »

Read again, its says: they only play good when facing other icons or big teams. Just like pro’s play eachother with big teams so thats not an issue for them
  • Workhorse25

Read again, its says: they only play good when facing other icons or big teams. Just like pro’s play eachother with big teams so thats not an issue for them

Pros play the same teams you and I play in WL. And plenty of them finish 40/40 every other week.

• Fab
    17885 posts World Class

So surely some pro's would go for a full gold team so they can get these rebounds, the best runs, etc. you're speaking of against the other pro's that are using big teams? Seems like a no brainer for me.
  • Noo
    1036 posts Professional
    LMFAO!!!!!

I think the sliders get you no matter who you have. Did I suddenly forget to play after one game? Did I forget to shoot? Van hasten is supposed to be a BETTER shooting than Antonio. Ronaldino is better than Zaha. Yet neither could hit a shot. Man I am not a pro but I am alright and I wasn’t tired or distracted. The game before with my IF bpL squad I scored a bunch on WL just fine. Then I put on the icons and they missed easy shots. Same shots I got the game before. And my goalie literally threw the game in a way that would get investigated for illegal gambling in real life. Let me lose to better players fine. Match me up with better players. But when a worse player get to win as my super icons all suck it is just stupid and disheartening.

I can understand this but as long as you understand that it's down to you. Your player skill. Your struggling to adapt to icons. Not the cards themselves. Other than that you haven't accounted for why pro's use them to great effect. In the end it all comes down to player skill with cards making a difference between equally matched players.
    Mdx wrote: »
    If you meet a better player with a worse team he will still beat you.
    Icons aren't magic they don't automatically make you the greatest fut player.
    If you meet a player at your level having icons can make the difference. That's where it's pay to win.

Basically this. Do you accept that?
  • Noo
    1036 posts Professional

I don't understand this comment. You do realise you can watch pro's play right? They come up against the same teams you do. Full icon, EPL, sweatty teams whatever....

They win consistently. It's not rock paper scissors where you loose based on your choice of team. Icons don't always perform equal to the other icons, beat sweat and loose to EPL.

If I've misunderstood you apologies, and can you explain better?
  • MxM15
    833 posts Semi-Pro
    edited January 2018
    Some of you guys act really dumb. Offcourse pro are 100 times better then me and even if icons dont do what they have to do they are good enough to beat e worse opponent. If my icons get nerved i am ****. Dont compare pro’s to regular players. With your **** like yes but pro’s this and pro’s that. BS! I am talking about regular players and i read a lot of stuf and compaints from others forum users with the same problems
  • HullCity1904
    1894 posts Fans' Favourite
    It is absolutely Pay to win... I dominate players 3/1 ratio on shots, more posession more everything.

but they win because icons and ronaldos don't need much to score.