So for eMLS...

Evil Slykilla
210 posts Has Potential To Be Special
I guess it was more about having a twitch following (no offense Pug) or past accolades rather than having like a tourney or some sort competition to determine the representatives to send to Boston.

Cool

Comments

• MikeyP_FC
    14665 posts Has That Special Something
    Cool

• MikeyP_FC
    14665 posts Has That Special Something
    But it makes sense, right? They don’t care about the best of the best. They want exposure. Picking reps of the game with lots of followers = less work to get that exposure.
  • Evil Slykilla
    MikeyP_FC wrote: »
    But it makes sense, right? They don’t care about the best of the best. They want exposure. Picking reps of the game with lots of followers = less work to get that exposure.

Yeah I know it makes sense from a marketing stand point, but then I look at Minnesota and they signed 4 people...so I'm still perplexed
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    34112 posts National Team Captain
    From what I understand most of the people competed for their spots. Not every MLS City (that has an esports team) is going to have top 100 players locally to represent them. It’d be weird if a guy living in Florida represented Columbus Crew for example.

People are making a bigger deal out of it than it is. Most people are complaining out of jealousy.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    edited January 2018

Yeah I know it makes sense from a marketing stand point, but then I look at Minnesota and they signed 4 people...so I'm still perplexed

Only one of them is actually competing if the eleague or whatever it is.
  • Evil Slykilla

that makes a little more sense then, yeah idk it would have just been cool to go to some sort of tourney to compete for the LA Galaxy spot
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    edited January 2018

that makes a little more sense then, yeah idk it would have just been cool to go to some sort of tourney to compete for the LA Galaxy spot

Yeah I’m not 100% sure the reason for bringing on the amount of people they did, but only 1 is representing them at events and the eMLS stuff.

I personally think it’s best that they have someone local represent each team. So I think what they are doing is fine
  • Evil Slykilla
    edited January 2018

Yeah I’m not 100% sure the reason for bringing on the amount of people they did, but only 1 is representing them at events and the eMLS stuff.

I personally think it’s best that they have someone local represent each team. So I think what they are doing is fine

Yeah I'm fine with how they are picking people close to the city, but I'm pretty sure there was no competition or tourney for LA or San Jose as I called them to ask them what they were doing to choose their representative a week ago.

Friendly competition never hurt anyone
  • XxRichiexRichxX

Yeah I'm fine with how they are picking people close to the city, but I'm pretty sure there was no competition or tourney for LA or San Jose as I called them to ask them what they were doing to choose their representative a week ago.

Friendly competition never hurt anyone

Ahh yeah idk how each one chooses their representative. I know some of done mini tournament type things to pick theirs though.
  • BenzP7
    8316 posts League Winner
    edited January 2018
    Ive participated the Galaxy Tourney and I was called in for the interview. I was one of the three people who got called in for interview.

Funny thing was Guastella landed the job but the winner of the tourney was xBleu from PS4.

I personally like Guastella but so far he is not as good as he used to be if I am being honest and I think xBleu or Emperial M4rtin(consistent t100 from LA/he didnt participate in tourney though) should’ve earned the spot if it was done by how good they are. However Guastella got the job because he is the most successful in terms of career and has the most followers.

My point is it’s not about how good you are but how famous you are is the right way to look at it.

Don’t get me wrong though, I am genuinely happy for Pugz and Guastella to land on the job although I wish I could’ve taken the spot.
  • Evil Slykilla
    BenzP7 wrote: »
    Ive participated the Galaxy Tourney and I was called in for the interview. I was one of the three people who got called in for interview.

Funny thing was Guastella landed the job but the winner of the tourney was xBleu from PS4.

I personally like Guastella but so far he is not as good as he used to be if I am being honest and I think xBleu or Emperial M4rtin(consistent t100 from LA/he didnt participate in tourney though) should’ve earned the spot if it was done by how good they are. However Guastella got the job because he is the most successful in terms of career and has the most followers.

My point is it’s not about how good you are but how famous you are is the right way to look at it.

Don’t get me wrong though, I am genuinely happy for Pugz and Guastella to land on the job although I wish I could’ve taken the spot.

Was that the kickoff tourney held back when the game first launched?
  • BenzP7
    8316 posts League Winner
    edited January 2018

Yeah but they didn’t announce anything until recently.

The interview went really well and they liked me from what I’ve noticed but guess that wasn’t the case.
  • Evil Slykilla

The interview went really well and they liked me from what I’ve noticed but guess that wasn’t the case.

Damn I wish I knew that would have been the case lol, well I guess its time to start streaming to show everyone how to spend less than $200 and still get enough coins to afford the best team in the game by Jan, while being somewhat decent at the game...

Too bad this weekend is the worst weekend to stream lol...
  • BenzP7
    8316 posts League Winner

Damn I wish I knew that would have been the case lol, well I guess its time to start streaming to show everyone how to spend less than $200 and still get enough coins to afford the best team in the game by Jan, while being somewhat decent at the game...

Just start streaming as much as you can. I am planning to stream all my WL games in Feb as my chances of qualifying is so slim. Why not? Haha
  • Evil Slykilla

Just start streaming as much as you can. I am planning to stream all my WL games in Feb as my chances of qualifying is so slim. Why not? Haha

might as well, can't wait for all the beggars and all the hate
  • EddieFicio
    22914 posts Club Captain
    Couldn't care less honestly.

The fact that teams like chicago fire havent jumped at the chance to sign someone like jukez tells you everything you need to know.
  • Evil Slykilla
    edited January 2018
    EddieFicio wrote: »

The fact that teams like chicago fire havent jumped at the chance to sign someone like jukez tells you everything you need to know.

true, although I don't think they even know what they are doing/haven't clearly explained it because isn't he on PS like is the Boston tourney on Xbox or what? So many unanswered questions and no details

GL tmrw btw or today for you I suppose
  • I guess it was more about having a twitch following (no offense Pug) or past accolades rather than having like a tourney or some sort competition to determine the representatives to send to Boston.

Cool

I hear what you’re saying but at the same time a viewing audience is huge. Building that audience takes time and skill and for the mls teams it’s a great opportunity to get their brand out. I’m all for it.
  • IDARYL
    5778 posts Big Money Move

They want people who go to events ?
  • BenzP7
    8316 posts League Winner
    IDARYL wrote: »

They want people who go to events ?

Not the case buddy
  • Agent Murhawk
    8848 posts League Winner
    I hit up Orlando City but they won’t tell me exactly how they’re choosing their player. I know Philadelphia Union is doing a local tourney.
  • YOLOT0URE
    7906 posts League Winner
    I might hit up my local team. I’ll tell em I’m an elite 1 player. I just won’t mention it’s in SB :trollface:
  • ManTrain
    3000 posts National Call-Up
    Still waiting to see how Columbus picks their player. Imma get that spot tho so don’t be jealous @Evil Slykilla
  • Santiago
    21531 posts Club Captain
    Think people are overrating it abit. Sure I get it is cool to maybe represent your team but that's about it. Also those who got selected and aren't that good will just have a terrible time getting their ❤️❤️❤️❤️ kicked over and over again.
  • Blarix
    20868 posts Club Captain
    How much money do people get ?

• ManTrain
    3000 posts National Call-Up
    Blarix wrote: »

I doubt it’s much.
  • Choepiechakie
    33891 posts National Team Captain
    Atleast tag the lad @Pugzilla
  • WoundedGoat
    13105 posts Has That Special Something
    Blarix wrote: »

Anderson Silva money, now he’s a drug cheat...
  • Yoshi
    3963 posts National Call-Up
    Atleast tag the lad @Pugzilla

its not hating its genuine curiosity. Pugz put in the time with streaming its not easy getting a following :joy: And apparently thats an important factor. ggnor
  • Yoshi
    3963 posts National Call-Up
    Tbh they probably realize that most NA people are going to get smacked by anyone anyway so they are going with people who are competent at the game and have a decent following