OT: Has anyone here ever had their LB/RB button jammed?

Santiago
21486 posts Club Captain
I just dropped my controller and the LB button is stuck. I tried to move it up abit and it worked but it doesn't click at all anymore.

RIP controller or can I fix this?
Reason I am asking is because I googled it and I saw somebody say they can't get jammed at all and it means the bumper broke (and can't be fixed).

Comments

• Orison
    47007 posts FIFA Cover Star
    Had it once, put a pencil in the gap, pushed it back up and it "clicked" back into place. If yours doesn't do that then the spring is done and it's ggnor I guess.
  • Azof
    16017 posts World Class
    Butter fingers
  • YOLOT0URE
    6939 posts Big Money Move
    My trigger works fine but it doesn’t register if I hold it lol so when trying to throw a grenade on COD I can’t cook it. And Fifa half the time my finesse just blasts lol
  • Santiago
    21486 posts Club Captain
    Orison wrote: »
    Had it once, put a pencil in the gap, pushed it back up and it "clicked" back into place. If yours doesn't do that then the spring is done and it's ggnor I guess.

Going to do this now. All or nothing :D

Annoying af because my xbox is acting like I am holding down the LB button so I can literally do nothing
  • Santiago
    21486 posts Club Captain
    It worked. Cheers @Orison
  • Santiago
    21486 posts Club Captain
    The side of the bumper is loose though. Not sure if that broke or
  • Wonderfulwest
    4629 posts National Call-Up
    I’ve broke the shoulder buttons on a couple of controls
  • dylwms
    2306 posts Fans' Favourite
    I broke my Lb button last year, just bought another
  • hoban95
    48504 posts FIFA Cover Star

• Smudge
    4520 posts National Call-Up
    hoban95 wrote: »

Those Bergkamp longshots...
  • VanBasten12
    6784 posts Big Money Move
    I've also dropped many controllers. Even had 1 that spontaneously flew out the door, hitting the tree 10 metres away, 5 metres up :joy:

So many, that I've fixed them myself, so you'd need to open it up to see if there is something broken (could be a small plastic part) and possibly repaired with some super glue or the like.
  • Il THE WOLF lI
    4683 posts National Call-Up
    Sometimes if that doesn't work you can just pop open the controller and align the holes if its too stuck to pop out. These controllers are incredibly easy to fix yourself.
  • Santiago
    21486 posts Club Captain
    I've also dropped many controllers. Even had 1 that spontaneously flew out the door, hitting the tree 10 metres away, 5 metres up :joy:

So many, that I've fixed them myself, so you'd need to open it up to see if there is something broken (could be a small plastic part) and possibly repaired with some super glue or the like.

Yeah gotta get that special screwdriver first and then I'll try and open it to fix the loose button. I am terrible at fixing things though :D
  • VanBasten12
    6784 posts Big Money Move
    Santiago wrote: »

Yeah gotta get that special screwdriver first and then I'll try and open it to fix the loose button. I am terrible at fixing things though :D

Ah yeah ... forgot about that, oops sorry. I have this 100-piece every-possible-screw-set that has saved my butt many times. Best $30 I've spent on tools.
  • hoban95
    48504 posts FIFA Cover Star
    Smudge wrote: »

Mate they are deadly
  • Snadeau
    1052 posts Professional
    Have dropped 2 in the past were the lb/be straight up came out and wouldn’t stay back in. Lately the issue has been my left stick breaking every 2 months.
  • Wonderfulwest
    4629 posts National Call-Up
    Smudge wrote: »

Mate they are deadly

Automatic
  • P
    7487 posts League Winner
    Bit of cardboard down the side does the trick.
  • Whoman
    5305 posts Big Money Move
    just as an FYI: If you bought the console/controller first hand, Microsoft is really good about replacing faulty stuff with no charge. Replaced 2 controllers already since i bought, no questions asked.
  • Santiago
    21486 posts Club Captain
    edited January 2018
    Whoman wrote: »
    just as an FYI: If you bought the console/controller first hand, Microsoft is really good about replacing faulty stuff with no charge. Replaced 2 controllers already since i bought, no questions asked.

Only if you bought it directly from the MS store I assume?
  • Cheetah Thumbs
    4148 posts National Call-Up
    Ive gone through so many controllers. My biggest problem has been lb/rb and the left stick. My rb always goes bad.